ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:06 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: New with problem please help me! Please Please help me!
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 3:15 pm 

Hi, I truly feel very stupid. I was sent via email a job offering, all I needed
to do was become a book keeper for a company who had a problem cashing us money orders. My job was to recieve money orders from clients, cash them and western union them to someone. All I did was fill out the app, then yesterday I get a fedex package with 4 money orders each for $824.00, and instructions to split the money in half and western union to 2 different places.

Since my bank was closed at the time, I went to a check cashing place. They cashed the money orders, gave me the cash and off I went to the western union office. Sent off what i needed to send off.

I don't know why but something has been really bothering me about this, so I started searching and I found you guys. I am supposed to be getting more money orders from "clients" to do the same with.

What do I do now? I am so scared, am i going to get in trouble with the police? Am I going to get arrested? How do I make this better? Please someone help me. I have not been contact by the check cashing place about the money orders.

What can happen to me Please Please help me. I am mostly afraid of being arrested? Can this really happen, I really had no idea, I really felt this was a great way to make extra cash, (we are in the middle of an adoption from China, and I needed to make extra cash to help with the fees.

Please help me.

Thanks
Dawn

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 3:39 pm 
Have you tried contacting Western Union to see if the money has been picked up on the other end.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 9:51 pm 

The money orders have been picked up. PLEASE SOMEONE give me some kind of insite here, what will happen to me could i have problems with the law, even if i contact the check cashier and try to make a way to pay them back. Please does anyone know what could happen???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 11:48 am 
If you think the checks are bad you need to contact the check cashing store, they will be looking for you when the checks are returned.

Post subject: Please please answer this
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 11:42 pm 

I really appreciate the replays here, my thought is that I should contact them, but does anyone have an suggestions about the police. Do you think that I could get arrested for this, that is my one big worry. I mean I have to accept and swollow the fact that they got me, I was scammed, they got away with it and now I will have to pay for it. I am the one who is going to have to pay the check cashier the $2800.00 because I was dumb enough to not check it out, and sent it WU, so I have to swollow it and pay it back, I don't have it all now, do you think the check cashier will make a payment plan with me. Now I forgot to mention, this is the check casher place that I go every month to cash my own paychecks. And my real huge worry is do you think I will get in trouble with the police. Will they come after me??? Please answer me because I really feel like I am having anxiety attacks since this happened.

Thanks
Dawn

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 1:26 am 
I doubt they would have you arrested, they will be looking to get their money back.

Post subject: Re: Please please answer this
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 5:05 pm 
Site Admin/Co-Founder

myasmommy wrote:
And my real huge worry is do you think I will get in trouble with the police. Will they come after me??? Please answer me because I really feel like I am having anxiety attacks since this happened.

If YOU contact the police and the check cashing place I think that you will not have to worry as much about being arrested. You contacting them first (especially the police to file a police report) will show that you know that you have now found out that this is a scam and that you are not the one trying to scam the check cashing place. When you approach the check cashing place you could bring up that you are willing to pay the money back but you do not have it all right now, and then see if they are willing to work out a payment plan . . . if you go there all of the time to cash your paychecks then they might be willing to work with you to keep your business and just keep a portion from each check that you cash there.

But like I said, YOU contacting them first will show that you are honest and willing to work this out.

Share your story with the media and educate others about scams! Details here http://scamvictimsunited.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=6319
Sign our petition http://www.change.org/actions/view/crea ... s_programs
Follow our blog http://scamvictimsunited.wordpress.com/
Find us on Twitter, Facebook and more http://www.retaggr.com/page/ShawnMosch