ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:11 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: James Cole
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 8:53 pm 

Here's another one, goes by James Cole, on Senior People Meet.com, states he's 65, daughter Joyce 15yrs. old from VA, in Malaysia, wonder when he's going to ask for the money, email: jamsev1056@yahoo.com ID jamsev1056, guess he doesn't know how to spell James, first email he is in love with you and has you as husband and wife, so old stuff they all say, just wanted to warn women he's still out there, email he sent me was same one he used a year ago. :twisted:

Post subject: Re: James Cole
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:20 pm 

I wonder if the James Bennett I met through eharmony and your James are the same... I notice alot of similar Eurpean terms/slang (such as cos/coz)

James Bennett, lives supposedly in Asheville, N.C. from Austraila, wife died 4 yrs ago of blood cancer, has a 6 yr old girl...he is very very fast to proclaim his undying love...BE CAREFUL he is a scam artist. I am writing to eharmoney, O'reilly factor, ect...

I had more or less given up on love, but decided to try eharmony, the number one rated dating service.

My first date from there, resulted in a fall off a motorcycle, my date never even checking me to see if I was ok, or help me up…I saw stars and for days could not move my fingers. The doctor was amazed I didn’t break anything….Over 6 weeks later, the pain remains.

My matches are full of people who sign up for free weekends and never respond, people who do not post pictures, but close the match saying “they did not feel there was chemistry”

The customer service cannot figure out simple glitches that make it impossible for matches to come through…an inquiring customer service manager inquired about a problem I had, but never replied or looked into it.

And now I have met the altimate…this man was too good to be true, which of course means he was. Having never met, proclaiming his undying love for me, promising me the world. We had talked by way of email, IM and phone for afew weeks and were suppose to meet next week. His mother quickly started emailing me, telling me how happy I had made her son…something made be look for similarities in the style and text of emails between mother and son…I think they are one in the same, or the female helps him with scams.

There has been so much talk about standing together no matter what…and of course he was told about my past, the hurt, being used and being taken.

I was just waiting for him to ask for money each time he would ask if he could ask a small favor. The first test he uses is saying he is traveling, out of the blue for a contract that will make “us” rich, and convinces the woman to use a long distance calling card. (the country codes not matching county he says he is in)….the first came afew days ago…he is supposedly in Africa on business. He asked if I could do him a small favor and buy a game his 6 yr old daughter has wanted, mail it to him in Africa so he can add afew things, and he would send it off to her in Austrialia….I asked the name of the game….xbox360…not a certain game, of course she did not have the system and needed that…which with tax sells at Walmart for about $500

I told him that was practicly my mortage…I didn’t know how to tell him no, but I do not have that kind of money…he made it seem no big deal, he would of course pay me back when he visits me next week….I wrote his “mother” and mentioned I could not afford this and a $500 toy for Valentine’s Day for a 6 yr old is very inappropriate….he apologized….was wonderful again, telling me all of the wonderful things a woman wants and longs to hear.

That was mere days ago. Today he called me, asking me a small favor…his funds ran out and he needed me to come up with a way to get him $2500 to fly him back to US making a stop somewhere else…and of course would pay me back.

I gave him one more chance after the toy incident…thinking maybe he wasn’t thinking right and didn’t realize how inappropriate that was to ask me.

I hung up on him…he called me back at work, begging me please to help him to somehow come up with the money…I reminded him I had already told him how my ex used me and took me for everything…that I did not even have $2500 to my name and I couldn’t believe he could even ask something like that from someone he’s never even met.

I came home to one email begging me to reconsider..than another telling me that showed him how well I could stand by someone asking for help…and of course he told me goodbye.

I have turned this person into eharmony through email once and of COURSE have heard nothing… I am very sure he is scamming many ladies on there looking for love and willing to do anything for the right one.

I am calling out eharmony to do something about this con artist. This email will be sent all over the net and to fox news Bill O’Reilly…ANYONE that will listen and warn women against what can happen to them on eharmony and that eharmony does nothing to even respond to this.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:38 pm 

Match.com does the same thing, my first scammer got me good, name was Henry Cole, wife died from cancer had 13 yr old kid, then kid got hurt needed money for hosp. so stupid me felt sorry for the kid and sent it, well he keeps coming on match.com, same pic. and profile, and I notify them and nothing, he only stays on for the 3 day free thing, then comes off and comes back on with a different user name, so now I just watch for him on there, and then report him to scam sites I go on, maybe that will help other woman, I have never in my life seen so many scammers, as soon as they tell me they are in Nigeria, especailly Lagos, I play them for a bit and then cut them off, now James Cole told me the same thing about having the daughter, he came on real strong right away about loving me, and I cut him off right away, he's been on SPM and CPM, and probably every other dating site, found him in romancescam.com and then told everyone his user name in the other sites, so no other women get him, it's really sick, you don't which sites are safe anymore, sorry what happen to you, stay away from the ones out of the USA, that is what I do now.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:22 pm 

Gypsyeyes130,

I have been chatting with James for the last two weeks. I met him on eHarmony. He seemed to good to be true and as I see now he is. I would love to talk to you and compare notes and possibly figure out a way to nail this guy.

Diana

gypsyeyes130 wrote:
I wonder if the James Bennett I met through eharmony and your James are the same... I notice alot of similar Eurpean terms/slang (such as cos/coz)

James Bennett, lives supposedly in Asheville, N.C. from Austraila, wife died 4 yrs ago of blood cancer, has a 6 yr old girl...he is very very fast to proclaim his undying love...BE CAREFUL he is a scam artist. I am writing to eharmoney, O'reilly factor, ect...

I had more or less given up on love, but decided to try eharmony, the number one rated dating service.

My first date from there, resulted in a fall off a motorcycle, my date never even checking me to see if I was ok, or help me up…I saw stars and for days could not move my fingers. The doctor was amazed I didn’t break anything….Over 6 weeks later, the pain remains.

My matches are full of people who sign up for free weekends and never respond, people who do not post pictures, but close the match saying “they did not feel there was chemistry”

The customer service cannot figure out simple glitches that make it impossible for matches to come through…an inquiring customer service manager inquired about a problem I had, but never replied or looked into it.

And now I have met the altimate…this man was too good to be true, which of course means he was. Having never met, proclaiming his undying love for me, promising me the world. We had talked by way of email, IM and phone for afew weeks and were suppose to meet next week. His mother quickly started emailing me, telling me how happy I had made her son…something made be look for similarities in the style and text of emails between mother and son…I think they are one in the same, or the female helps him with scams.

There has been so much talk about standing together no matter what…and of course he was told about my past, the hurt, being used and being taken.

I was just waiting for him to ask for money each time he would ask if he could ask a small favor. The first test he uses is saying he is traveling, out of the blue for a contract that will make “us” rich, and convinces the woman to use a long distance calling card. (the country codes not matching county he says he is in)….the first came afew days ago…he is supposedly in Africa on business. He asked if I could do him a small favor and buy a game his 6 yr old daughter has wanted, mail it to him in Africa so he can add afew things, and he would send it off to her in Austrialia….I asked the name of the game….xbox360…not a certain game, of course she did not have the system and needed that…which with tax sells at Walmart for about $500

I told him that was practicly my mortage…I didn’t know how to tell him no, but I do not have that kind of money…he made it seem no big deal, he would of course pay me back when he visits me next week….I wrote his “mother” and mentioned I could not afford this and a $500 toy for Valentine’s Day for a 6 yr old is very inappropriate….he apologized….was wonderful again, telling me all of the wonderful things a woman wants and longs to hear.

That was mere days ago. Today he called me, asking me a small favor…his funds ran out and he needed me to come up with a way to get him $2500 to fly him back to US making a stop somewhere else…and of course would pay me back.

I gave him one more chance after the toy incident…thinking maybe he wasn’t thinking right and didn’t realize how inappropriate that was to ask me.

I hung up on him…he called me back at work, begging me please to help him to somehow come up with the money…I reminded him I had already told him how my ex used me and took me for everything…that I did not even have $2500 to my name and I couldn’t believe he could even ask something like that from someone he’s never even met.

I came home to one email begging me to reconsider..than another telling me that showed him how well I could stand by someone asking for help…and of course he told me goodbye.

I have turned this person into eharmony through email once and of COURSE have heard nothing… I am very sure he is scamming many ladies on there looking for love and willing to do anything for the right one.

I am calling out eharmony to do something about this con artist. This email will be sent all over the net and to fox news Bill O’Reilly…ANYONE that will listen and warn women against what can happen to them on eharmony and that eharmony does nothing to even respond to this.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 7:04 pm 

I am so glad a friend of mine decided to google James Bennett because he seemed to good to be true. Well I guess he was. After I saw what he was, I im him and told him I was going to call him I had to talk to him right then and he needed to answer the phone because he had never answered it before even though he told me to call if I needed him. This time he answered the phone at the number he gave me. His accent was so strong I could hardly understand him . He told me I would get used to it. The rest was the same falling deeper and deeper in love every day. He told me his mother lived 4 miles from him in North Carolina and he had a child, wife died four years ago. Also said his dad was dead. But he did not say they were dead he said they were late. A lot of things he said did not make since, I just thought he was bad at typing. I should pay more attention.,

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:33 pm 

pfm8....What site did you meet James Bennett on? Was it eharmony? If so, when? I talked to eharmony last week and they assured me James Bennett was not on the site anymore. If he is still on there I'm going to contact eharmony again. I still have James on my yahoo messenger and I decided to communicate again just to see if he would ask me for money. Sure enough, today he asked me for money. He said he is stuck in England. I still have the IM messages. If anyone is interested in seeing them I can post them here.

I also see James is changed his story a bit. He told me his mom lived in Australia with his daughter not 4 miles away from him like he told you.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 1:03 pm 

This stupid jerk got me again, he is so dumb, that he forgot I told him where to go in Feb., so I played with him for about 2 weeks, then when he asked for the money I told him to get lost, loves to call you all the time, he has been at this for about 4 years, real pro, did you even notice they are not on line on Sunday, guess they are sleeping from all the hard work they do all week :lol: I must get about 4 or 5 scammers a week, most I just delete, but if it's one I know I've seen his picture, I'll play him for a while, keeps them away from the innocent women who don't know they are scams, now working on Andy Willams, it's a "prince" tomorrow he should be asking me for the money, then I have a Victor Jimm, a/k/a Derick Johnson, same thing, had him on and off for 2 months, call him a scammer and everthing but still comes back,,, used a model pic., most of them do, if I know the model I ask them why they are using their picture, and I want to see the real person, some of these dumb ones send another model, :lol: so glad there are sites you can now go on and find them and tell other women about these scums,,,, :evil:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:56 pm 

I thought the same thing...too good to be true. My last relationship turned into an abusive marriage, and I have worked with court, jail and prison...dumb me to fall for cons afew times, but James was abit too obvious about it.

I have been asked to contact Fox morning show regarding a segment they are doing about online scams and would love to coordinate as much info as possible with you on him before doing so.

Not only is James profile look active, but he has added and changed afew things...apparently he is now a pilot & a residential home construction manager...the profile I saw he was a telecommunications expert

He seems to be going a great deal in depth with being alone for a long time and seeing other relationships in his new profile. I'm not sure if this is just his page info that comes up for him, or if others can view, but his is the one: http://www.eharmony.com/singles/servlet ... =670957275

ANY IDEAS ON HOW THE NAIL THIS ONE????

Thanks

UPDATE...just comparing Jame's profile currently with the one I have saved. His age has changed, he has children rather than ONE child, was divorced not widowed. I will be calling eharmony tomorrow and asking how they would like to be quoted offically regarding James Bennett on Fox Morning Show

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:26 pm 

TXchic44
I MET JAMES ON EHARMONY. I STARTED TALKING TO HIM SOMETIME IN JANUARY. THEN IN FEBRUARY HE TOLD ME HIS SUBSCRIPTION WAS RUNNING OUT AND WE SHOULD IM AND EMAIL pathfinder123@yahoo.com. I TOLD HIM OFF ABOUT 2 WEEKS AGO AND YESTERDAY I GOT AN EMAIL ASKING FOR MONEY BECAUSE HE WAS GOING TO WEST AFRICA. BUT GUESS WHAT HE LOVES ME AND WHEN HE GETS BACK HES GOING TO COME AND LIVE WITH ME. AM I THE LUCKY ONE OR WHAT???????? HE THINK OF ME ALL DAY LONG AND TODAY HE CAME IN OUT OF THE RAIN TO A LOCAL CYBER CAFE TO SEND ME THIS EMAIL. THATS WHAT HE SAID ANYWAY. I BET A LOT OF OTHER WOMEN GOT THE SAME EMAIL. I GOT IT 5 TIMES. TWO OF THEM THE SUBJECT WAS "I MISS YOU AND I MEAN I MISS YOU MY LOVE", THE OTHER THREE WAS "HAPPY NEW DAYS TO YOU MY LOVE". I AM GOING TO EMAIL HIM BACK. I WANT TO KNOW HOW MUCH MONEY HE WANTS.
I DON'T THINK HE WROTE ALL OF THE EMAIL BECAUSE PART OF IT WAS HARD TO UNDERSTAND, THEN THE MIDDLE OF IT WAS TYPED A LOT BETTER, THEN THE END WENT BAD AGAIN.
HE SIGNED IT "I MEAN REALLY LOVE YOU MY SWEETHEART". WHAT A JERK!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:47 pm 

gypsyeyes, if you need any more info on James Cole just let me know as I saved every thing this scum bag wrote me and IM me jut let me know :x

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:49 pm 

Here is an email exchange between James and I today. Read from the bottom up. Try not to vomit when you read it. It was titled I MISS YOU SO BADLY MY LOVE....

Thanks My Love,

My love you really means something to me all day and all time,i will always love you more and more till the rest of how life my love.
I need to pay up some little bill's in my house and work and also need to repair my system it fault,bcos right now am in the local cyber cafe where i came to send you this mail and also i need you to know that i want to be with you my love and i want this to happen as soon as possible my love,how can this be my love i need you in my life,you are more than anything to me in my life my love.
My sweetheart i need at list $1000 if you can be able to help me more i think and i think you can do it for me for the sake of love.
I wanted to buy another system that is why i need to repair the one i have and buy another one my love,so i can't say i need $1000 but i think you can get it for me and if you can help me to add little i will be very greatful my love if you can help me to send this money today or tomorrow my love.i will be waiting for your mail soon my love.
I will always love you more and more my love.

<mnchic36@yahoo.com> wrote:
James,

Like I asked you before how much do you need?

Diana

----- Original Message ----
To: mnchic36@yahoo.com
Sent: Tuesday, March 18, 2008 7:30:27 AM
Subject: I MISS YOU SO BADLY MY LOVE.....

Hello Hon,
I Which I could have been with you and stay with you for ever my love,i can't wait any longer my love,but thing is hard over here and i don't know if you can help me out love inother to come over and meet and spend the rest of my life with you and i know you will love me to come and meet,Hon i want to be with and stay with you in bed and in kitchen and everywhere you will be love and i will love to make love to you in the side of pool or riverside my love,i have a lout to share with you my love,if only you can ask me to come and meet you over there,and you know this are not easy for me over here my love,so i will urge you to make things fast so that i can come quick my love,i was in the rain and i came in into a local cyber cafe to send you this mail, love i really can't wait anymore,Hon how can i come and meet you over there,i wanted to come as soon as possible inother to make you happy and make you the woman on my life.
In my thoughts of you there is an underlying love that is present in every word, every glimpse I hope you feel it as I do, for it is what I am and ever I will be,
Before I sleep before i eat,i always think of you and after I wake up and all the hours in between ...you occupy my mind. So,practically every moment of the day you are in my thoughts.I miss you."
I am thinking of you,In my sleepless solitude tonight. If it's wrong to love you, then my heart just won't let me be right.'Cause I'm drowned in you, And I won't pull through, without you by my side.I lie on my bed and stare at the ceiling. My thoughts - all about you, gives me a lovely feeling!If today, a smile should appear on your face, it's because at this very minute, I am thinking of you and I am smiling too."If I could have one dance with you, I'd play a song that lasted foreve,Love is like a rainbow and Your arms are my castle; your heart is my sky.
My love i count wait any long,we need to find something done before it too late and again before i forget,i will be going to WEST AFRICA BY WEEKEND MY HON,I WILL WANT YOU TO MAIL ME BACK SO THAT WE CAN KNOW WHAT TO DO FROM THERE,ALL I NEED FROM YOU IS YES,SO THAT I CAN INFORM MY PEOPLE TO KNOW THAT AM GOING AND GOING FOR GOOD TO MY MY HEART DISARE AND THE PERON IS YOU MY LOVE.AND HON LIKE I SAID EARLIER THAT I AM BROKE AND I NEED SOME LITTLE MONEY,I DON'T KNOW IF YOU CAN HELP ME MY LOVE.
I CAN'T WAIT TO READ FROM YOU MY LOVE
I WILL LOVE YOU FOR EVER..
CHEERS...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:27 am 

Interesting!!! Here are afew of the emails I received from James:

Hi love ,

l'm glad we are getting on the same page in our relationship ,l want you to know its absolutely safe to fall in love with me cos l have fallen helplessly in love with you . l don't need another woman in my life you are everything l yearn and ever dream about , l don't care about the physical cos it all vanity what would happen when we are old when our beautiful body is all gone and counts for nothing we should still be have a long nice conversation that would end under the covers,the moment l saw you on e harmony , l was at peace would myself cos something inside of me knew you are the answer to all my prays

Patti believe it or not my search ends with you

James

I think I love you. I think about you every second of every day. When I fall asleep, my dreams are about you. When I wake up, I look at the empty pillow next to me and wish you were there looking into my eyes. I wish I could tell you how I really feel. I would have told you by now, but I didn’t, and now I’m afraid it’s too late.
Have a nice day
James

Dear Patti,

You brought love and laughter to my empty, sad and boring life. My heart had known only emptiness until the day you came and filled my heart to overflowing with your jovial ways. Your sense of humor has turned my frown into a smile.

l know part of you just want to be loved and the other part is saying this can't be true ,l know you have been hurt more than l would ever know , lf so sorry for your ex cos he has missed out on a good woman, sometime we morals pray for a miracle to happen and when it finally does we don't even recognize it , l recognize you ,you are the answer to my many prayers , you have to learn to give your heart again to be able to heal completely l don't know how long l would wait for that to happen but l want you to know my heart is forever yours .
I can never forget you, or keep thoughts of you out of my mind. I think of your sweet lips and kisses, feel them as if it was yesterday. Thoughts of you warm my heart. You complete me, you are everything my heart desire.

Please don't regret my love

James

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 5:04 pm 

Hello My love,

Thanks for your good thought for me my
love,i can't imagine how it could have been that we
are together now my love,becos i can't wait to make
you the woman of my life my love,i really love you my
love and i will always love you more and more my love.
I was going to west africa to handle some litle thing
and i needed some little money to sort some little
things before i get there that is why i ask you for
and help and i was dreaming of you true out my dream
yesterday night my dear,i was think how i will make
love to you and make you happy for the rest of your
life and also i was thinking of coming to you very
soon my love if you ask me to come i will quickly come
and meet you over there soon,i mean the sooner you ask
me to come the better i could leave the place am going
to today my love.
My love i will be flying to this africa country today
and i need you to help me out to pay for hotel bills
and some little pocket money when i get there my love
and i don't know if you can be of help to me my love,i
can't wait to make love to you and kiss you like you
never been kiss before,and you no what my love,i love
kissing,i hope you could grant me the place in your
heart soon my love,so that i can come and meet you
there,i won't stay more than one week or tow over
there in africa,so my love pls can i ask you this
again,pls i need your cell phone number so that i can
ring you any time when am there and i will also send
you some pics that i took when i get there my love,i
can't wait to come meet you in FLORIDA my love.
My love i will want you to pls kindly try an assit me
in this jorney my love and how is all your friend i
hope you have been telling them about me and i can't
even wait to meet all of them and my love i hope they
don't give you stress at all,anyway i know they won't
be able to try it,becos i won't like them to hurt you
a little bit at all my love.
My love can you just try and state the amount ou can
afford to help me with,i will surely aspect it like
that with love and everything you disare my love,i
will be waiting for your mail and pls don't forget to
send me the number so that i can call on you my love
and i will also be with you all day long i spend over
there,i won't leave you a bit at all,becos i don't
want anything to stain or disturb my love.
I shall be there with you my love,in all what ever you
nee me for and my love one more thing is very
important,can i just know when you wanted me to come
and meet you over there my love.
i really love and i will surely love you more and more
my love.
i will be expecting your sweet mail soon my love.
take care of yourself my love and have a good day at
work and everything you lay your hand off shall
prosper my love(Amen)
love you.

THIS IS THE EMAIL THAT I RECEIVED FROM JAMES. I ALSO RECEIVED THE EXACT EMAIL ABOVE THAT STARTS HI HON, ____________________________________________________________________________________
Be a better friend, newshound, and
know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.
http://mobile.yahoo.com/;_ylt=Ahu06i62s ... o8Wcj9tAcJ

Last edited by pfm8 on Thu Mar 20, 2008 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 5:14 pm 

Too funny! I received almost the exact same letter. Notice that FLORIDA is in caps. I bet he just changes the state and sends this out to many women.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 5:40 pm 

HEY EVERYONE,
THIS IS THE EMAIL I RECEIVED TODAY. HE KILLS ME WITH THIS MY LOVE STUFF.

Hello my love,

How was your day been over there my love,i
have been waiting for you to get back to me so that i
can know when you are going to send the money to me my
love,i am now is AFRICA my love and i need you to know
that i will be needing the money i ask you for my
love,now am in the hotel my love i just took my bath
and i was thinking maybe you have forgeting that you
are to mail me back on what i ask from you my love.
My love i need at let like $1000 so that i can pay up
some little bill and have some little pocket money my
love,why am asking you this is because i know you can
do it for me my love and i believe that with that you
i can't be my love,my love i will always count on you
for anything and also my love count on me for anything
ok,ask anything from me if i can able to lay hands on
it i will do it for you my love.
My love when do you want me to come back so that we
can plan how meeting soon my love,i just want you to
tell me my love so i can come quick my love and i need
you to send me your cell phone number with your real
name and address with zip code my love incase of when
coming to you my love,i will be waiting for your mail
soon and my love i can give you the number to call me
on ok my love.
I need to talk to you on phone my love,My love i will
want you to pls state the amount that you can afford
to send to me my love,becuase i need more than this
but i can't put all in your neck,that is why i just
need to ask you the amount you can able to afford and
how was your work in there hope all is well with you
my love,i won't want you to stress yourself my
love,just take thing esle with yourself and make sure
you get back to me today my love it very important my
love,i can do anything with that telling my love
disare,i will always love you more and more my love.
I can't wait to meet you my love.
I really love you my love.