ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:19 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: DON'T DO BUISNESS VIA WESTERN UNION
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 3:46 pm 

Just last week a few of my buddies and I were trying to buy a few ipods. They were greatly priced, so we decided to go for it. The total was $800, and we were told to make our payment by western union money transfer.

Here were the instructions:
Send it to a fake name and address in the UK (we emailed wu about this and they said no one could pick up the money if they didn't have ID that matched exactly to where the sender sent it

So after we sent the money we had to give the mtcn and the sender's name to her(we emailed western union about this and they said no one could pick up the money with just the mtcn and sender's name

So we gave it to her. Low and behold, someone has gotten paid our money. We contacted Western Union and they said there was nothing they could do.

We emailed them before and asked them if we could do this, and they said there would be no way that one could pick up the money, and now they did.

I am looking for someone who has had experince in this field and people that have gotten scammed and what they did about it. If you think we could take further action let me know. I am trying to get a case going so if you want to help, post or email me at:
topdogelectronics@yahoo.com

We greatly appreciate all the help we can get

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 7:17 pm 

Sorry topdog but WU lies! There have been several cases like this, all the same and unfortunately you can bribe the workers at WU! They probably offered that person $50 and went on their marry way with your money. Where was it picked up at?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 7:28 pm 

Here is someone else this happened to
http://scamvictimsunited.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=30

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 7:39 pm 

Yeah that is probably what happened. We sent it to the UK. We would like to make a case because this is absurd. Do you think there is anything else we could do?? No legitamate buisness should be able to operate with such a crap policy. They tell us one thing, but then when we lose 800 bucks, they don't care?!? WESTERN UNION IS A LOAD OF CRAP

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 7:46 pm 

Quote:
WESTERN UNION IS A LOAD OF CRAP
yes they are - they say one thing and do another and I am sure there are not any WU fans on this board. Unfortuately you are out $800.00 which is less that a lot of victims lose, so you will have to eat that. I would file a complaint with WU and the BBB.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 7:49 pm 

http://univision.westernunion.com/info/ ... country=US

I would look on this site and see if any of the refunds or anything might apply to you (maybe you can find them at fault???)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 7:54 pm 

Sir, what a life saver, you rock.

I will look on there and see, also, what do you think BBB could do about it?? Thank you soooooooooooo much