ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:08 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 7:54 am 

Notasrichguy - you should be getting a notice soon from the Department of Justice asking for you to complete a Victim Impact Statement that is officially submitted in the case against Larry Eisenberg.

Emdee - I'll try to post some of my wording tonight.

Post subject: Have you been in contact with Gloria?
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 1:57 pm 

Notasrichguy - You may need to let Mr. Cinnamo know if you can contact Prosterman. My contact was "Linda Stocker" but I have no faith that these are their real names anyway. They may all be one in the same. But, you should really be careful, in my opinion, if you are trying to contact them yourself. We know all the things they definitely are: liars, thieves, crooks, etc; who knows what else their resume holds....be very wary of any further contacts with any of them, please.

scottiegee - thanks for any info you can post! I'm going to try and get my statement in this weekend.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 2:49 am 

I'm sorry if this has been mentioned already but are you sure the investigator calling everyone isn't in on the whole scam to? I heard of scams where they do that to keep the victims from going to cops and nothing will ever get reported.

Post subject: Dear Dr Phil
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 11:13 am 

Who knows? They are crooks, thieves, and liars --- and probably many more unsavory things to boot. If they don't answer on this side of life, they will on the other and we'll just have to be content with that knowledge if your suggestion is true. I don't expect to get money back but hope to help others who might be looking into a similar transaction. So, even if it is them, at least this website is here for anyone who searches and can see that these gem auctions are a hoax and that those involved are dangerous.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:22 am 

Perhaps Mr. Cinnamo is involved with the scam - I have no way to verify if he is or isn't. But the paperwork sent from the Department of Justice is real - you can't open up a website like usdoj.gov and be a scam - the government would be all over you in a heartbeat. Larry Eisenberg will be tried on July 13th for his crimes - we can only hope that the LVZ crooks get pulled into the mix with him.

Post subject: Friday the 13th
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 12:18 pm 

It is kind of funny the trial date is on Friday the 13th. Fitting. I copied a sales agreement statement form LVZ's web site: 2. Lucas-Van Zenten guarantees that you receive precisely the gem described in the gemological report. I think this should bind LVZ too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 8:14 am 

Their website also says: All gemstone purchases from Lucas-Van Zenten are accompanied by accurate, scientific gemological laboratory certifications. Apparently "all" is not quite correct given Mr. Eisenberg's guilty plea.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 1:15 pm 

Regarding the idea that the investigator is part of the scam does not hold water to me.

I've received several letters, pamphlets, and forms by now from the US Postal Inspection Service and US Department of Justice regarding my involvement in this case. They are all legitimate documents as far as I can see.

It's Larry Eisenberg's sentencing that will be held on July 13, not the trial. Since his plea was guilty, there never was a trial.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 1:25 pm 

Just a reminder:

If you are in communication with Mr. Cinnamo on this case, you should have received a victim impact statement in the mail from the U.S. Dept. of Justice. Sending this report in will put more weight on the court's sentencing of the defendant. If you have not received an impact report, call Mr. Cinnamo at the number listed earlier in this thread. If you have received a report, please fill it out and send it to the appropriate person as soon as you can. The Dept. of Justice needs to have some time to compile our data for the sentencing on July 13.

If you have received the impact report in the mail as well as some other papers, they likely mentioned going to the U.S. Dept. of Justice website and read the indictment for the case. You will need the information in the papers to do so. The indictment gives all the description of the case--even some things that I forgot about or never knew!

I have to hand it to Mr. Cinnamo and Uncle Sam--they've been doing a great job on this case for us!

Post subject: Any news?
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 3:29 pm 

Has anyone heard any more news about Lucas Van-Zenten or the NY case?
Thanks!
emdee

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 11:04 am 

Have not heard anything more on the case. I'm sure we will get updates in two weeks after the sentencing.

One thing that may hurt us here is that LVZ is a Canadian company so they are outside the laws of the US and the US government going after some Canadians for the amount of money we're talking about probably isn't going to happen (unless someone on here is a billionaire, then our chances naturally get better).

Post subject: Update to Sentencing
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 6:29 pm 

The sentencing hearing for defendant(s), LARRY EISENBERG, has been set for August 21, 2007, 10:00 AM at CTRM 11B before Judge DENISE L. COTE

I received that info through an email from the Victim Notification System.

Post subject: another arrest?
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:45 pm 

On the Victim Notification System, the postal inspector is reporting another arrest in the case as of July 11. No other details about the arrest are given, including the name of the person. But the investigation apparently continues, which is great news.

Post subject: Great
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 11:29 am 

That's wonderful!! I hope that they get them all!! Thanks for posting that info.
emdee

Post subject: hearing?
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 3:07 am 

Does anyone have any news about the sentencing hearing that was scheduled to take place last week? I don't see any info on the Victim Notification website yet.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next