ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 2:25 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 5:34 pm 

Call them with the tracking number and ask them if they can stop the package in transit and reroute it back to you, explain that you have proof that you are the shipper.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 4:16 am 

Great news!
I have contacted the post service and they are goin to send it back to me.
So I'm happy with that.

Thanks for all your help.
:P :lol: :) :D

Post subject: MoneyGram ****CONFIRMATION OF PAYMENT NOTIFICATION****
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 8:50 pm 

Yeah I thought this was a scam. I was selling something on Craigslist and this guy wanted pay more than I was asking and he wouldn't send me a Western Union or something where I could get cash in hand and then when I noticed that there weren't any links on the email that supposidly came from the MoneyGram company, I knew it was a scam.

Another thing that got my attention was that they were asking for my SSN number or drivers license to release the funds. NEVER NEVER provide that kind of info. If it's required, go elsewhere.

They want me to ship the item first and that they would only release the funds to me if I sent them the tracking number of the package.

There's no way in heck I'm sending anything to anyone without payment upfront.

I had a buddy that was selling a $20,000 fifth wheel trailer and someone from Africa contacted him and offered to purchase his truck too and offered him $60,000. They sent him a Bank Cashiers check that was a fake.

You gotta be careful out there.

Thanks for having this site out here. We need all the help we can get to keep one step ahead or atleast along side the bad guys.

Here's what my email stated from the crooked buyer.

Dear Gregg Smith,
MoneyGram is hereby congratulating you and at the same time informing you that the MoneyGram ExpressPaymentSM sent to you from our client, Mr. Femi Ayo of 124@usa.com has been Approved.
Money Gram GBP $1500.00.

Item description:XBOX 360 Premium Bundle NEW in Hand Xbox360 2 Year Best Buy Warranty

Payment Delivery Address:
Gregg Smith
5000 Sable Oaks Drive
Round Rock, TX 78664
United State

Email : gsmith@skill-masters.com
Due to the fact that some sellers don't send out items despite the fact that buyers have paid for the item,we have therefore introduced a policy that; sellers should ship out items after the approval of payment and send us the shipment tracking number for verification before the money is released to them.THIS IS NECESSARY FOR YOU TO VALIDATE THIS PAYMENT REQUEST AND IS ALSO A CRITERIA FOR YOU TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR ITS EVENTUAL COLLECTION.

PLEASE NOTE THAT THE MONEY GRAM PAYMENT MAY NOT GET TO THE OUTLINED ADDRESS PROVIDED ABOVE, IF YOU DO NOT PROVIDE US WITH THE SHIPPMENT TRACKING NUMBER,ONCE THE ITEM HAS BEEN SHIPPED TO THE BUYER,IN ORDER TO SECURE BOTH THE SELLER AND THE BUYER.
YOU CAN E-MAIL THE SHIPMENT TRACKING NUMBER TO OUR CUSTOMER SERVICE AT : inter_mgramonline@accountant.com.

MoneyGram Service Centers are designed to meet your financial needs and requirements wherever and whenever you need them.The tracking/reference number given to you remains invalid until the item has been shipped to the buyer.The tracking/reference number should be well kept and memorised because it will be required whenever you want to lay claims to this money order request.As soon as the package has been shipped,you are required to provide the shipment tracking number to us.This package will be tracked immediately,and if found to be valid,we will contact the MoneyGram location nearest to you to issue-out the money,upon request.We will inform you with a payment issuance date, as soon as this is done,so that you can go and clear the money at the location nearest to you.
This order has been APPROVED, and will be sent to the Seller's address in 2-3 business days,after shipment has been verified.YOU CAN NOW SEND THE ITEM TO THE BUYER.
However, the above Tracking/Reference Number will be required before delivering the Money. [b]You will also identify yourself with your valid driving licence or your Social Security Number(SSN). [/b]

And if you have any questions, feel free to e-mail our customer care service at inter_mgramonline@accountant.com Thank you for using MoneyGramExpressPaymentSM . We look forward to serving your Online Money Gram needs in the future.
Sincerely,
MoneyGram International

Auction site authorised . Use MoneyGram ExpressPaymentSM to pay for items on eBay, Amazon, CNet, MSNAuctions, Yahoo and others. Customer Service Center for all customer inquiries andtransaction approvals is available from 6:00 a.m. to 12:00 a.m.(midnight) CentralTime.

--
--

Post subject: FEDEX will NOT stop shipment
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 2:14 pm 

I shipped mine by Fedex- when I discovered it was fake I called them and asked them to stop it immediately the man that answered the phone said that they would stop the shipment but they never did- so I lost my ring- never got the money and was left with the bills that I was intending on covering with that money- I feel completely naiive and stupid for not listening to my instincts. Because I had asked several questions and I was asking the wrong person I should have asked Western Union from the beginning instead of believing the jerk that mailed me back and said that he had "stopped payment on the money order" because I was "defacing his name" didn't stop him from taking the package though- hes a straight out thief and I doubt he will use that name anymore lol not after I reported it to his email company, the classified ad company, and western union and moneygram too-

Post subject: MoneyGram Scammer
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 7:32 pm 

Hi guys, just thoght i'd update you. I too was a potential scammee, however alarm bells rung insode my tiny head as soon as i got an email from a dude that wanted to buy my goods OUTSIDE of eBay.
Basically, long story short... i was selling a mobile, and he sent me an email, asking me to stop the listing, as he wanted to buy the mobile for his son in "Nigeria" for his birthday. £400.00 he offered... now for the mobile i was seeling... that's waaaayy above the market price for it. "Alarm bells"

Anyhoo... luckily i searched and found this handy little page. The email from "moneygram" is below.
Idiot wanted me to send the item before i received the money.. Muppet!

Dear Travis Nagle,
A GBP400.00 money order for payment of a Ebay item #9141132017 - Sony Ericsson K750i.Cost has been approved.John O. Bryan has chosen to use MoneyGram® for the speed of an online payment. service from a name you can trust.

You Should now post the item while your money order is on its way to you, the buyer's shipping information is provided below.Your money order will be sent by the close of the next business day after you receive this email. First Class mail is typically delivered within 3-7 business days.

Shipping information:

AKANNI OLAKANMI ADEYEMI
NO 3 KUOLE STREET OLUGBODE ODO ONA
IBADAN
OYO STATE
NIGERIA
reddriff_brownlatex@yahoo.com

If the buyer has requested that the item be sent to any address other than the one provided above, please do not ship the item and notify us immediately.Please use the "Contact Us"link below and our Service Assistant will help you notify us of the change requested.Be sure to include the Auction Payments order number and the change of address the buyer has requested.

NOTE:
YOU SHOULD SEND THE ITEM TO THE BUYER'S SHIPPING INFORMATION PROVIDED ABOVE BEFORE THE NEXT 1-2 DAYS AND SEND THE TRACKING NUMBER TO US AT OUR CUSTOMER CARE EMAIL SO THAT WE CAN VERIFY THE ITEM SHIPPED OR ELSE THE MONEY ORDER WILL BE STOPPED UNTIL YOU SEND THE ITEM.
This to reduce the high rate of fraudulent act going on and to ensure that both buyers and sellers are satisfied and safety.

Thank you for using MoneyGram®.We look forward to serving your online auction payment needs in the future.

Sincerely,

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL. IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS PLEASE SELECT THE
FOLLOWING LINK OR EMAIL US AT OUR CUSTOMER CARE AT:
customers_notifications@accountant.com

Contact Us
MoneyGram International
MoneyGram Payment Systems, Inc.
1-800-MoneyGram® (+44 702 409 4069)
Email: customers_notifications@accountant.com

(Wouldn't mind, but the grammer is a bit poor for a "Professional Worldwide Company!)
Contact me if you wanna know more.

Travis.

Post subject: Fake Money Gram from Nigeria
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 10:20 am 

This is the message that I received when selling a computer

Dear Kerry J Boivin ,

Moneygram Express Payments hereby congratulate you and at the same time inform you that the Money OrderSM sent to you from ***Peter Van Rick*** has been Approved, it will be sent out shortly.® Money OrderSM
MONEY ORDER NUMBER:3174843846
® Money Gramm

Auction Item : Computer
Auction Number : N/A
Quantities of item : (1)

Shipment Information Delivery Address
Full Name(s): Ayanfemi T.
Full Address or APO: No. 4, Bsd ICMC, Iyana Church, Iwo Rd
City:Ibadan
State:Oyo
Postcode:23402
PHONE: +2348020936708

PLEASE VERIFY THE FOLLOWING NAME AND ACCOUNT DETAILS (as entered by the buyer) IS ONCE AGAIN CORRECT.
SELLER'S INFORMATION

Kerry J Boivin
509 Horner Rd. NW
Edmonton, AB, CANADA
T5A 4M1
780-966-1171
kboivin@shaw.ca

MONEY TRANSFER CODE
***WITHHELD***

This order has been approved and the money order will be delivered to the seller immediately the shippment is confirmed

BUYER SHIPPING OPTIONS:
***PLEASE NOTE***
The Money OrderSM will NOT be dispatched until shipment has been confirmed. This measure is taken in order to protect both seller and buyer's interest and to reduce the occurrence of fraudulent activities.

***SHIPMENT VERIFICATION***
You can have the shipment confirmed/verified in any of the following ways:
1.Contact moneygram stating the TRACKING NUMBER AND SENDING THE SCANNED RECEIPT of the shipment that you have from post office to: (m.gramms@accountant.com)

***PLEASE NOTE***
Due to the fact that Moneygram processes thousands of orders daily, Moneygram RECOMMENDS contacting the Customer Support Representative that has been assigned to this particular Order directly.This ensures speedy verification of shipment as well as prompt dispatch the Money OrderSM or Transfer of Fund to your Bank Account.Send tracking details to: (m.gramms@accountant.com)

This also had all the graphics and shipper links to make it look real. Now Im trying to contact DHL to stop the delivery.

We have decovered that both the emails from Money Gram and this purchaser had spelling mistakesin their emails.

I will keep you updated on my progess.[/b]

Post subject: Fake Paypal?
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 9:20 pm 

I sold a Sharp 20" LCD on ebay for $325. I got an E-mail from Paypal for $765.00. I also received an e-mail from E-bay saying that the bidding was not initiated by the account owner. What do you guys think??Notice the shipping address...

You've got new funds!
Dear Steve Feffer,

Vernon Gibson just sent you money with PayPal.
Vernon Gibson is a Verified Member.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Payment Details
Amount:
US $765.60

Transaction ID:
2FE61927JT258654Y
Subject:
Sharp LC-20AV1U 20 in. EDTV-Ready LCD Television (170062751006)
Note:
*Get the item shipped*
Shipping Information
Address:
Simeon J. Ayodele,
B&A Plaza Beside C.A.C Olugbode Odo - Ona
Ibadan,
Oyo State,23402
Nigeria.
Address Status:
Confirmed

------------------------------------------------------------------------
This PayPal?payment has been deducted from the buyer's account and has
been "APPROVED"but will not be credited to your account until the shipment reference/tracking
number is sent to us for shipment verification so as to secure both the buyer and the
seller. Below are the necessary information requested before your account will be credited. Send tracking number to us or email us through this mail
paypal.accountverifier@emailaccount.com and our customer service care will attend to you. As soon as you send us the shipment's tracking number to us for security purposes and the safety of the buyer and the seller,the money will be credited to your account.
                                                           **PLEASE NOTE**
Once shipment has been verified  and the tracking number sent to us,  You will receive a "CONFIRMATION Email"  from PayPal?informing you that the Money has been credited Thank you for using PayPal!
The PayPal Team

Post subject: EBay sale of LCD Screen
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 11:02 pm 

It looks to me like a scam...we use ebay to purchase and such regularly and have never received an email asking for shipment confirmation. PayPal is NOT an escrow service, meaning that they would hold the money until the shipment is sent. The scam is basically for you to give them the tracking number and such so that anyone can pick up the shipment. We also found out later that the "buyer" was using a shipping account that didn't belong to him. I would advise you to contact EBay or PayPal directly, but DO NOT send the item until the funds are actually in your account. Hope it works out for you..

Post subject: news....
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 11:10 pm 

I forwarded the e-mail to paypal and they said it was fraudulant and did not know what happened. I have heard of nigerian scams and all sorts of stuff but I have yet to hear of fake paypal emails. The sender's e-mail was actually support@paypal.com. Hope this helps...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 4:13 pm 

Hi folks...

Thought I'd attach my email chain for anyone's reference...Thank goodness for this forum, I googled the "office number" and immediately got sent to this forum...

-----Original Message-----
From: dmiller23462@gmail.com [mailto:dmiller23462@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, January 03, 2007 4:11 PM
To: Miller, David J [GCG-NAOT]
Subject: Fw: Please confirm this payment / pick up arrangement

Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless handheld

Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2007 21:04:25
To:"Harry Thompson" <ht_procurer@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Please confirm this payment / pick up arrangement

Sounds too good to be true! Do me a favor though, and check out the following site real quick...

http://www.moverquest.com/scams/motorcycle_scam.htm

Good luck pulling the wool over the next schmuck's eyes..Have a good new year, in all sincerity, and try to EARN a paycheck the same way that most of America does; BY WORKING!

Dave

Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2006 18:04:59
To:dmiller23462@gmail.com
Subject: Please confirm this payment / pick up arrangement

Greetings..............Dave

Thanks for your time , effort and anticipated cooperation ....i am happy to inform you that I have concluded with my client and he has instructed me to carry on with the transaction,he said that I should inform you that payment will get to you in a Cashier Check of ($11,380usd) drawn in any of the AMERICAN BANKS which is a refund payment of a cancelled order earlier made by my client.
Due to the company's policy this check has to be made out in this amount ($11,380) to you because the company's policy only allows a refund payment on one cashier check,so you are required to deduct cost of your bike ($6,600) usd when payment gets to you and refund balance of ($4,780usd) to an agent who my client will appoint via western union money transfer or moneygram international money transfer for him to offset shipping /pickup charges ,contracting of the Pick up Agent, procure a temporary registration permit tag ,taxes, commission charges and any other handling bills.

After payment has reached you and balance sent back to his agent - the agent will contact the PICKUP AGENT-who will come for the pick up of the vehicle to be shipped to my client. My client is making necessary arrangement with some of the agent(s) and will provide me with the pickup/test rider agent information as soon as he decides whom to use as an Agent for the pickup of the bike.

NOTE: MY CLIENT ADVISED THAT YOU ARE EXPECTED TO DEDUCT THE TRANSFER CHARGES FROM THE REMAINING BALANCE [$4,780 USD] YOU ARE TO SEND TO THE AGENT VIA MONEY GRAM INTERNATIONAL MONEY TRANSFER OR WESTERN UNION MONEY TRANSFER

Please confirm this whole arrangement and provide the details below for check payment to be delivered to you thanks.

PAYMENT INFORMATION:

1. LEGAL NAME IN FULL.........

2. POSTAL MAIL ADDRESS..........

3. PHONE NUMBER (S).................

HARRY THOMPSON
St james mansion
224 Wrights Lane,
Kensington London
W8 5SP, England
office ph# +44-7031909131
cellph# +44-7040131453 / Fax NO;+44-87-0912-2737

dmiller23462@gmail.com wrote: Hi Harry;

The pics were taken about 45 minutes before I emailed them to you, so that's about as recent as I could get them :)

All the info you listed IS correct, as well.

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Dave

Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2006 17:52:06
To:Dave
Subject: 2004 Buell Lightning XB9S

Greetings..............Dave,

Thanks for your swift response and PICTURES ARE VERY GREAT!!!
I hope the pics are recent as claimed????
Attention; Please be advise that the bike will be shipped to CANADA because my client's son is the one who is going to make use of it over there and not here in England. I am a procurement agent here in England.
PLS CONFIRM THE FOLLOWING ..........BELOW.

The price is firm and ok at ..............................$6,600
The bike is currently located at.......................Jacksonville, Florida
Is the bike currently mechanically sound..........yes i believe
Any accident history ......................................No
Are you the first owner of the bike....................yes from my own estimation
I hope all the documents are complete.............yes
The BIKE VIN is.............................................4MZWX12J443475023

Note: My client takes care of the shipping, handling bills and my commission.
Looking forward to doing a successful business with you

Dave wrote: Harry;

As promised, here are the pics...If you'd like a different angle, let me know...

Dave

On 12/25/06, Harry Thompson < ht_procurer@yahoo.com: > wrote:Greetings..............Dave

Thanks for your mail, am still expecting the pics you promised to send over the weekend, however i want to believe that the price is firm and ok at $6,600, please do send recent pics then i will evaluate and get back to you after discussing with my client who is interested in the bike.

HARRY THOMPSON
St james mansion
224 Wrights Lane,
Kensington London
W8 5SP, England
office ph# +44-7031909131
cellph# +44-7040131453 / Fax NO;+44-87-0912-2737

dmiller23462@gmail.com: wrote: Harry,

(1) what is your firm price.........???
There is $6600 left to pay...taking over payments is a possible option (I pay $155/month)

(2) Is there any accident history...........???
No accidents at all, and I'm the only owner

(3) Is it currently mechanically sound..........???
All required tuneups have been performed and the only "issue" I had was a faulty O2 sensor around 3000 miles, which has been long repaired

(4) Why do you want to sell the bike.............???
Can't afford the extra payment every month...that's the only reason, it's been a great ride...

(5) Hope all the documents (TITLE) are complete........???
The bank holds the title, but should be fine...

(6) Where is the bike currently located..................???
Jacksonville, Florida

(7) Attach at least 3 most recent pics of the bike for evaluation.
Will have to get you some pics over this weekend...

Also provide the VIN so that i can request for a carfax history report of
the bike.
VIN - 4MZWX12J443475023

Don't hesitate to contact me! I'll try and get pics to you in the next couple days...

Dave

Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2006 13:18:00
To:dmiller23462@gmail.com:
Subject: (Ad ID: 2357)

Hello..........Dave

I have a client who wants to buy your motorcycle
listed for sale on motorcyclescan.com: and would
like to know the following...............below

(1) what is your firm price.........???
(2) Is there any accident history...........???
(3) Is it currently mechanically sound..........???
(4) Why do you want to sell the bike.............???
(5) Hope all the documents (TITTLE) are complete........???
(6) Where is the bike currently located..................???
(7) Attach at least 3 most recent pics of the bike for evaluation.
Also provide the VIN so that i can request for a carfax history report of
the bike.
Looking forward to hearing from you !!!
THANKS, HARRY.T

dmiller23462@gmail.com : wrote: Hi Harry,

The motorcycle IS still available if you're interested.

Dave

Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2006 14:06:52
To:dmiller23462@gmail.com:
Subject: You have a message (Ad ID: 2357)

Dear member,

You have been sent the following message:

------------------------------------
Harry Thompson

If this motorcycle is still available please contact me by replying this email thanks.

DO NOT ACCEPT FOREIGN MONEY ORDERS OR CASHIERS CHECKS!

Both buyers and sellers should take a cautious approach to the exchange of monies, information, and goods as we are unable to guarantee the validity of those who advertise on and/or use our site.
Please check out our fraud bulletin: http://www.motorcyclescan.com/community/fraud_bulletin/:
Best regards,

MotorcycleScan.com
http://www.motorcyclescan.com/: