ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:02 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Some person in NY keeps getting phones in my name,
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 10:52 pm 

I filed two police reports, they say they will take care of :cry: it, then in a couple months I get another bill with a different address.
Not sure if they move alot or just keep passing my info around brookland.
Sure wish I could stop this.
Got a bill from Verizon today for $1200.00, I have a verizon phone in michigan, you think they would call me to see if I wanted a phone in NY.

:roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 12:10 am 

You need to put a fraud flag on all 3 credit bureau reports and alert Verizon and other carriers of this flag as well. This will make it so that the theif has to prove identity before being granted an account.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 7:03 am 
Somebody has your SS#, I would be willing to bet they are working under that number as well.

You need to get that "free credit report" that you are entitled to once a year. Just google it, you will find it. Take a close look at it, you are going to find some things there you are not responsible for...................

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 8:10 pm 

Found out several people in Fla, NY,NJ and Tenn have phones in my name

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 8:27 pm 

You need to contact each of those services and talk to the fraud departments, tell them that seeing those phones are in your name you want the service immediately disconnected and an investigation opened. If they resist threaten legal action. Let them know that you are notifying the State Attorney's office in each of those states and asking for assistance as well and will forward their name to the investigator with the appropriate state.

You want to come on knowledgable and stand firm or they will walk all over you.

Notify the IRS that someone has your SS# and you want them to check for w2's and w4's under your name.

Post subject: Identity Theft
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 12:56 pm 

Hi Just read your post.

Seems that the first thing you need to do is get hold of a copy your credit report. Check it to see who has registered credit against you.
If you have not arranged these credit agreements you need to talk to the agency involved straight away. The address for each agency you have agreements with should be at the back of the report.
If you can't understand the report, and its not always easy because it is covered in information and lots of numbers, you can always read my guide to reading your credit report.
The first stop if you think you have had your identity stolen is to get a copy of your credit history, this will tell you whats been going on and who to talk to.

Hope this helps.
Nick
http://www.creditreportadviser.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 12:07 pm 

I would also bet that this person has sold your good name to many others who are in turn marketing you to illegal aliens for work purposes, How many homes and cars do you own? How many medical bills are not yours truly? and how much more damage do you not know about.

By placing a fraud flag on all 3 bureaus they will send you a copy of your report for your review, look it over real good and dispute anything that is not yours. Your reason for the dispute is Identity Theft.

From there you contact each creditor that is owed under the theft and do so by certified mail return receipt, that you are an ID theft victim and you want an immediate investigation started into the debt in question.

So not forget to put in a police report as well.