ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:47 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Heron Asset Management - Advance fee
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 4:33 pm 

I have had 4 calls about some shares i purchased several years ago through a boiler room in Thailand - the company was NetCommerce Inc.

I sold the shares not long after purchasing them, and had told the previous callers this.

Yesterday, i allowed the call to continue, and have been sent agreements to sell my shares - the catch being a Legend Removal Fee of 1.03 per share for a total of 22,660.

Having looked at this site on the web, and smelling a Rat, i thought i would post this here and ask if anyone has seen the same.

Regards,

The email is below.

As discussed, please see the attached EQUITIES PURCHASE AGREEMENT to be signed and returned either by fax or by e-mail.
Should you need any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me anytime.

Regards,

George Berkley
Senior Vice President of Accounts
Heron Asset Management
george.berkley@heronassetmgmt.com

United States Office
3512 Rockville Rd
Indianapolis, IN
46222 - 5917
Telephone: +1 (317) 522-4936
Fax: +1 (317) 536-3918
contact@heronassetmgmt.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 2:04 am 

My husband has also been chased by these people (same address as indicated in previous post) re. Netcommerce shares. They have now faxed through an equities purchase agreement asking for $14,400 for "Legend Removal Fee" (whatever that is) and offering $144,721.20 for the shares.

Yeah, right...

They do have a website but it looks very dodgy. The date on the bottom of the home page is 1996 - who had a webpage and hasn't updated it since 1996? I guess the only reason they have that date there is to make it look as if they've been around for 10 years. :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 2:20 am 

Further to my last post, I did a "who is" search on the website and found it was created on 24 July 2006. Gee, they've only been around for about 3 months! What does that tell us?

Contact names on the fax we received are Audrey Morgane as the sender and Mr David Baxter, Managing Director, whose signature is on the agreement itself.

Post subject: Part two on Heron Asset Management.
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 2:21 am 

I sent a reply email asking
- do I have to pay the money up front
- where would it be paid
- what sort of guarantee did I have the money would be refunded.

Got a phone call the next day while I was in I meeting, I asked him to reply to the email. Response was I have a lot of transactions to close so I won’t have time to reply.

Got another call on Friday, he said they had got an institutional investor to release 51% so the takeover was complete and they would not need my shares.

So I sent reply email telling them what wonderful people I thought they were and said I had posted information about them on this web site.

So if you are still getting calls – know for sure that it’s a scam

Cheers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 5:48 pm 

My latest episode in a 6 year saga with a dodgy stock called ozolutions has resulted with a call, fax and email from a John Smithfield from Heron today.

I've had numerous approaches previously over my mistake including;

a. 2004 Salem Asset Management offered a similar deal, but couldn't decide on which city they were in;

b. 2006 somebody in Brussels suggesting some sort of class action that I never heard of again;

c. 2004 someone in Europe who I think might have been related to Salem.

I reported Salem to the SEC in 2004 just because I thought it would be a nice thing to do. I don't hold any hope that they would do anything, but...

It is strange how charming and understanding of my plight these people seem. I wonder how they can sleep at night.

Axle

Post subject: Heron Asset Management - Advance Fee fraud
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 10:37 pm 

I have just looked into a similar deal offered by Heron Asset Management where the client was offered US$126 133.00 for 10 000 CITA BIOMEDICAL shares. He had to pay a "Restriction Fee" of $1.03 per share or $10300.00.
Fortunately it was discovered that they reconstructed (one for 25) to 400 XINO CORP shares. (Code XNCP)
The offer was signed on this occasion by a Mr David Baxter - Managing Director.
It must be a scam as the shares trade at 5cUS on the US OTC market at present so why would Mr Baxter pay my client US$126 133.00 for shares that can be bought for $20.00 !!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 10:02 am 

I too have been contacted by heron asset management about my cita biomedical shares.the legend removal fee is us$5500.00. What is the go with this.

Post subject: DTOX-ing
    PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 6:22 pm 

yep I have also rec'd repeated persistent calls from o'seas from a Scottish accented or similar ..john smithfield from Heron asset mgmt [US based ??]
    All the same MOs
    - shares discussed seemed to have grown in number from original purchase [thanks I guess 2x zero$ STILL = zero$s]
    - they are 'restricted' which 'needs' to be lifted, but that fee is refundable
    - of course.."...we need to move quickly..before miraculous offer times out !!
    - ...did you receive our official literature..no..never in all these yearly offers [from cold callers] of 'help', ..."..I can't send it now..but if you agree [now] I'll get our legal dept [probably other half of the desk] to send you our contracts...
    - our legal department can help you thru all steps in this transaction
    - a waffley contract has been emailed and needs to be returned in 24 hours
    - once 51% has been achieved offer closers..."we're nearly there..so blah blah...another 15 mins of rhetoric !!!
    - just wait...Herron Asset Mgmt...I think I get it now
    - ..."...now look don't bother me with the refundable fee..take it diirectly out of the proceeds of the "sale' and just send me the balance to my acoount ..I really really look forward to my $100K USD ...Oh it doesn't work like that !! damn you seemed like such a helpful guy...I guess I'll just wait another 6 months to receive my next cold call of help !!!..hmmpphh

I checked their name on "NASD BrokerCheck"
    http://pdpi6.nasdr.com/pdpi/firm_search_frame.asp

they are not listed as a US broker, I rang their number and got a corny answer machine, viewed their site..very light on detail/specifics etc

- perhaps the only people making money here is the TP company they call on/from
    - Thanks to this site for being here..SO..
    What is the go with DETOX/Cita Biomedical, does anyone know the facts, now..I still track their shares ..altho they have changed names etc several times..due to buy outs etc

Thanks again for being here.

regards :twisted: