ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 3:22 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Fake MoneyGram/Western U confirmation E-mail
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 12:15 am 

Didn't fall for this since I suspect everyone out of Nigeria (who wouldn't after seeing the SVU website) is a fraud, but here's the E-mail I got. It's pretty hilarious. He also included some .jpg's and .gif's to give it the Moneygram look-all copped from the legit website of course...I've complained to the website from which it's originated.

MoneyGram hereby congratulate you and at the same time informing you once again that the MoneyGram® ExpressPaymentSM sent to you from our client's (Mr. Balleries James) has been Approved.
® Money Gram US$190 .00

Auction Item : PLAYSTATION 2 ,w/ 2nd controller, +8MB Mem. card, & 6 games
Auction Site: http://www.craigslist.org
Order Number : #***8181444019***
PLEASE VERIFY THE ADDRESS AS ENTERED BY THE BUYER FOR THE DELIVERY OF THE MONEY:
My name and a slightly fictitious address

Email : my email@yahoo.com

Shipment Information Delivery Address

Dotun James
2 Kadiri Street Off Oniwaya Rd
Agege
Iagos
Nigeria
Email : scottbally04@yahoo.com

package of the money

money package tracking number
RI458919892GB
you can check there to confirm the delivery of the money by shipment courier service
http://www.royalmail.com/portal/rm/trac ... gear=track

This order has been approved, and will be send to the Seller's address in 1-2 business days depend on the location of your address.You CAN NOW send the items to the buyer. Moreover the above ®Order Number will be ask before delivering the ®Money , you will also identify yourself with your ®driving licence or your ®Social security number.

N.B.
NOTE THAT THE MONEY WILL NOT GET TO YOUR RESIDENT UNTIL THE SHIPMENT TRACKING NUMBER IS SENT TO US FOR SHIPMENT VERIFICATION.

And if you have any questions, feel free to contact our customer care service at, (m_g_order confirmation2@consultant.com )

Thank you for using MoneyGram®ExpressPaymentSM . We look forward serving your Online Money Gram needs in the future.

Sincerely,
MoneyGram International

Auction site authorised register

Use MoneyGram® ExpressPaymentSM to pay for items on eBay, Craigslist, CNet, MSN Auctions, Yahoo and others. Customer Service Center for all customer inquiries and transaction approvals is available from 6:00 a.m. to 12:00 a.m. (midnight) Central Time

Post subject: Western Union Via Ebay Scam
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 1:32 pm 
Im so stupid! but how was I supposed to know it was a scam. I was so excited, I was going to get a new motorcycle. I received this email after I lost the auction.

> From: aw-confirm <ebay@second-chance-payment.com>
> Date: Wed Apr 27, 2005 12:40:00 PM US/Pacific
> To: greywood@earthlink.net
> Subject: Second Chance Offer-Payment request - Other Makes : Red Horse

> Mustang Item number: 4543903852
Dear greywood31hl,

Thank you for your purchase. The total for your item below is US $10,100.00

Other Makes : Red Horse Mustang

Your Price :
US $10,100.00
Date : Apr-27-05

Seller address:Seconddeal99@aol.com

eBay Second Chance Offer

The seller Almos Halasz issued the Second Chance Offer on the above mentioned item, as the high bidder was either unable to complete the transaction, a Reserve Price is not met, or the seller has a duplicate item for sale.

Please send payment for your eBay purchase
Pay using Money order online via Western Union Auction Payments in association with eBay Inc.

You should send payment to:

F/L name: Almos Halasz

Address: 1122 N State St

City: Chicago,IL Country:USA

Zip: 60610

Click the "Pay Now" button below, to find a local Western Union agency where you should go and transfer the funds from.

I paid it and now have lost all the money I have and the motorcycle I was supoposed to ride to my new job. I don't know what to do.

Post subject: je viens de recevoir ce genre de mail
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 12:12 pm 
:twisted: faint! i just receive this kind of mail;
fraud? merde ! :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 7:41 pm 

Yes Fraud Run Dont Walk away from these types of emails. Remember if it sounds too good to be true IT IS!

Post subject: Western Union MoneyGram
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 8:18 am 
This same scam happened to me, only they wanted to merchandise to ship to Indonesia.

Fortunately, I was smart enough to google the tracking number and this web site popped up. Thank you!

Dustin
Ontario

Post subject: Scam from Balleries James
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 8:51 am 
Thank you for posting the scam information from Balleries James- the individual that sends you a fake confirmation e-mail from Bidpay/western union in order to get you to send him/her your sale item. We posted an item on Craig's list and received an e-mail from this person- he also used the name Leo Mac and address: leomac119@yahoo.com. I've sent e-mails to Craig's list, bidpay, yahoo and a goverment website re: fraud regarding this individual.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 7:40 pm 

Keep reporting them annoy the hell out of these services.

Post subject: I almost got suckered for that too
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 3:00 pm 
Here- there's a wesbite that I'm reporting mine too (i had the same email thing)

http://ifccfbi.gov

Post subject: Fake MoneyGram/Western U confirmation E-mail...VICTIM!!!!
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 7:40 am 

O god I was so stupid in believing this so called Reverend James Smith whos has a parish in Brussel! However it is too late as I have send the phone tthat I sold to him o the address he mention! And now I have to wait on the local authorities in order to track my package! I I was waiting for my money....than I went to check this thing well I realized it's a big fake!!!! People be carefull!

| | | Inbox

ATTENTION: JANINE J GEERMAN,

MoneyGram here by congratulate you and at the same time informing you once again that the MoneyGram® ExpressPaymentSM sent to you from our client (REV JAMES SMITH ) has been Approved.Money Gram ®: 140 EURO(€.140.00)

Auction Item :LEUKE LG C1100
YOUR INFORMATION
J J Grman

NETHERLAND
EMAIL:jjeannay@hotmail.com

NOTE : THE SHIPPER PREFERS FEDEX OR ROYAL MAIL COUIRER SERVICE FOR SHIPMENT

Money Package tracking number
--------------------------
RI458919892GB
--------------------------

You can check there to confirm the delivery of the money by shipment courier service

This order has been approved, and will be sent to the Seller's address in 3-5 business days.You can now send the items to the buyer. Moreover the above ®Order Number will be ask before delivering the ®Money , you will also identify yourself with your driving licence or your Social security number.

N.B.
NOTE THAT THE MONEY WILL NOT GET TO YOUR RESIDENT UNTIL THE SHIPMENT TRACKING NUMBER IS SENT TO US FOR SHIPMENT VERIFICATION.WE WILL ACTIVATE YOUR TRACKING NUMBER FOR THE SHIPMENT OF THE MONEYORDER THROUGH ROYAL MAIL AS SOON AS YOU SUPPLY THE TRACKING NUMBER.

And if you have any questions, feel free to contact the accountant incharge via customer_moneygram@financesource.com

Thank you for using MoneyGram® ExpressPaymentSM . We look forward serving your Online Money Gram needs in the future.

Sincerely,
Money Gram International

Auction site authorised register

Use MoneyGram® ExpressPaymentSM to pay for items on eBay, Amazon, CNet, MSN Auctions, Yahoo and others. Customer Service Center for all customer inquiries and transaction approvals is available from 6:00 a.m. to 12:00 a.m. (midnight) Central Time

This is so terrible!!! :cry:

Post subject: Do not DO BUSINESS with this person.
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 5:15 pm 

Kewelsmith@gmail.com

Rasheed Bankhole
Rasheed Venture
BLK 383 flat 2 Abesan Estate
Ipaja, Lagos
NIGERIA

Yes I was an idiot I should have checked up more. This individual sent me the fake email as well - I found out about it after I sent the package so I forwarded the email to moneygram and then I contacted Fedex to tell them to stop shipment. They said they would but it didnt get stopped and the package got shipped anyways. I have reported the fraud, but I doubt there is anything else I can do. I wish that I could sue Fedex for not stopping the shipment like I requested. :evil:

Post subject: MoneyGram **(Payment Order Approved and Confirmed)**
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 4:40 pm 

Hi,
I think I may have been a victim of some scam, this the email I recieved:
It had all the logos etc. :

Dear KEVIN,

MoneyGram hereby congratulate you and at the same time informing you once again that the MoneyGram® ExpressPaymentSM sent to you from our client (Mrs Cynthia) has been Approved.
® Money Gram 35.00€

Items :USED Nokia 3410

Package of the money

Money Package Reference Number #
you will be given the reference after shipment verification is done.
Check here to confirm the delivery of the money by shipment courier service

This order has been approved, and will be send to the Seller's address in 3-5 business days.You CAN NOW send the items to the buyer.The Payment Order would not be sent to your residence untill the WayBill Number(Tracking Number) is mailed to us in order to verify that the merchandise reaches the correct reciever. Moreover the above®Order Number will be ask before delivering the ®Money , you will also identify yourself with your ®driving licence or your ®Social security number.

Please Confirm your Address if Entered Correctly By your Buyer,

FULL NAME: Kevin Martin
ADDRESS: my address
CITY: Co. Galway
ZIP CODE:

Here is the delivery address as put down by
Mrs Cynthia:

Name:ANTHONY LEES (Receiver's Name)

Address:5,pollit close,Manchester

City:Manchester

zipcode:M125EA

site authorised register

Use MoneyGram® ExpressPaymentSM to pay for items on eBay, Amazon, CNet, MSN Auctions, Yahoo and others. Customer Service Center for all customer inquiries and transaction approvals is available from 6:00 a.m. to 12:00 a.m. (midnight) Central Time.

If You Have any Question,Do Not Hesitate to Email us at:moneygram_paymentmtcn@financesource.com

Thank you for using MoneyGram®ExpressPaymentSM . We look forward serving your Online Money Gram needs in the future.

Sincerely,
Money Gram International

site authorised register

Use MoneyGram® ExpressPaymentSM to pay for items on eBay,Alibaba, Amazon, CNet, MSN Auctions, Yahoo and others. Customer Service Center for all customer inquiries and transaction approvals is available from 6:00 a.m. to 12:00 a.m. (midnight) Central Time

------
Is this a scam?
If it is I'm afraid I falled for it and I have sent the item to him.
Do you know if there is any way of stopping a package and getting it returned to me. In the Track&Trace, it has said that it attempted delivery but the Addressee was gone away.

Please help me ASAP.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 11:35 pm 

You are not stupid! I want you to erase those words from your mind and your mouth. You got ripped off by someone with a very believable story and that is that. Now you have to concentrate on the damage control, that is utmost important, in the future just remember one thing.... If it is too true to believe it is most likely a scam, if your heart is uneasy ask questions before acting on an offer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 2:16 pm 

Thanks for your reply.
The thing is that I asked a good lot of questions because I wanted to be sure and I got a convincing reply to them all from the same email address. But hey, you have to learn from your mistakes.

Hey do you know is there anyway of stopping a package, because I have only sent it a couple of days and delivery was attempted but the Addressee was gone away. (I know from the Track&Trace) It would be something if I could get that package back.

Also, is there any way of reporting this type of thing to MoneyGram to someone else???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 2:52 pm 

what service did you use? you can try to do a package retrieval tell them that you got scammed and want to stop the shipment to the scammer and have the package returned to you.

FEDEX and UPS sometimes will do this for a customer if you can prove with receipt that you sent the package.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 3:45 pm 

Hi,
I used AnPost - Ireland's Postal Service http://www.anpost.ie ,
What do you think are my chances of getting the package back?

Thanks.

Regards.
http://www.westmart.4t.com