ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:26 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: SCAM - Arianna Fulkerson - Travis Sheppell - TNT-UK
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:04 pm 

I can't begin to tell you how much of an *** I feel like right now. I wanted a Macbook so much - I got scammed, not once, but twice in the same blasted week, both from sources on Craig's List. That's what I flippin get for being greedy. Anyway here's the info - and a piece of advice - do your research before you buy anything - you don't want to end up like me and the others here who've been scammed. Here's some info on this scam

1. -
> ________________________________________
> From: Arianna Fulkerson [ariannafulkerson@live.com]
> Sent: Friday, November 13, 2009 3:27 PM
> To: removed
> Subject: the 15 inch MacBook Pro with core 2 duo from Craigslist $350
>
> Hi
>
> Yes I still have the laptop. But there is something that I didn't mention in the post.
> Please bear with me on this. I am now in United Kingdom. I have been relocated here with my work several months ago. I don't need the laptop anymore so I tried to sell the laptop locally, but with no luck. I was offered silly money for the laptop because of issues like - it is a US version or the warranty doesn't work here or that it has a US keyboard format. That's why I'm trying my luck in the US.
> Since I can't meet you and make the exchange, I found a service that will help us with that. Click on the link below to learn more about the service:
>
> TNT is a worldwide delivery company but it is better known here in the UK. You can see from their procedure that you will be able to check out the laptop before I receive the payment. In this way the both of us can be at ease. I will use 2 day delivery at my expense.
>
> Thanks.
>

2. - this was sent on Nov. 19th

Hi

I went to TNT today. The guys from TNT told me that they will check the laptop out and then notify you with their findings. They will also contact you with the shipping and payment details.
Be sure to check your junk folder as well, as TNT said that some email providers may misinterpret their notifications as junk email (due to the fact that their notifications are sent automatically).

Thanks.

3. -

Date Friday, November 20, 2009

TNT Express Package Confirmation

Reference Number - 920105729

reduces risks associated with Internet transactions by acting as a licensed, trusted, neutral third party for online transactions.

Buyer of the Package - information removed due to embarrassment

First name
Last name
Address
City/State
Zip(City Code)
Country

Seller of the Package

First name Arianna
Last name Fulkerson
Address 21 Maplewood Circle
City/State Wolverhampton
Zip(City Code) S31 3GT
Country United Kingdom

This package was processed on a TNT OnLine compatible shipping system. For TNT support please contact us: customerdepartment@ukservicestnt.com

Description of goods

Quantity: 1 Apple MacBook Pro Computer

Additional Details
Specifications:
Processor and memory

2.2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor, 4MB on-chip shared L2 cache running 1:1 with processor speed
800MHz frontside bus
2GB (two SO-DIMMs) of PC2-5300 (667MHz) DDR2 memory; two SO-DIMM slots support up to 4GB
Storage

220GB 5400-rpm Serial ATA hard drive
8x slot-loading SuperDrive (DVDR DL/DVDRW/CD-RW)

Display

15.4-inch (diagonal) TFT LED backlit display
Native resolution 1440 by 900

Graphics support

NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT graphics processor with dual-link DVI support; 128MB of GDDR3 SDRAM

Communications
Built-in iSight camera
Built-in AirPort Extreme Wi-Fi wireless networking IEEE 802.11a/b/g compatible
Built-in Bluetooth 2.0+EDR
Built-in 10/100/1000BASE-T Gigabit Ethernet (RJ-45 connector)

Peripheral connections

One FireWire 400
One FireWire 800
Two USB 2.0 ports
ExpressCard/34 slot
Audio

Combined optical digital input/audio line in (minijack)
Combined optical digital output/headphone out (minijack)
Built-in stereo speakers
Internal omnidirectional microphone

Video accessories

DVI to VGA adapter

Battery

660-watt-hour lithium-polymer battery (with integrated charge indicator LEDs) in good working condition (tested)

Keyboard and trackpad

Built-in full-size keyboard with 78 (U.S.) or 79 (ISO) keys, including 12 function keys, 4 arrow keys (inverted T arrangement), and embedded numeric keypad
Backlit keyboard with ambient light sensors for automatic adjustment of keyboard illumination and screen brightness
Solid-state scrolling trackpad for precise cursor control; supports two-finger scrolling, tap, double-tap, and drag capabilities

Electrical and environmental

Meets ENERGY STAR requirements
Line voltage: 100V to 240V AC
Frequency: 50 to 60 Hz
Size and weight

Height: 1.0 inch (2.59 cm)
Width: 14.1 inches (35.7 cm)
Depth: 9.6 inches (24.3 cm)
Weight: 5.4 pounds (2.45 kg)

Supplied Software

Mac OS X v10.5 Leopard (includes Time Machine, Quick Look, Spaces, Spotlight, Dashboard, Mail, iChat, Safari, Address Book, QuickTime, iCal, DVD Player, Photo Booth, Xcode Developer Tools)
Apple Quicken 2006
Apple iLife 08
Microsoft Windows Vista Business
Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac
Service and Warranty Information
Warranty Available until February 15, 2010 (as written on the Warranty Papers)
Supplied Accessories:

MacBook Pro's Original packaging
Laptop bag
External USB mouse
85W MagSafe Power Adapter
AC wall plug
Power cord
Lithium-polymer battery
Apple Remote
DVI to VGA adapter
Install/restore DVDs
Printed and electronic documentation
Software CDs
Legal papers
Warranty papers
Verification Results:
The laptop - Apple MacBook Pro Computer has been verified by our Technical Team.
The specifications found by our Technical Team are the one above and are the same with the specifications of the laptop from the Legal and Warranty Papers which were deposited in our custody at the same time with the laptop by the Seller.
Working problems found: none (a series of tests has been performed to all the laptop's hardware).
Cosmetic problems found: none (we have inspected the laptop for everything from minor scratches to signs of intensive use).

We are confirming through this email that the merchandise has been left in our custody.
Important! The merchandise has been verified by TNT .
In a short period of time we will send you another notification called: "TNT Transaction Details - Payment Instructions ".
Please follow the instructions from our "TNT Transaction Details - Payment Instructions " notification in order to complete this transaction.

We have found that providing email and Internet support allows us to give quick, reliable, and consistent answers to questions and concerns. Using email also allows us to document what was communicated in previous emails to you and to avoid duplication of responses. Phone support simply does not serve our members needs as well as email does. For TNT support please contact us: customerdepartment@ukservicestnt.com

Intellectual and other property rights to the information contained in this site are held by TNT Holding B.V. with all rights reserved © 2009

4. -

Print view Inbox

?
Please quote this Number
if you have an enquiry.
*920105729US*

TNT Transaction Details - Payment Instructions

Reference Number: 920105729
Track your package here

Description of goods: 1 x Apple MacBook Pro Computer
Buyer:
Delivery address:
Seller: Arianna Fulkerson
Amount to be paid by the Buyer: USD $350.00

Delivery Type: TNT Express 2nd Day Delivery Guaranteed (Please be noted that the delivery starts only after we receive your payment)
Insurance: Yes
TNT Transaction / shipping fee: paid by the seller
Payment Instructions (please read the instructions carefully)

The payment to us must be made through Western Union. You must go to a Western Union Agent Location and send us the payment using their "Money in minutes" service.
The payment to us must be made to the name of the TNT Agent assigned to your transaction.

The TNT Agent assigned to your transaction is: Travis Sheppell.
In order to make the Western Union "Money in minutes" transfer you will need the following information:

Please make your Western Union "Money in minutes" payable to:

First Name: Travis
Last Name: Sheppell
City: Wolverhampton

VERY IMPORTANT (please read)

- the Western Union "Money in minutes" transfer must be made in person at a Western Union Agent Location as we do not accept transfers made online (due to the high Credit Card fraud risk);
- do not use any other service from Western Union to send us the money (for example Western Union "Money Order"), we will not be able to collect your payment. Please make the payment using the Western Union "Money in minutes" service.

In order to confirm your payment we will require a copy of the Western Union Customer Receipt/Transfer Confirmation (in order to make the copy you can use a scanner, or you can take a picture of the receipt or any other way you can as long as the writings on the copy are visible).
Please send us the copy of the Western Union Customer Receipt/Transfer Confirmation at: paymentdepartment@ukservicestnt.com Once we will receive the copy of the Western Union Customer Receipt/Transfer Confirmation we must validate the Western Union Transfer and then collect it. This process may take up to 12 hours depending on the time we will receive the copy of the Western Union Customer Receipt/Transfer Confirmation.
VERY IMPORTANT (please read)

- We cannot collect the Western Union transfer without the copy of the Western Union Customer Receipt/Transfer Confirmation. Please send us the copy of the Western Union Customer Receipt/Transfer Confirmation after you complete the payment;
- Do not send us a copy of the Western Union form that you must fill in so you can complete the Western Union transfer. Please send us a copy of the Western Union Customer Receipt/Transfer Confirmation.

Please read our TNT Payment Privacy Policy to learn our payment release and payment refund conditions.
1.The Payment will be sent to the Seller by TNT only when you will instruct us to do so. First you will receive the package and check the merchandise. Only then you can instruct us to release the Payment to the Seller.
2.TNT acts as a third party holding at the same time the merchandise and the Payment.
3. After the merchandise is received by the Buyer, the Buyer will have up to 21 days depending on the nature of the merchandise to review the merchandise.
For transaction No. 920105729 the inspection time is 5 ( five ) business days.
a) If the Buyer decides to keep the merchandise the Buyer will instruct TNT to release the funds to the Seller.
b) If for any reason the Buyer does not want to keep the merchandise, the Buyer will ask TNT for a refund.
The refund procedure is very simple, the Buyer will receive the money from TNT through Bank to Bank Wire Transfer, or by Check or by Western Union Money Transfer.
The refund method is at the Buyer's choice.

Thank you for using TNT
Nicole Card - TNT Customer Department

Wolverhampton Depot
214 Bowery Street
Wolverhampton
S22 1TF
Customer Department
General Manager: Robert Kay
Email: customerdepartment@ukservicestnt.com

Intellectual and other property rights to the information contained in this site are held by TNT Holding B.V. with all rights reserved © 2009

5. Somehow, I decided to check and see the status of my shipping - imagine my surprise when I couldn't find anything - and upon further checking on the senders address I realize it's a scam. D*** - $ I've lost $700 on two scams in one week.

Post subject: Re: SCAM - Arianna Fulkerson - Travis Sheppell - TNT-UK
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:44 pm 

GOT THIS JUST A TODAY.. IT'S STILL GOING ON :lol:

Hi, I am getting back to you regarding the 21.5-inch iMac from Craigslist

My name is Arianna and I am now in Wolverhampton, United Kingdom.

I am selling the iMac for $600 USD. I have attached some pics with it to this email.
The iMac is still available and I hope you are still interested. The iMac was bought brand new from Apple a couple of months ago.
About the iMac I can say it's in perfect shape, as I used it only for a few weeks. Included in the $600 price is everything that came with the iMac.
The iMac is here with me.
I tried to be as thorough as I could with the presentation so you can have all the info if you decide to go ahead and buy it.

Please get back to me and let me know if you like the iMac if you're really interested in buying it.

THEN.....

Hi,

Well, I found a way to sell you the imac that will cover the both of us. It's a worldwide delivery company called TNT. They have a service that will allow you to test the imac before I receive my payment.
Please go to the TNT website below and read their procedure so we can be on the same page:

http://wolverhamptontnt.com/tnt.express ... nsactions/

I will pay the TNT shipping fee and I can use 2 day delivery if you are in a hurry.
My phone number is 01253708040. Please call me as I don't have International minutes.

Thanks.

Arianna McFadden
Chief Logistic Officer
http://www.bluechipremovals.co.uk

Thanks,
Arianna

Chief Logistic Officer
http://www.bluechipremovals.co.uk

Post subject: Re: SCAM - Arianna Fulkerson - Travis Sheppell - TNT-UK
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:22 am 

Sure it's going on. They still haven't sold it :mrgreen: