There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:09 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Tracy Douglas - tracy.douglas25@gmail.com
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:56 pm 

Hi all,

I was tipped off to this potential scammer because s/he was trying to sell a 2004 GMC Yukon on craigslist for under $3k when the blue book listing for this is between $17-20k. Charmed, I inquired why the price was so low, hoping for an awesome explanation. Luckily, Tracy Douglas came through:

Hi again,

Visit my web page for more photos with the SUV (you can also view there, the autocheck report): http://gmcyukondenali.shutterfly.com/pictures/10#15
Right now I'm in the process of moving (actually I already relocated), and for personal reasons I need to make a quick sell (although I know the price is under the market).The SUV belong to my dead husband, he died while serving in Afghanistan, but I have all the documents needed for the sale (of course I'm the rightful owner).

Because I can't be there for you, I left the SUV at the shipping company's warehouse, sealed, ready to be shipped. The SUV is enlisted in the eBay VPP program so this deal must go through them. In accordance with eBay Vehicle Purchase Program terms, you have 5 days from the time you receive the SUV to inspect it and decide whether you want to keep it or not. The SUV will be shipped free of charge (assured by the army) along with all documents, clean and clear title with my signature on it, owner's manual and keys.

Here is how it will work:

1. I will inform eBay that I have a buyer and ask them to start a new transaction with you.
2. They will ask you for the shipping details. After they process your information, they will send you an invoice with all the details on how to make a refundable payment.
3. After the refundable payment is made, eBay will contact me to authorize the shipping. The shipping will last maximum 4 days. From the moment you receive it, you will have 5 days to test and verify the SUV. All this time, your payment will stay with eBay in a non-interest account. If you decide to buy it, I will receive the payment from eBay. Otherwise, the SUV will be shipped back free of charge on your side and you will be fully refunded. If you wish to start the transaction, please reply so we can proceed.
I'll wait your response.

Thanks

It has all the elements of a really bad scan:

1) I've already relocated
2) My husband died in Afghanistan
3) Let's make this short and sweet
4) Oh, the SUV will be located in a warehouse.

S/he might as well have asked me whether I wanted to deposit $3k into an offshore account.

Anyway, anything from tracy.douglas25@gmail.com is trouble. Hope this helps. Good luck!

Post subject: Re: Tracy Douglas - tracy.douglas25@gmail.com
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:03 pm 
Gold Member

threeblind wrote:
s/he was trying to sell a 2004 GMC Yukon on craigslist
1. I will inform eBay that I have a buyer and ask them to start a new transaction with you.

eBay and Craigslist are seperate entities. eBay transactions of ANY description must take place within the eBay website. Any reference to an eBay transaction which is initiated outside of ebay is a FRAUD, period.

| CyberCrimeOps.COM (Connect via Facebook) | Internet-Love-Scams.ORG |

Post subject: Re: Tracy Douglas - tracy.douglas25@gmail.com
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:06 pm 

Biggles wrote:
threeblind wrote:
s/he was trying to sell a 2004 GMC Yukon on craigslist

eBay and Craigslist are seperate entities. eBay transactions of ANY description must take place within the eBay website. Any reference to an eBay transaction which is initiated outside of ebay is a FRAUD, period.

Thank you for confirming my suspicions!