ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:32 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject: Re: Shipping Scam
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:13 pm 

Hi guys,

First of all thanks heaps for this site, getting bogus emails is kind of obvious these days, but for it to be affirmed in one google search makes life pretty difficult for these pains.

If your are new to hunting scammers try a couple of things:

Never do anything until they give you a full name and address and it checks out
Always insist on using your own courier company (even if you dont have one)
No cheques/checks if they can be avoided, and never ever any money transfers, exchange of bank details etc
Biggest rule: customer pays for goods and then things happen, never before

Anyway am basically adding my two cents so this also comes up in any keyword searches anyone else does and the scammers are using similar info. Scam follows (its backwards as i just copied emails so start at bottom):

Hi Mary, [Mary stopped writing after this email, wonder why...?]

Unfortunately we have our own shipping company that does all our international shipping exclusively; their prices are very competitive. My contact there has given me an all inclusive price of $3109, which will mean total cost of the order comes to $5806. Please provide your contact number and address, as well as payment details to finalize the order.

Kind regards,

Nat James
National Customer Care Manager

This e-mail is confidential and intended solely for the named recipient. Any unauthorized use, dissemination, forwarding or reproduction of this e-mail is strictly prohibited by ********* Pty Ltd.

PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT ALL EMAILS TO OR FROM ********* MAY BE READ BY *********
MANAGEMENT FOR COACHING PURPOSES.

On 28/01/2011, at 2:15 PM, Mary Jay <merryjay57@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi,

Thank you very much for the quote i will like to proceed with the order. At the moment,I will be shipping this order to a friend in Togo, The address is as below and i will like to use Faith Cargo shippers Ltd for this pick up.Their email address to contact them on my behalf is (faithcargoshippers@deliveryman.com) I want you to send them an email with the Sizes and Quantities of this order,shipping and pick up address so they will provide you with a quote.As soon as you get the quote kindly let me know by emailing me with the cost so i will do the total payment for this order.

Please i want you to send an email to the shippers with the details below.

1. Your company location address.
2. My friends delivery address.
3. Sizes and Quantities.

SHIPPING DESTINATION
2985 Avenue de la Chance,
face rond-point GTA, BP 14327
Country Togo-City Lomé

I will be looking forward to your reply.
Best Regards

Mrs.Mary Jay...

On Thu, Jan 27, 2011 at 2:08 PM, Nat James <********************************> wrote:
Hi Mary,

Total cost for three units is $2697, and we usually allow roughly 2 working weeks to have those ready for you. If you would like to place an order formally please provide payment details with some information about you, specifically address and phone number, do we can complete our paperwork and send you your copy.

Look forward to hearing from you,

Nat James

This e-mail is confidential and intended solely for the named recipient. Any unauthorized use, dissemination, forwarding or
reproduction of this e-mail is strictly prohibited by ********* Pty Ltd.

PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT ALL EMAILS TO OR FROM ********* MAY BE READ BY *********
MANAGEMENT FOR COACHING PURPOSES.

On 28/01/2011, at 8:33, Mary Jay <merryjay57@gmail.com> wrote:

Thank you very much and I will like to order 3 of the 50GPD reverse osmosis systems and what will be the total price and how long can you get that for me ?Looking forward to hear from you soon..

Regards
Mary Jay

On Wed, Jan 26, 2011 at 6:51 PM, Nat James <*********************************> wrote:
Hi Mary,

The cost of our 50GPD reverse osmosis systems are $899 and this includes all the filters, fittings, tubing, tank and standard tap, plus all the extra fittings you will need to put the unit in (if you would like to have someone install it and you are in the area the cost is an extra $120). If you are coming to pick up the unit you can come to our address at *********, below. In regards to payment methods we accept all major credit cards, cheque or money order, BPAY, or we have ******** finance facilities and take home today layby facilities. Please let me know which of these you would like to do, and if you have any questions please contact me.

Kind regards,

Nat James

This e-mail is confidential and intended solely for the named recipient. Any unauthorized use, dissemination, forwarding or
reproduction of this e-mail is strictly prohibited by ********* Pty Ltd.

Date: 26 January 2011 11:39:39 AM AEDT
To: **********************
Subject: Order

Good day,

My name is Mrs.Mary Jay,I want to order 50 gallons per a day of reverse osmosis. I will be Pick up.What is the price range ?and also Advise me on the method of payments that you accept,so that we can proceed with the order. Please Advise.

Thank You.
Mrs.Mary Jay..

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:52 am 

We should all be aware of these scam shipping companies. They give nothing to us but a problem. So we must stay away from them. Instead, we should choose more reliable companies like the FedEx.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:29 pm 
Site Admin/Co-Founder

shecammer wrote:
We should all be aware of these scam shipping companies. They give nothing to us but a problem. So we must stay away from them. Instead, we should choose more reliable companies like the FedEx.

Actually, many people were sent their counterfeit checks via FedEx

Share your story with the media and educate others about scams! Details here http://scamvictimsunited.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=6319
Sign our petition http://www.change.org/actions/view/crea ... s_programs
Follow our blog http://scamvictimsunited.wordpress.com/
Find us on Twitter, Facebook and more http://www.retaggr.com/page/ShawnMosch

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6