ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:49 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: $50,000 for a phone call?
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 4:36 pm 

This guy is called Jim Walker and he promises that you'll get $50,000 for a phone call if you buy his system..he releases the 800 number that you call and then they release the funds....this is the website

http://www.massive-cash.com/

let me know what you think

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 5:09 pm 

Do I believe this??? No one is going to give $50,000 away to anyone who calls them, there's "always" a catch! If it seems too good to be true.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 10:56 pm 

if it sounds too good to be true IT IS!!!!!!!!! enough said.

It is a sham do not believe this guy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 12:18 pm 

wat and outright scam!

Post subject: Massive-cash.com
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:10 pm 

Has anyone actually used his system? How in the world does he show people how to make $50,000 from a phone call. Honestly I almost bought it because it seemed worth the $100 just to see what he was trying to pass off on people. LOL. I think this one is just a little too good to be true. But if anyone has used it an can honestly say it works I'd love to be proven wrong. I'd love to think that $50,000 was that easy to get.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 2:27 am 

I came across that massive-cash website and read over it literally 50 times before ordering...reading and re-reading making sure I didn't miss one word.

I ordered last Tuesday...when you click order at the bottom, it will take you to paypal and the user that you pay is lwardell@tmail.com which is registered as a Verified Business with paypal. After I ordered, a few hours later I got the following email:

"We have reveived your order an will ship your package out tomorrow. You
should reveive it with in 2-3 business days.

--lwardell"

I replied and told them to notify me when they shipped my package but they didn't. I also asked them Saturday and then again today (Monday) to give me a confirmation that my package was sent. Afterall, he said it would ship last Wednesday and that would've put it here by now.

I'm not too worried about the bonuses....although the ATM fax machine sounded pretty nice. But if I'm making $50,000 off of a phone call, why would I need it?

There are several things I noticed though....one being "lwardell"....when I got that email, it said it was from a guy named Lorenzo Wardell. And the business that is listed on that paypal account is GLS Marketing. Now...I took a look at the GLS Marketing website and I have to say...it's not too professional. Do a search and I'm sure you will find it easily. It seems to be a third party that solicits video tapes and recordings for other businesses...but I'm not 100% sure.

Another thing that I paid close attention to is the name "Jim Walker"....why does it say in the testimonial from "The California News Tribune" the name "JEFF Walker"??? And why can't I find a website or anything for The California News Tribune? Is it made up?

Another thing....look at the top of the page....the very top. It says "Contact Us" and then to the right it says "Ready to Order? Click Here!"...now, when you click on that link, it takes you to an order page for firesaleprofits.com Take a look at firesaleprofits.com....it is A LOT like the massive-cash website. Quite a few things are EXACTLY the same. Check out the quote that is supposedly by "Jim Walker" at the top:

"This is not like anything else you've ever heard of. No one else knows how to hold a fire sale like this, but I'm convinced I can teach you everything you need to know in only 90 minutes."

Now check out the firesaleprofits website....the EXACT same phrase can be seen there at the top. Also, some of the paragraphs are written almost the exact same on both websites....coincidence? No...not at all.

But needless to say, I ordered anyways. I figured "why not?" I'm covered by Paypal....so if the information never comes, I get my money back. Why would they run a website like that if they weren't going to send the information out? Beats me.

Sure....it SOUNDS too good to be true, but some of it DOES make sense. You can get government grants that never have to be paid back...thousands of dollars. He says it's not a grant, but it could be similar. I doubt you will get $50,000 from EACH of the 30 phone numbers but who knows. The idea is farfetched, but afterall he does "promise" and "guarantee" you'll make the money.

All in all....$97 to find out if I can make $50,000....not too much of a risk. $97 to find out it's a scam...not too much of a risk. I have paypal backing me up anyways. But we will see. If it's not here tomorrow, I will be contacting paypal because it would have been a week since I ordered and no answer from them.

Oh yea....and the "support@massive-cash.com" doesn't work. Well....at least, they don't respond to it. Go figure.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 8:56 am 

Keep us posted on how it turns out. Good luck!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 1:01 pm 

Will do. I just contacted paypal and opened a dispute....maybe they will finally give me some answers. If not, I guess I'll be getting my refund. We will see.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 11:57 pm 

Figured I'd give a little update. Today "lwardell" provided a tracking number to paypal. My dispute is still open for "item not received". The tracking number is for USPS and here is the info that comes up on the number:

Your item was accepted at 3:04 pm on October 31, 2006 in BARTOW, FL 33830. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later.

Now...it was shipped YESTERDAY, when they told me it would ship "tomorrow" which would have been LAST Wednesday. That would've put it here in 2-3 days like they said. So...I'm expecting it here tomorrow or Friday.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 10:41 pm 

Hmmm....I just got a priority mail envelope in the mail today from

GLS Marketing
P.O. Box 555
Bartow, FL

Inside the envelope there were 3 papers. Two of which were instructions that told me there was an application inside, fill it out and send it back to them. After I send it back, it will take 6-8 weeks to process and get my pre-approved authorization number. Once it's processed, I receive the letter with my number on it and I get the list of phone numbers. It then says "it's worth the wait, trust me." It also told me that once I get the phone numbers, I can call each of them to receive at least $50,000 from each of them every month. Also states there are two ways to have the money released. Wire transfer or check.

Well, the application it has inside asks for my name, address, social, DOB, phone number, and amount of money I'm requesting. I filled it out...simple application. Put $50,000 for the amount requesting....not sure what that's about. I'm pretty sure I can put any amount in there...millions of dollars. After reading their website, it seems like I can request a million dollars but I might not get it...I'll get "at least $50,000" as they say.

Only thing is...the return address on the application is a little different than what was on the envelope. But they said to mail it back to the address on the envelope, which is as follows:

ETC Enterprises
P.O. Box 555
Bartow, FL

I can't find anything about ETC Enterprises in Bartow Florida. Can't find anything about GLS Marketing in Bartow Florida. But I'm going to send back the application in the morning and get all of this underway.

When they provided the tracking number to paypal, they included the message "We are in no way a scam website" at the end of their statement...because I had said I thought they were a scam. We will see what happens....I guess 6-8 weeks, but hopefully sooner. I doubt I'll ever see an authorization number or anything, but who knows.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 12:53 pm 
Site Admin/Co-Founder

jdlowe wrote:
Well, the application it has inside asks for my name, address, social, DOB, phone number, and amount of money I'm requesting.

I hope that you did not mail this back yet . . . this is the kind of info that someone could use to steal your identity

Quote:
"We are in no way a scam website"

odd . . . seems like a legit site would not have to tell people that they are legit :?

Share your story with the media and educate others about scams! Details here http://scamvictimsunited.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=6319
Sign our petition http://www.change.org/actions/view/crea ... s_programs
Follow our blog http://scamvictimsunited.wordpress.com/
Find us on Twitter, Facebook and more http://www.retaggr.com/page/ShawnMosch

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 5:24 pm 

I didn't send it back yet. I was thinking about it...

I have thought about the identity theft. The thing is - I have their website, address, email they're using, etc. So if anything did happen, I can find them....hopefully. They are using a PO box...meaning, their info is on file and I can get the authorities involved if anything happens.

Also, the only reason they said they weren't a scam website is because I stated I thought they were.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 6:46 pm 
jdlowe wrote:
I didn't send it back yet. I was thinking about it...

I have thought about the identity theft. The thing is - I have their website, address, email they're using, etc. So if anything did happen, I can find them....hopefully. They are using a PO box...meaning, their info is on file and I can get the authorities involved if anything happens.

Also, the only reason they said they weren't a scam website is because I stated I thought they were.

Everything you just listed is disposable, are they using a free email address like yahoo.com?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 6:59 pm 

I'm not sure if it is a free email, but the one they use is lwardell@tmail.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 7:09 pm 

As I said, the email name shows up as Lorenzo Wardell. The envelope came from Bartow, Florida...zipcode 33831.

I did a search for Lorenzo Wardell in Bartow:

Other searches come up...all with the same name in Bartow. I have to pay to get the address though.