ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:33 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Please add Names of Scamers
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 2:18 pm 

Please post Names, E-Mail names, Phone numbers, Bank account numbers and other names associated with Scammers this will help other potential victims when doing a search. Also maybe this information can help us understand who they are.

Here are the 4 which have attempted to Scam me

Nike Cole (the roommate)
(sleeknike@yahoo.com)

Mr Charles Butler
23 Oxford Road
Upper Norwood
SE19 3 JH
London.U.K
(the shipper)

Kelvin Williams (the superviser)
+44 7935284836 Kelvin
+44 7511627231 Nike
716 989 5954 Kelvin
+44 7934403096 Mr Butler
SunTrust Official Check 8839286080

Rachael Brown (the roommate)
(rachaelbrown01@yahoo.com)

Ola Ray
10 Camp david str,
Ikeja,Lagos Nigeria 23401
(the shipper)

C. A. John (the superviser?)
Navy Federal Credit Union Cashier's Check 714691706

R. A. John
111 Wheeler Ave
Redwood City, CA 94061
UPS Account No. 37V531

Oprah Lease (the roommate)
(oprah_lease@yahoo.com)

Name ......MICHELINE JEAN
Address .....446 J.J Dessalines
City... Port Au Prince
Country ...Hiati
ZIPCODE.... HT 6112.
------------------------------------------------
Name ....... PAUL JUNIOR HERCULE
City... Port Au Prince
Country ...Hiati
ZIPCODE.... HT 6112. (agent and his assistant)

J. E. Beauline (the Boss)
Wells Fargo Bank West, N.A. Cashier's Check 8598815

Parnoid
6235 Bntt Rd
Marbleton, UA 30265
UPS Account No. 54ER03

Bakerg Gwen (the roomate)
(bakerg102@yahoo.com)

I don't have anything else on this one because I was quick to let her know I would not be needing any large bad checks and would not be sending anything anywhere anytime. I don't suggest doing this. its better to let them spend as much time and money as you can just keep delaying until they give up!

Post subject: Scammer address?
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 12:04 am 

Hi Goodww
I google this address
Mitho Jean
446 J.J Dessalines
City... Port Au Prince
Country ...Hiati
ZIPCODE.... HT 6112.
It linked to your forum with list of scammers.
I have some one send me the check for renting my house. She kept asking me to send the different for over payment. I thought it must be scam so I try to find out the shipper address that she wanted me to send the money back.
Could you tell me more about the name and this address. I will not send any money until I get the verify from the bank that this is not a countefeit check.
Please advice. Thanks

Post subject: Re: Scammer address?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:49 am 
Gold Member

kinhoang wrote:
Hi Goodww
I google this address
Mitho Jean
446 J.J Dessalines
City... Port Au Prince
Country ...Hiati
ZIPCODE.... HT 6112.
It linked to your forum with list of scammers.
I have some one send me the check for renting my house. She kept asking me to send the different for over payment. I thought it must be scam so I try to find out the shipper address that she wanted me to send the money back.
Could you tell me more about the name and this address. I will not send any money until I get the verify from the bank that this is not a countefeit check.
Please advice. Thanks

It is a scam. The check is bad. If they over pay for something that you gave them a price and ask you to wire the rest to them they are scamming you. Call your bank and let them know and do not send or spend any of the money.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:46 pm 

Thank you so much for your advices. I will destroy the check. This scammer even send email threatening me that there will ve needed authorities look for me. What a joke!
Thanks again russellj84.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:12 pm 
Site Admin/Co-Founder

kinhoang wrote:
Thank you so much for your advices. I will destroy the check. This scammer even send email threatening me that there will ve needed authorities look for me. What a joke!
Thanks again russellj84.

they do that a lot to try and frighten a victim into sending the money . . . just tell them you gave all of their info to the SS, FBI and police and THEY are looking for him too if he keeps bugging you.

Share your story with the media and educate others about scams! Details here http://scamvictimsunited.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=6319
Sign our petition http://www.change.org/actions/view/crea ... s_programs
Follow our blog http://scamvictimsunited.wordpress.com/
Find us on Twitter, Facebook and more http://www.retaggr.com/page/ShawnMosch

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:34 pm 
Gold Member

kinhoang wrote:
Thanks again russellj84.

You are welcome. I am glad you did not get scammed. I don't think you need to worry about any "authorities" looking for you. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:05 pm 

Thank you alls.
Here are the names use to contact me of the scammer.
Anna Hick Florida
Juddy Scott from UK
Linda Clinton
They all over payment and request the refund via Western Union.
The refund asked to send to:
Mitho Jean
446 J.J Dessalines
City... Port Au Prince
Country ...Hiati
ZIPCODE.... HT 6112.

And the counterfeit cashier check sender name.
Larry Wilson
300 Sairs Avenue
Long Branch, NJ 07740
UPS account no: 65A15A

Please watch out for them.!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:35 pm 
Gold Member

kinhoang wrote:
446 J.J Dessalines
City... Port Au Prince
Country ...Hiati
ZIPCODE.... HT 6112.

The funny thing is they can't even spell the country right. Since when did Haitians get into scams?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:29 pm 

That's right! Those people needed to go back school for education to get a job and earn honest money istead of doing scams. They all sounded the same like this:

Hello ,
Congratulations you got it at last,how are you doing ?Hope cool .My boss called to imform me that he has been notified by the currier service that the payment is out for delivery now so you will get it today,...and here is the confirmation he sent through my mail.........
Type: Package
Last Scan: 1/25/2008 8:51:00 AM OUT FOR DELIVERY HONOLULU, HI US
HONOLULU, HI US
Carrier: UPS

Plz kindly as soon as you get it take it to your bank TODAY and get it cashed. Then you will deduct the total move-in cost(including utilities and deposit then you go to
the nearest Western union office and send the balance money to my shipper to comence with the shipping process immediately..........Here is the shippers information
------------------------------------------------
Name .......MITHO JEAN
City... Port Au Prince
Country ...Hiati
ZIPCODE.... HT 6112.
AMOUNT SENT.............
Western union Fee is 6% of the money you are
sending so deduct that from the whole difference
and send the remaining to the shipper.plz kindly update me with
the exact amount sent and the 10 digit MTCN
number given to you from Western union okay.Am
looking forward to hearing from you as soon as you
get everything done.
thanks so much i will also update you with the flight schedle.
Can wait to live with you.
Juddy.

Hope this will help many others to recognize these scammer artists.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:39 pm 
Site Admin/Co-Founder

russellj84 wrote:
Since when did Haitians get into scams?

Maybe so many people see a red flag when they hear the scammer say "wire the money to Nigeria" that they are changing things up and using a different country . . . the truth is, they can still be in Nigeria and get the money if they have the exact amount sent and the 10 digit MTCN number . . . it does not matter if you write on the Western Union form/paperwork that it is going to the North Pole . . . if they have that code they can pick it up at ANY Western Union location in the world!

Share your story with the media and educate others about scams! Details here http://scamvictimsunited.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=6319

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:09 pm 

Good infos. Another tip is that they always talked really good about them. Such as professional work for some big global organizations or nurse. I once have a deaf nurse refuse to call me because she can not talk on the phone. Copy and paste her email as follow:

Date: Wednesday, January 16, 2008, 1:42 PM

Am glad to read your email. The info you gave me is sweet to me as am hoping to move in
soon. I think i will like the place hopefully we come to good terms. I have been little busy these days as am meeting several housecarers to look after my apartment.

I will like to make a two month upfront deposit on the room so that it will be secure. Am
partially deaf person and i do not see how i can give you a phone call, please bear with me.

I forgot to tell you that I have a bachelor in nursing degree, at the university of Manchester school of nursing and I specialize in learning disability nursing. I work with people with learning disabilities to help them. Although online nursing degree programs is what am yet to practice but am looking forward to soon.

I just finished writing my masters examinations. And i have been pressing good buttons as
per where to work when i get there, as also already have private patient that am coming to
see.... so am not going to be jobless because i have always like living around that part of
the States.

Let me know in which name and where I can mail out a cashier's check to as payment you
prefer and if its okay i deposit for two months. You will get it this weekend. Thanks and hope to hear from you.

Regards
Anna Hicks.

Date: Monday, January 14, 2008, 4:15 PM

Hello Lang Le,
Thanks for the information,i like your place it's the best place have found so far
it is quite reasonable and affordable,i already told my boss about the this and
he said he is okay with the move in date and also promised to make sure that he
meet up with the payment so that I can depart from here as scheduled.He also said
i will have the advantage to make payment for deposit,So i should arrive on or
before 1st so pls keep the room for me till my arrival.He also said my mode of
payment will be a Certified Money Order or a certified cashier check as it
pleases you ,so pls let me know if this mode of payment is ok by you.And if YES pls
provide me with the following information to get the payment to you
(1)Your full name as it will appear on the Money Order or cashier check as it pleases you.
(2)your work or home address to ensure delivery in your hands through regular mails
or a courier service.
(3)your phone number on the package to keep contact close and avoid package missing
in transit.I'll like to make the payment for the first month ahead of my arrival,and
then i will make subsequent payment thereafter as i plan to stay. Kindly get back to
me as soon as possible with this requested address contact information so that he can
proceed immediately.Dont know if i told you that i will be moving in these things
benz 190 2005 model,my clothes in 3 luggages,my lap-top computer,a del plasma TV,
and a suite case containing my books and pieces of furnitures and few decoration.
Finally i will prefer the ordinary room and also am not all tume cocking person.
kindly mail me back today as i anciously await your reply.
Best regards,

Date: Sunday, January 13, 2008, 6:25 AM

Hello Lang Le,
Thanks for your swift response am indeed very grateful,but let me first start by introducing
myself, My name is Juddy Scott am 25yrs old from greater london in UK. Am a humanitarian officer involved in projects that includes orphans,orphanages , heart related diseases in children between the ages of 4-10yrs and i have just been deployed down,the larger part of our support is comming from the UN(United Nation)and other big government hospitals across the wold.I will be staying for a minimum of 6-12 months. I don't drink nor smoke but really i don't mind people who do around me,no pets and no boyfriend for now because am a very busy lady only dedicated to my work. I like honest,trustworthy and hardworking people while I dislike lazy, messy,uncaring. I like my job because it involves traveling which is one of my hobbys, paying my rents on time won't be an issue of discussion.I should arrive on or before 1st of feb. so please keep the room for me till my arrival and remove the advert from roommates.com cos am certainly going to rent it, so i will like to know the total move-in cost plus utilities and am ready to make payment prior to my arrival to secure the room,and please send me the pictures of the room and yourself if you have other one readily available.
I am also planning on opening a store where i will be selling fabrics and antiques, i will also like to know if you can do my pick-up at the airport at the my point of arrival,but if you won't be chanced,i can always get a Taxi to the house address.
I will be expecting to read from you today to know how it turns out.
Best regards,
Juddy.

Please stay alert for beautiful scammers.!!!! Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:38 am 
Gold Member

admin wrote:
russellj84 wrote:
Since when did Haitians get into scams?

Maybe so many people see a red flag when they hear the scammer say "wire the money to Nigeria" that they are changing things up and using a different country . . . the truth is, they can still be in Nigeria and get the money if they have the exact amount sent and the 10 digit MTCN number . . . it does not matter if you write on the Western Union form/paperwork that it is going to the North Pole . . . if they have that code they can pick it up at ANY Western Union location in the world!

Interesting I did not know they could pickup a WU payment any where just with that 10 digit code. If the country and things don't matter why even ask for it? I guess there are plenty of flaws with WU that could be fixed and make the scamming business more difficult.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:31 pm 
Site Admin/Co-Founder

russellj84 wrote:
If the country and things don't matter why even ask for it? I guess there are plenty of flaws with WU that could be fixed and make the scamming business more difficult.

I agree with you. Now, if only we could get in to speak with someone at Western Union about that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:38 am 
Gold Member

admin wrote:
russellj84 wrote:
If the country and things don't matter why even ask for it? I guess there are plenty of flaws with WU that could be fixed and make the scamming business more difficult.

I agree with you. Now, if only we could get in to speak with someone at Western Union about that.

I don't think it would fix anything and I still believe WU could care less because 1) they are profitting from these scams and 2) I think they are behind a good chunk of them.

Post subject: Nigeria scam
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 7:07 pm 

Hi. Just thought i'd add another name to the list.
I was looking for a flat to rent and he made up a address and sent photos of the place but then we found out that it was a scam...Luckily before we payed the $720 he requested as "Security bond".

Engineer Samuel(Samuel Arubusola)
Address was stated 20, Catholic Mission Road Ikeja
Lagos
Nigeria

Thompson B. Omoriame
25, Western Avenue Road, Ikeja
Lagos
Nigeria

He wanted us to send the deposit through western union where you don't need the bank account, just the name of reciever.
Never transfer any money through them if you arent sure!
When i sent him a email saying i had found out it was a scam i never heard from him again.
Thanks for reading my reply.