ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:06 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 164 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 1:12 pm 
Site Admin/Co-Founder

Nick,
I am glad that you were able to see that your situation was a scam!

Share your story with the media and educate others about scams! Details here http://scamvictimsunited.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=6319
Sign our petition http://www.change.org/actions/view/crea ... s_programs
Follow our blog http://scamvictimsunited.wordpress.com/
Find us on Twitter, Facebook and more http://www.retaggr.com/page/ShawnMosch

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 10:17 pm 

hello everybody,

i have a BIG , BIG , problem.
A good friend of mine has met an internet girl 6 Monthes ago, and tomorrow night, will be taking his plane to romania, to meet her and come back to france to live with her.....

i was a bit scared for him, so tonight i googlize a few keywords and found this webiste.

1. Met on myspace...
2. Divorced
3. Iuliana
4. A real beauty (saw the picture)
5. Works so hard in a bad job, for very little money
6. Had problems with her health recently (dont know if he sent money to her)
7. (the scariest part) SHE S NOT GONNA MEET HIM AT THE AIRPORT.... HER "BROTHER" COME FOR MY FRIEND THERE....

please, tell me what i should do, i would feel sooo guilty if i was wrong to be scared, but it seems that i am so so right. :(

Post subject: Romanian .....
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 3:45 am 

Hi, well I think your friend will be cheated, this is the classical story which I heard already many times. However, he will not believe you and needs to make his own experience. In a few months he will write his story here as well.........
I feel sorry for him, just hope he doesn't spent his last savings on this girl like one of my friends did, they bankrupted him in his attempt to find " the love of his life"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 9:25 pm 

Here's my story, i don't know what to do really.
Edit : removed story. i didnt do anything actually, didnt get scammed for money, didnt send any... although i was scammed for friendship in the meantime

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 2:20 pm 

I must say... u guys are lying about where u meet the girls so that u wont look stupid.The truth is u meet them in adult video chat rooms and not myspace, u pay them for shows, and then u act like victims.

Last edited by scammer on Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 3:17 pm 
Gold Member

scammer wrote:
I must say... u guys are lying about where u meet the girls so that u wont look stupid. The truth is u meet them in adult video chat rooms and not myspace, u pay them for shows, and then u act like victims.

Surely this would be pointless?
Why would anyone want to publicly admit to being scammed, it they didn't believe it to be the case themselves?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 3:45 pm 

They are the case, but also they are hiding some details about how things really were.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 2:35 am 

Enough details to spot a scam or help somebody realize they are being scammed.

Not enough details for scammers to get more clues on how to scam better, among other things.

As far as you "scammer" are concerned, it's enough to see your way of typing "u", I think I know where you are coming from. Tell us your story please!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 6:07 pm 

Scammer,

If they met you on an adult chat site, I'm sure they'll report your actions to the administrators at the site.

Your Friend,
The Victim

Post subject: Romanian Scammers
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 5:16 pm 

I'd like to thank all who've read my post which I made as far back as 2006, I never thought it would generate as much interest as it has.

Truth is, Time is the Healer, I've moved on from the experience... for me the reality is that there are many beautiful people around us a far lot nearer than crossing the oceans, and it was my mistake, and I learnt from it before being too badly burnt. I've met a beautiful woman, and she is from the Ukraine, and she lives here in the UK, I fell in Love with her, she's never asked me for a single penny and she has changed my world with her grace and beauty...as you can tell, she means a lot to me...

I wish everyone the best in 2008, and remember, we live Life to learn from our experiences, not be drowned by them.

Dan

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:06 pm 

maninthestreet wrote:
scammer wrote:
I must say... u guys are lying about where u meet the girls so that u wont look stupid. The truth is u meet them in adult video chat rooms and not myspace, u pay them for shows, and then u act like victims.

Surely this would be pointless?
Why would anyone want to publicly admit to being scammed, it they didn't believe it to be the case themselves?

Surely is not a sin to be scammed. It's more of a leap of faith. I sincerely believe that expressing your faults is the bravest anyone can do... it's hard to accept being taken advantage of and everyone has been in some point of their lives....

Personally, I met a woman from Romania in a online chat room, not a very public or popular chat sight, meaning not very many people visit. My story is... I met this woman and have been chatting with her for nearly 3 months, since January off and on... she's a student and I can honestly say has her head on, intelligent and sincere. Yes, she asked me for money... she also asked for my home address, which I did not provide... I just keep changing the subject. A couple weeks later I asked for her address so I could send a gift to her for her birthday... but that never happened, I ended up sending her $300 USD; I see it being charitable not a loss. I asked for her phone number because Western Union required it along with her name... she would have needed to provide proof of her identity in oder to receive the monies, unless Western Union is part of the scam ring (I don't know if it's truely a scam or not, just a thought). So... I received an email from her thanking me and claiming she is very very glad she had met me, so yeah, I was very pleased to help.

So weeks go by and we email back off and on... no real concern about scams or being taken advantage of. Ok... so, just a week or two ago I receive an email regarding a serious injury, which happened to a dear friend, requesting money. I felt bad, but.... the hospital should be able to cope with the expenses and still treat their patients, as for what I know I could be wrong about that. That event would have cost 50 USD over the last amount I sent, so 350 USD.... since then I've been very cautious... ignored the email for a couple days and received an email from an alternate address (same domain) stating her email has been blocked for security reasons.... that brought up a red flag... Ok... so she was a very beautiful woman and I was kind of hoping to meet her when I visited Europe, but now... who knows what to think... I really don't have a emotional tie to this and I sympathize with those who have fell victim to something to this nature.... but you need to draw a line, no matter how desperate in love you are. I can relate, but not... I tend to be cautious, yet i'm very friendly and understanding towards a persons needs, but when it comes to excessive begging for money, I draw the line and there is no real relationship but for the need of that almighty dollar.

The initial 300 USD I sent... I'm not too worried about and feel very good, but if the money was part of a scam then I'm glad to warn other individuals. It's been nearly a week since I received an email from her, I just sent an email to follow up with her and point out my thoughts about the money thing and informed her I "could" report it to the Romanian authorities. Just have to see how that turns out... for now, I have no intentions on reporting this because I honestly do not believe I was being scammed. I guess, I'll have to wait to see on the reply and go from there.

It's sad to see people lower themselves to a dishonest living as scamming honest people just making an attempt to make a friend from another country. I believe in diversity and cultural harmony, we all live life the same way (live and die) and some whore life (millionaire capitalists). Karl Marx said it the best.... society would be better, equal pay and opportunity for everyone and help teach those who are gluttons of wealth. No... you do not need a 250,000 - 500,000 USD salary to be a surgeon or a lawyer, just to be helpful... if you want to be a Dr or Lawyer and are TRULY sincere about life then you should not care about the money. Everyone should be given the same wealth as everyone else, no matter where you live.

Post your thoughts...

Post subject: Re: BE VERY CAREFUL OF ANY ROMANIAN MAN
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 1:13 pm 

I would be very careful with any Romanian I came upon. I meet a Romanian man in Texas in 1996 and have a child with him. I did not marry this individual, but he is the biggest con artist. They seem to have this quality about lying, manipulation and only caring about themselves. This person is in his early sixties and acts the role of a 40 year old. For most part the Romanian men are gender nuts. This person has lived in California/now Texas and probably has been con-ing college act students and girls who work in retail to have gender with him. This is the type he preys on. He is very good looking, so these girls flock to him. He has been around Austin, Texas, San Diego, California and now Dallas, Plano, Texas. If you come upon him he will suck you in real good. I would hate see anyone else get hurt by him.

Post subject: Re: Romanian Dating Scams - Have you been burnt?
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 6:11 pm 

I want to empathize and say to everyone that has had this experience that I am really sorry, I am an attractive, woman fairly intelligent well educated and romanians are expert at manipulating, I traveled to Romania to see castles and to meet some friends I had made online in the way.
I thought after a pleasant experience to open a business there, once I did this, everyone got sick with cancer, and everyone needed money, I heard the stupides stories about how their many children were hurt, sick, anything they could come up with, something you might see is that Romanians are not very grateful, once you give them something they never just say thank you, they have seen you have fallen for it, and they will keep asking. Normally one person that wants to help others has been hurt so once they know how you have been hurt they will try to tell you that was their case too, soon they make stories that will appeal to you, they act to share your interests, this is their game, they will use their children, grandmothers, dogs, whatever it takes to con you, many of them do have money.
Many romanians wait until someone decent comes along and then they fleece him dry.
when a Romanian smiles I wonder how much is going to cost me, I signed legal contracts, they wrote later in front of it, trusting their laws and how little they get enforced.
Romanian women con their own men too by getting pregnant and with cheap manipulations they learn from latino soap operas which is the only thing thy watch, they are pretty only in the oustide. I remember one romanian man who told one of his female friends that he had met an american, me, she contacted me online not knowing I was a woman since my name does not explicitly say my gender, immediately she threw herself at me, I only wanted to speak well about my friend but she was focused on me. I laughed about the incident but it really tells you who they are, they will spend their children's money in revealing clothes and hairstylist and claim they are poor, I have never met such vain creatures in my life.
I could write you more about the horrible things I endured or the blackmail that was the result of all good I tried to do for romanians, all I found was excuses and base attitudes, I loved the poor homeless dogs that were cruelly abused by these people.
I left the country with many ideals and my heart broken, what can I tell you, those people prefer to scam than to work, and when you see some beautiful girls that tells you how terrible her life is, she probably spent all her money in slutty dresses and black or blond hairdye. Dentists and medical bills are very cheap there, and the state although poorly still takes care of them. So anyone who asks you for 1000 USD of medical bills or dentist bills or 100 for food is simply lying to you. School is very cheap and they have many programs to go there for little money.
Please be careful because once these people hurt you you might change, once you stop giving them money they will try to blackmail you or insult you where they know you have been hurt, they will use anything to steal, nothing to them is sacred.
I survived Romania, but please remember that beauty is only skin deep and these people are masters at their craft. I will write more details of anyone is interested, I want to prevent what happened to me from happening to someone else!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:04 am 

Midnightwolf,

Thanks very much for your sincere and genuine post, I am very grateful to you for sharing these things with everyone because TRUTH MATTERS, and no-one can change it. The experiences we have all had are important and need to be shared, even if it only helps one person, it's worth doing this. If I had seen what you had written when I fell for the scam, it would have saved me some money, but thankfully I escaped without being too badly burnt. When I first started this thread, I never dreamt there were so many others affected by Romanians as I had been.

So Thank You, for the kindness that is in your heart and remember Life is about growing from our experiences, learn from everything, the good and the bad, nothing is ever permanent, Now is what matters, the Past is History.

Dan

PS. One funny thing, when you mentioned how someone tried to scam you thinking you were a male, my scammer who I thought was a female was actually a man!!!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:54 am 

well after reading all of this i have become sad because it has happend to me as well not once but twice a few years ago
soon i will write both stories on what happend but i will like to say i was there in bucharest a few months ago there is actully good people there but yes some evil i never did see these girls when i was there but i actully do forgive them

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 164 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next