ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:17 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Advice needed
PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:17 am 

Someone recently somehow got my debit card number, and charged almost $900.00 to my card. The bank is in the process of handling it. It is Chase bank, and I am worried because there are stories all over the internet about Chase giving people provisional credit and then taking it away again.

I contacted one of the online places that this guy used my card at. The guy gave me the name, address, and email address of the man who did this to me, because that was the shipping info he used. I have been researching the guy on the internet. He has a Facebook, MySpace, and I found the realty site where he bought his home, and how much he paid for it. This guy paid almost $600,000 for his home. By the photos that I can see on Facebook he is wealthy. He is the regional manager of a very big company. It makes me sick. I am a separated mother of 4, and I struggle every single day and work very hard to barely just get by. The money he stole from me was my rent and bill money. Yet this wealthy man stole MY money to make purchases at Walmart.com and a place that sells body building supplies.

I want so much to email this guy, and ask him why he stole from me, when he clearly has plenty money of his own? I want to know if this is dangerous to do? What's the worse that could happen? I am not planning on being rude in the email, I just want him to know that he has victimized someone who has no expendable money, I want him to know that because of him I may not be able to pay my bills, and I have no money to replace it. I want to make him feel guilty for what he has done. The law probably won't do anything because he is out of state. It would just give me some kind of satisfaction to do that. What do all of you think?

Post subject: Re: Advice needed
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:29 am 

I think it would be better not to email him. You can file a complaint with the IC3 and let them handle it. It is possible he is not the one who used your card. The things were sent to his address and he will reship them somewhere else. Not really sure. Below is a link to file a complaint with the IC3

http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx

Best of luck to you.

Media Reporter for ScamVictimsUnited.com

Google is your best online friend. Google everything.
http://www.google.com/

For Romance Love scams
http://romancelovescams.mysubdn.com/forum/index.php

Post subject: Re: Advice needed
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:18 pm 

I agree with Janez... this "guy" may not know anything about what's going on and his identity very well may have been stolen and is being used in this way... like you said it makes no sense for someone with money to be doing this. These scammers today are very savy and the scams they run are extremely well thought out and planned... they set up in such a way that there are many "unknowing" people in the middle (stolen id's ect's) and so that victim thinks that it's the unknowing person doing the scamming... The scammers are very good at hiding themselves... File with the IC3 and let them take care of it.