ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:22 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: tHE mACINTOSH 4 SALE DHL AGENT SCAM
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:21 am 

dhl IS A LEGITIMATE COMPANY WHO DOES SEND GOODS cod. What it does not do is request for funds to be paid by wire tranfer is advance of goods being shipped. I did by best to research it but not until I had lost $300 for the same laptop that is being sold all over the globe. By the same guy and here is the evidence I offer:
MacForums and other sites even in Australia report very similar stories. My scammers screen name is Joseph Mitchell but that group, with almost identical e-mails, uses several others.

I knew better and I thought, okay, he's in London with his laptop and needs to sell it pronto.

Read through the thread to see how it all evolved.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have sent the ibook just earlier and now I received an invoice from dhl saying they have contact you with the confirmation and instructions to your e-mail. Please confirm you have received them and complete your end.
Please keep me posted.
Joseph

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would need your name and address to start the DHL delivery process. Here is the exact link where the procedure is explained: http://www.airfreight-dhl.com/en_uk/webship.high.html. I will also try to explain everything.
First I go to DHL with the ibook and start the delivery procedure.
After I give them the ibook for you, DHL will send you a notification to let you know the process has been initiated, and that they have the ibook for you and also the complete specifications of the ibook.
Also, in the notification they will send you clear instructions on how to make the payment to DHL, to the DHL agent's name.
After you complete your payment, then you will notify DHL, they will collect the payment and once they have your payment, then they will deliver the ibook to you in 2 days time.
Once you receive the ibook you will have 5 days to test the laptop and if you are 100% satisfie d you will kee p it and, at this point, notify DHL that you are keeping the ibook and that they can send me the money.
In the event that you do not like the ibook you will notify DHL you are not keeping it and at this point the DHL people will come to your address and pick up the ibook and give you a full refund of your money.
So it is simple, I would say.
If you agree to these terms, send me your name and address and I will go to DHL with the ibook and start the delivery procedure.
Please let me know soon.
Joseph

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Tuesday, November 11, 2008 1:55 PM
Subject: RE: Apple Ibook G4, $300

Hi there,
The ibook is still available. You can see its condition on the attached files. I'm in London untill Christmas and since we can't meet I have found a way for us to complete the deal safely and fast, and this way you will receive the ibook in less than 2 days, if you move fast as well. The solution is provided by DHL, and it will handle the payment and delivery of the ibook. It will allow me to receive the payment for ibook only after you will receive it and test it. Price is $300 including shipping. Hopefully we can work something out.
Let me know if you have any other questions.
Joseph
PS. Just to remind you, here are the spects:
Processor: PowerPC G4 1.33GHZ
Operating System: Fresh installed OS X Leopard
Screen Size: 14" LCD
Memory: 1GB Memory installed. Max capacity 1.5G
Hard drive: 40G hard drive, capacity for 20,000 pictures or 10,000 MP3 songs
Optical Drive: CDRW DVD Combo Drive Burn CDs Watch DVDs
Sound: Integrated sound with headphone jack
Network and Modem: Built-in fast LAN Networking, ready for high-speed Internet
Built-in 56K Modem, in case you still need dial-up
Built-in Airport Extreme Card, ready for wireless Internet!!!
Built-in bluetooth
Ports: Two USB ports
Firewire (1394) ports for Digital Camcorder and other high speed device
Mini-display output
new battery for Apple iBook 14", would hold about 5 hours
The following programs will come preinstalled on the system (original discks are also included). All programs are fully activated.
Adobe CS3 Design Premium
Microsoft Mac Office 2008
iWork 2008
iLife 2008
Roxio Toast Titanium 8
Adobe CS2 products which includes Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe ImageReady, Adobe In Design, Adobe Bridge, Adobe Digital Edition