ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:18 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Craigs List - Chicago, Il Goldwing Motorcycle scam
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:35 pm 

I received this today after replying to an add on Craigslist for a Goldwing. Complete with very nice pictures. Beware!

Hello,
First of all I want to thank you for your interest in my bike. The bike is located in Dallas, TX and I am selling it at this price ($4200) because i just finished the divorce with my husband. The divorce is finished and I own this bike. I work as a dealer on a cruise ship and i want sell it because I need money for other things. This bike is in excellent working condition, no scratches, flaws or any kind of damage, slightly used, in 100% working and looking conditions and comes with a clear title. From the beginning you have to know that for the payment I request only secure pay, I prefer the payment to be done using eBay services. Since i am working most of my time, and divorced I want the deal closed only through eBay's Buyer Protection Program in order for me and you to be 100% protected. The final price that I want for this bike is $4200. If you will take it for this price, I am willing to handle the shipping. Please get back to me asap if you decide to buy, and include in your e-mail your full name and address where you want it shipped so I can start the deal with eBay. You will receive payment and shipping details from them.
I will wait your answer very soon only if you are interested to buy because i don't have any freetime to waste.
You can see the rest of the pictures by click on the link below:
http://s620.photobucket.com/albums/tt288/jessicam321/
Best Regards,
Jessica Madden Jessica Madden [jessica.madden11@gmail.com]

Post subject: Re: Craigs List - Chicago, Il Goldwing Motorcycle scam
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:43 pm 

Here is the VIN number from that 2006 Goldwing for $4200. 1hfsc47fx6a506929

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:10 pm 

The same posting was in Poconos PA and we received the same details via email. What first alerted you to the scam, the price?

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 1:43 pm 

Big Scam...and still at it. BEWARE!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:07 pm 

The scam is still going on, don't fall victim!

HI,

The bike is located in Philadelphia, PA and I am selling it at this price ($2840) because i just finished the divorce with my husband. The divorce is finished and I own this bike. I work as a dealer on a cruise ship and i want to sell it because I need money for other things. This bike is in excellent working condition, no scratches, flaws or any kind of damage, slightly used, in 100% working and looking conditions and comes with a clear title ready for transfer. From the beginning you have to know that for the payment I request only secure pay, I prefer the payment to be done using eBay services. Since i am working most of my time, and divorced I want the deal closed only through eBay's Buyer Protection Program in order for me and you to be 100% protected. The final price that I want for this bike is $2840. If you will take it for this price, I am willing to handle the shipping. Please get back to me asap if you decide to buy, and include in your e-mail your full name and address where you want it shipped so I can start the deal with eBay. You will receive payment and shipping details from them.
I will wait your answer very soon only if you are interested to buy because i don't have any free time to waste.
Best Regards,

marsha hill

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 10:49 pm 

Exact same ad showed up in Cleveland Ohio Craigslist. Seems it was listed for about 3 weeks. I answered it 2 days ago and currently am in a dialog with "marsha hill" about the vehicle. Today I checked and the ad is no longer posted.

The original ad was just a picture of the bike and was linked to this url:

http://www.flowerskt.com/moto/ to which you have a form to fill out to respond to the ad.

So far I have gotten two emails from Marsha Hill.

I was sent another email with more pics of the bike posted at this URL :

http://s1201.photobucket.com/albums/bb354/gold2231/

Marsha tells me the bike's vin:

Year :2006 - VIN: 1HFSC47H56A509514- 18,033 miles - Engine size 1800 cc

I also ran Webreaper on both links and garnered all the pics and pages. Didn't find any additional info that would identify the scammer or their location. Looking closely at the bike pics, if they took the pics themselves you never can see a good reflection of the person taking the pic. Else they just gleaned someone else's bike pics and claimed it was their own.

I think I will contact photobucket and tell them they are hosting a scammer. Maybe they would be smart and report it to some authorities rather than disable the page.

Right now I feel if I keep this jackass engaged he won't be scamming anyone else anytime soon. Just dragging it out. Right now I am playing the "wife" role who's husband is looking for a goldwing and I am trying to buy it as a surprise gift. But poor ol' me don't know nuttin' about using Ebay services and the like. How does one pay for the bike again?? Can I write a personal check and mail it to her? Oh wait I used the wrong account, let me send a new check... Will she take the Discover card?? <grin>

I also did the same thing with another scammer (maybe the same one??) claiming to be a woman who was recently widowed. She told me the bike was in Aspen CO though she just moved there from Cleveland. I have a friend out where she stated the bike was and after several emails I threw in the ultimate change up... "OH, well first let me have my friend drive out and pick up the bike. He will meet up with a local motorcycle mechanic from near where you live and check out the bike. If acceptable they will pay with a cashier's check" That ended the emails from that person real quick.

Love jerking them around.

YJ

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:42 am 

Hello I got something along those lines: hello ,

My name is Bertha,I am emailing you regarding the 2009 Aprilia Aprilia Mana 850 that I have for sale. I sell at this price ( US$2,450.00 ) because i just finished the divorce with my husband. When the divorce has finished i received this bike.Now as a women i don't need. This bike is in excellent working conditions, no scratches, flaws or any kind of damage, slightly used in 100% working and looking conditions and comes with a clear title, 3 months transferable warranty. From the beginning you have to know that for the payment I request ONLY secure pay, I prefer the payment to be done using eBay services. We will use a safe payment method because I am affiliated at eBay and I have a purchase protection account.The final price that I want for this bike is US$2,450.00 including shipping and handling.You will receive with the bike : keys,title, all the receipts that I have from it, owner's manual, service manual, and also a sale receipt signed at a legal attorney stating that I'm selling you this bike .Everything has been paid for ( inspections,shipping, staff, insurance, etc.) so you won't have to pay for anything else . If we reach an agreement, the bike will be delivered directly to your address.
When it arrives, you must have your ID ( preferably 2 forms of identification ) and sign for receiving.
If you are interested in buying it please provide me your Full Name, Address and Phone Number so I can initiate the deal through eBay .

I will wait your answer(if you are interested to buy) very soon!!
Thank you and have a nice day

It really sucks because I have trying to chase one down for a good price for quite some time. I did not find this one on Craigslist. This person had emailed me out of the blue probably related to a wanted ad for a mana.