ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:58 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Help i'm so scardand only 17
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:12 pm 

K so heres the thing i got and e-mail after i had posted my resume online and so i didn't think any thing of it and i have been done with high school for well since dec. and i am so missing it so i needed to come up with the money for prom which in racine cost upwards of 3000 dollarsna i need a car so i can get back and forth to college in the fall so this seemed like a really cool thing but 2 days ago i get a call from the bank and i'm freaking out i'm about to start my freshman year of college i'm going for nursing and then the army
but so i'm only 17 and terrified will i go to jail ? will this be on my record? what should i expect? how do i rectify this situtation ? and to top everything i live in the middle of the country with no way to get to and from a job. (i'm not allowed to get a real job till i can buy a car) Plz someone out there help me I'm scard and i don't know what else to do but to ask for help and what to expect ?

Post subject: Re: Help i'm so scardand only 17
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 3:07 pm 
Gold Member

Did you deposit a check or cash a check, you have not told us what happened.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 3:48 pm 

well i took the cashiers check to the bank and asked how long the hold would be and the teller told me i could axcess the funds now and so i took all but 200 cash and sent it western union to the person in london

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 10:26 pm 

I think that 17 is considered a MINOR. In Georgia, some banks will not allow anyone under 18 to write checks. I have no idea how that will come into play with a counterfeit check situation. You need to explain to the bank what happened to you regarding the work at home scam.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:23 am 
Gold Member

countrygirlneedshelp wrote:
well i took the cashiers check to the bank and asked how long the hold would be and the teller told me i could axcess the funds now and so i took all but 200 cash and sent it western union to the person in london

Tell the bank what happened, show them the WU receipt if you still have it. Also take them the emails you have with the instructions to cash the check and WU the rest. Try to make a payment agreement with them. Before you goto the bank file a police report with the Racine PD and take a copy of the report to the bank. Do this as quickly as possible to show the bank that you are not trying to scam them and are willing to work this out with them.