ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:22 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 223 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 15  Next
 Post subject: check
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 2:38 pm 

:? i just recieved this letter in the mail postmarked from canada and i opened it up and inside was a check with a letter say i had won some sort of sweepstakes. Well the check is for 2975$ and it said must deposit into bank for processing fees and taxes. Well ive been reading bout the others that got this letter and their check but the check i recieved was a lil bit higher than theirs. i also did a trace on the number and it traced to Halifax, NS" ( Nova Scotia), so what should i do. My husband called the number and he could barely hear the guy supposedly ( jack dempsey) so he said he would call back later but now im reading bout all this so i told my husband its fake. i thought we had some good luck for a chance. guess not now im pissed. :evil: Can someone give me some answers on what to do. plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Post subject: check
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 2:44 pm 

:oops: sorry the name on the letter is omega lotto e-payment inc. P.O. Box 68112 , St Tomas virgin Island 00802 name of the supposed guy is jack dempsey phone number is 1-902-412-8802 ty

Post subject: My daughter received a check today from Merchant Processing
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 8:18 pm 

My 20 yr old daughter received a check for $2,962.30 along with a letter from Merchant Processing Group today in the mail. Supposedly, she had won $50,000 USD. Her "claims agent" is Melissa Freeman at 902-412-0310. The letterhead said Virgin Islands but this area code is for Novia Scotia, Canada. The letter was signed "Dr. Jennifer White". The check was from "North American Title Company" located in Maitland, Florida. The address on the check was the correct address for the title company but the phone # listed on the check is 519-991-6153 with is located in Ontario, Canada. We called both numbers and gave the people a hard time. Both had heavy acents that were difficult to understand. Of course, we don't plan on depositing this check. What should we do with it? I plan on contacting North American Title Company and letting them know about this check we received. It seems like this company would have some legal issues with these scammers since they are using their company name, logo, etc. Is there anything else we can do to help stop this?

Post subject: Re: My daughter received a check today from Merchant Process
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 9:07 pm 
mjhock63 wrote:
My 20 yr old daughter received a check for $2,962.30 along with a letter from Merchant Processing Group today in the mail. Supposedly, she had won $50,000 USD. Her "claims agent" is Melissa Freeman at 902-412-0310. The letterhead said Virgin Islands but this area code is for Novia Scotia, Canada. The letter was signed "Dr. Jennifer White". The check was from "North American Title Company" located in Maitland, Florida. The address on the check was the correct address for the title company but the phone # listed on the check is 519-991-6153 with is located in Ontario, Canada. We called both numbers and gave the people a hard time. Both had heavy acents that were difficult to understand. Of course, we don't plan on depositing this check. What should we do with it? I plan on contacting North American Title Company and letting them know about this check we received. It seems like this company would have some legal issues with these scammers since they are using their company name, logo, etc. Is there anything else we can do to help stop this?

This type of thing is hard to stop, what we are looking to do here is inform people. Thanks for your input, everybody who posts here about this is making a decisive stand against this type of fraud.

God Bless you all, you are making a difference...............

Post subject: omega lotto e-payment inc.
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 1:42 pm 

I got a similar letter today. Here's the info:
It says I won $50,000 in unclaimed prize money. Included in the envelope was a check for $2975.00. The Omega Lotto E-Payment Inc. company letter head says it's based out of St. Thomas (PO Box 68112, St. Thomas, Virgin Island 00802), but according to the envelope it came in, the letter was sent from Canada...it looks like Montreal. The bank on the check is Layfette Bank and Trust, and appears to be real. I thought this sounded too good to be true, and of course, it is, but these people need to be stopped.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 2:44 pm 
more information keeps flowing in..................

thanks

Post subject: Lotto Scam
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 7:41 pm 

I called my bank after I had deposited my check into my savings account. After I read all these posts I realized that I too was part of these idiots scam. I sat online for 3 hrs the other night reading each & every one of your posts. I must say this has been a real help knowing what to do & what these companies are up to. The next morning I called my bank. I let them know that I had deposited this check in the amt of $2998.50 into my savings account. They told me they would not deposit this check & that I could come pick the check up. After I picked the check up from the bank I called the company that the check was written from. One of the employees from the company stated they were in Wichita Kansas. She said that she has received several phone calls this week from people questioning the authenticity of the checks. She asked me to fax the a copy of the check & the letter I received to her office. She stated there is a large investigation going on right now. She called the phone number that is listed on my letter I received. She was asking them a bunch of questions about their company & they hung up on her. The bank teller at my bank said another bank customer was questioning a check she had received in the mail. The bank teller told her it was a scam. I think all banks throughout the whole US needs to take copies of these checks & post them at each teller stations & let customers know not to deposit these checks. Something has to be done to stop these people.

Post subject: Re: Lotto Scam
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 5:38 pm 
Site Admin/Co-Founder

DChavez wrote:
The bank teller at my bank said another bank customer was questioning a check she had received in the mail. The bank teller told her it was a scam. I think all banks throughout the whole US needs to take copies of these checks & post them at each teller stations & let customers know not to deposit these checks. Something has to be done to stop these people.

That is great that the bank teller was able to spot and stop another one of these checks. I agree with you, more attention needs to be brought to these scams. The best way to save people from being victims is to educate them on these scams. (I wish we could get a public service announcement out there!)

Share your story with the media and educate others about scams! Details here http://scamvictimsunited.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=6319
Sign our petition http://www.change.org/actions/view/crea ... s_programs
Follow our blog http://scamvictimsunited.wordpress.com/
Find us on Twitter, Facebook and more http://www.retaggr.com/page/ShawnMosch

Post subject: Thank God this site exists
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 3:31 pm 

I got a letter today from the "IMPERIAL LOTTO MANAGEMENT INC." saying that I won 60,000USD that contained an inclosed check in the amount of $2,984.44, basically all of the same info everyone else has posted, my claims agents' name is Jennie Martins and I got some crazy feeling that it was a scam, thank got sites like this exist or I probably would have been scammed like plenty of other people. Said I was picked through a ballot system on October 5,2006 so BEWARE!!!also pay attention to the "Promotions Manager" signature on the bottoms of your letter, my managers last name happened to be suspiciously similar to my own last name. be careful. just to post where i am from I live in New Jersey so this crap is everywhere

Post subject: Re: Thank God this site exists
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 11:42 am 
Site Admin/Co-Founder

scamvicnj07094 wrote:
I got some crazy feeling that it was a scam, thank got sites like this exist or I probably would have been scammed like plenty of other people.

When I hear a story like yours it makes me glad that we started this site 4 years ago after we became scam victims . . . it is the best revenge on the scammers out there to help keep others from becoming victims!

Share your story with the media and educate others about scams! Details here http://scamvictimsunited.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=6319
Sign our petition http://www.change.org/actions/view/crea ... s_programs
Follow our blog http://scamvictimsunited.wordpress.com/
Find us on Twitter, Facebook and more http://www.retaggr.com/page/ShawnMosch

Post subject: Global Proc. Center
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 12:48 pm 

I just recieved a check for 2962.30. The bank says JP Morgan Chase. They really made it look good! I called myclaim agent, Megan Green T 902-412-9155. Now I'm scared that they could do something with my phone number...now that's being paranoid! I just think this is horrible!! We have four boy's under the age of 8 yrs. Obviously there are a lot of people who just don't care.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 10:18 am 

I just got the same exact letter and check... glad I checked it out thanks guys! My letter was from Global Processing Group. My contact person was Andrea Cohen at 1-902-412-3066. My check is for $2962.30. It is salmon colored and is from JPMorgan Chase Bank. What made me look twice was that the check says NC the envelope is stamped Canada and the letter says the Virgin Islands! I am in Ohio and after talking to my family a cousin across town got the same letter and check. She deposited her's though into her savings account and the money was taken out.. plus some of her money! So once again thanks for having this forum. I will be taking my check and letter to the local police department

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 3:36 am 

Today I've got those "congratulations" as well! And all information is absolutely the same as the previous person pointed out. I've read everything here about this item and wanted to add some things. For begining, comparing my letter with the one posted earlier, it looks like these scammers studied from their experience because now they ask you to "keep this winning as confidential as possible to avoid false claims and double winners until you claim your prize money". Also they give you less time asking to "respond fast so as not to miss the deadline (in my letter from Oct. 24th that is Nov. 8th), unclaimed prizes will be returned to charities and re-entrance for the next draw after this day". And as usual "Yours Truly", Larry Johnson Prize Director.
Global Processing Group, envelope "From anywhere to anyone", Canadian stamp - all the same!
The most sad thing is that some people first of all go to cash or deposit the check and only after that they look for some information at the Internet...
Here is my NOT-happy check:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 3:22 pm 

:) Hi there...I got my check today, and I am so glad I found this....My ck is for $2962.30 from Global Processing Group, the accredited agent is Melissa Freeman of United Kingdom Random Lotto....It doesn't say the check has to be deposited though....I thought about just cashing it, but I guess that wouldn't work out either....The envelop has canada postage, no return address. the check is from:
Chemetall Foote Corp.
348 Holday Inn Drive
Kings Mountain, NC 28086
519-751-5208

The bank is Bank One (which by the way is now Chase, so I know it's a legit bank....here's ck #'s on bottom
106645 044115443 693191967
It's dated 10/24/06
And has 2 signatures which are hard to see what they are...I can kinda make out the first to be Ronald A. Freeman or something very similar.
the # it has for melissa freeman is 1-902-412-3159
I haven't called it...I'm not sure where its to and I don't want international long distance calls to be billed...
Oh, I almost forgot...the add under Global Processing Group letterhead is 2960 Scott Street, PO Box 5440 St Thomas Virgin Islands 00906-1440
I couldn't find anything with the BBB either...
What can I do with the check? What authorities can I give it to that will actually do something?
Thanks to anyone who responds!
Maria

Post subject: Global Processing Group and Y.U.S. Financial Services
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 3:46 pm 

Hello, and thank you for having this website. I received the exact same letter, however my "accredited agent of United Kingdom Random Lotto" was Melissa Freeman, letter was signed by the infamous Larry Johnson. Everything else the same, including amount of check. The check was drawn on JPMorgan Chase Bank in Columbus OH. I called the bank, they said account was already flagged, destroy the check. I called the FBI, (http://www.ic3.gov) and the postal inspections office. The company name on the check was CHEMETALL FOOTE CORP in King's Mountain NC. Mailed from Canada, company from Virgin Islands, check from OHIO bank on an account out of North Carolina for lottery winnings in the United Kingdom....I did the math and it just didn't add up. When I googled the company name your site popped up first.

So as well as commisserating I also will tell you that this is the second such letter I've received in the last 10 days. The first told me I'd won $100,000 and the check was for $4,850. Mailed from Canada, Y.U.S. Financial Services Management and Payment Center 3000 King's Avenue East, Niagara Falls Ontario phone 905.781.2737. This check was drawn on Fleet Bank, Scranton PA, signed Regina Moore and John Leroy. The letter was very obviously a word doc with a clip-art letterhead. I googled Fleet Bank and discovered that it had been bought out by Bof A.

I did not cash either check, I did not deposit. Thank you for your website. The more people know, the less effective these things are.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 223 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 15  Next