There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:54 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Shipping Scam
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:34 am 

Shipping Scam,

This is part of a very long Dialouge, where they are trying to get us to pay the shippers via Western Union.
Customer,
Thanks a lot for contacting seaway shipping company for all your shipping needs for a pick up of such dimension the freight charges will be $2,470.38 AUD which includes Insurance tax and handling.
As at now it is our company policy that we take payment from where we will be picking the merchandise from and payment has to be sent to our co-operate office in Ghana West Africa Via Post Office-Western Union Money Transfer and you can find any Post Office-Western Union Money Transfer at any nearest Wal-mart . All payment have to be directly sent to the accountant department and payment has to be made to the name of the accountant and address indicated below.

Accountant department informations.
First Name: Ayuba.
Last Name: Abdallah.
Address: 464 Kanda Highway Street.
City: Accra
Zip code: 00233.
State: Accra.
This are the 4 steps on how to use Post Office-Western Union Money Transfer.

1. Go to any Western Union Agent Location Which you can find in any Post Office near you with the cash amount to be wired to us.
2. Pick Up a Form from the agent location at the Post Office .
3. Fill in the Name and Address of where the payment is being Sent to.
4. Submit the form with the amount to be wired to the agent and the agent will process the payment.

As soon as the payment is processed please kindly e-mail us with the following informations.

1. Sender Full Name.
2. Text Question and Answer.
3. M.T.C.N Number.
4.Total Amount Wired.

As soon as the payment is being sent to us we will make up a tracking number for the pick up and we will come to your location and pick this merchandise up and deliver them to it destination. Thanks again for choosing us and please do not hesitate to get back to us if you need any pick up or shipment.
Sincerely Yours.
Chris Lee

Hello Chris

I have Been contacted by Rev Brian Moore re: shipping wine from Brisbane, Qld,Australia- to South Africa (address below)

The consignment is 10 x cartons of wine, weight per ctn 9kg, Dimensions: 310mm W x 230mm D x 300mm H per ctn

Could you please provide me with Shipping costs with and without insurance, and approx shipping time from Brisbane to destination address.

I'm not sure if there is any other relevant information that you need?

Regards
Brett Brines
Area Retail Manager

P Please consider the environment before printing this email

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sent: Thursday, 5 June 2008 10:29 AM
To: Brett Brines
Subject: SHIPPING INFOMATIONS

Hello Brett.
Sorry to say as at now am on a bussiness trip to Canada and the only way you can get intouch with me is Via email because i dont think you can call my State # and also yes we have we have meet once at the shop before is been a long time and am sure we will meet this time around ad well.I will like you to contact the Freight company with the my delivery address as well as the sizes and weight of the product and the location address and ask them how much it will cost for shipping these wines.And below is the infomation you will require to get the quote from them.

Deliver Address:
Moore's Motel.
4567 Jourg street.
South Africa, 00455, JournessBurg,

And below is the contact informations for the shippers.
Name of Shippers: Seaway Shipping Company.
E-mail address: seawayshippers001@yahoo.com
Contact Person: Chris Lee

Please I want you to send an email to the shipping company with your location address and my delivery address and the qauntities of the Frames and ask them for the freight cost and as soon as you get the shipping cost i want you to add the shipping cost to the cost of the Frames and email me the total so that i can make the total payment for the shippers to come for a pick up ok.
Kind Regards.
Rev. Brain Moore

To: rev_brain23@yahoo.com
Date: Thursday, June 5, 2008, 12:25 AM

Hello Rev

If you let me know your shipping address I will give a price from our regular service, also forward me your shipping companies contact details and I will get in touch with them also to obtain a quote.

Once I have these I will forward them to you and you can decide who you would like to use.

Regards
Brett Brines
Area Retail Manager

P Please consider the environment before printing this email

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sent: Thursday, 5 June 2008 9:35 AM
To: Brett Brines
Subject: Re: Drinx enquiry

Hello Brett,
Thank you for the email.Yes i will like you to know that i need Westerly Merlot and Baldman Merlot.But before i send you my card details for the payment as i was saying i will be picking these wines up from your location as soon as the order is ready in a couple of days.So right now that i have the total price i will like to figure out how much is going to cost me for the shipping so i will like to email you with a contact details of a shipping company which i will like you to get intouch with them with the type of item you are shipping,delivery address and the pickup location address and ask them how much is going to cost for the shipping and as soon as you get the shipping cost you add it to the cost of the wine and email me back the grand total and i will forward my card details to you for the full payment ok.
Let me know if you are ready for the details of the shippers.
Regards.
Rev Brain Moore

Post subject: Re: Shipping Scam
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:33 pm 

This guy thinks you will Western Union cash to him prior to receiving payment. DON'T FALL FOR IT~ He cannot possibly be a Rev. unless it is short for reverse morality!!!

SERIOUSLY AFRICAN ORPHANS!!!

This guy is low! Guess he lives in GA! Gotta love his faux-broken English!

DELIVERY ADDRESS.
South African Charity Homes and Orphans
02154 Old Lisbeth street Ave.
South Africa, Johannesburg,00451

And also below is the contact informations for the shipping company.
SHIPPERS CONTACT INFORMATIONS
Name of shippers: Seaway Shipping Company Ltd.

E-mail: seawayshippers001@chemist.com

Contact Person: Chris Lee.

I want you to go ahead and send an email the shipping company with the following informations.

1. Your location Address.
2. The Orphans Delivery Address.
3. Weight of the Product.

Please kindly email the shippers those information and ask them how much it will cost for them to come to your location and pick this up and then deliver it to the orphans home and as soon as you hear back from them i want you to add the shipping cost to the cost of the product and email me the final total so that I can make the final payment for you to proceed with this order ok Thank you and I will be waiting to read from you Again.
Regards.
Rev. Brain Moore

NOTE:YOU CAN CALL ME ON THIS NUMBER ANYTIME :912-228-5846 AND ALSO EMAIL ME BACK WITH YOUR CONTACT NUMBERS SO THAT I CAN GET IN TOUCH WITH YOU AS WELL.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:17 pm 

Please read the following from the bottom up because I just copied all the communication from my e-mail and pasted here.

I hope this will help to stop this scam!

Eduardo

Scam:

Rev. Fred Wilson
South Africa
+23 32 4544 3740 cell
rev.wilson00@yahoo.com

Sent: Tuesday, August 19, 2008 3:52 PM
To: 'rev.wilson00@yahoo.com'
Subject: RE: FW: Granite proposal

Rev. Wilson,

If you could, please kindly submit the shipping company’s address and phone number so I can contact them.
The granite was already sent to fabrication and will be shipped as early as this coming Friday, August 22.

I would like to thank you in advance for choosing our company to help you serve the Orphanage.

I am waiting for your instructions in order to proceed with the shipping.

Thanks again,

Eduardo

Sent: Tuesday, August 19, 2008 1:36 PM
Subject: Re: FW: Granite proposal

Hello Eduardo
Thank you very much for submitting the quote to me I want you to know that is the correct price and informations i needed and i want you to know I am sending this order to an orphanage home in South Africa so I want to recommend you to a shipping that will come to your location and pick this up and then send it to the orphans in South Africa I want you to contact this shipping company with your location address and then the total weight of the products along with the orphans home address below.

DELIVERY ADDRESS.

Name of shippers: Gem Shipping Company

E-mail:Gemshippingcom_ltd@cooltoad.com OR Gemshippers@aol.com

Contact Person: Jane Lee.

I want you to go ahead and send an email the shipping company with the following informations.

Please kindly email the shippers those informations and ask them how much it will cost for them to come to your location and pick this up and then deliver it to the orphans home and as soon as you hear back from them i want you to add the shipping cost to the cost of the product and email me the final total so that I can make the final payment for you to proceed with this order ok Thank you and I will be waiting to read from you Again.Thank you very much and God Bless you for Helping the Orphans.
Regards.
Rev Fred Wilson

--- On Tue, 8/19/08, Eduardo Costa wrote:

Subject: FW: Granite proposal
To: rev.wilson00@yahoo.com
Date: Tuesday, August 19, 2008, 4:21 PM

Hello Rev. Wilson ,

I updated the proposal for two of each of the island tops and it is attached below.

The prices quoted here are for pick up only, as mentioned on your first quote request. Please be advised that we do not ship overseas but I will be glad to refer you to a freight company if needed.
You may contact me at your convenience at 770 527 xxxx.

Thank you,

Eduardo

PROPOSAL

Submitted to:

Rev. Fred Wilson
South Africa
rev.wilson00@yahoo.com
Payment Terms: FULL UPON CONTRACT
Date: 8/18/2008

Big Island

2 - 40" × 80" Granite Absolute Black 3cm

2 - 20 Lin. ft. Edge Profile 1/2 Bullnose

Small Island

2 - 34" × 74" Granite Absolute Black 3cm

2 - 18 Lin. ft. Edge Profile 1/2 Bullnose

Total
$3,998.29

Sent: Tuesday, August 19, 2008 12:12 PM
To: eduardo
Subject: FW: Granite proposal

Eduardo, this job has been assigned to you.
Please advice.

Sent: Tuesday, August 19, 2008 8:34 AM
To: Southern Stone Surfaces
Subject: Re: Granite proposal

Eduardo

Thank you for the email and i appreciate that very much. Actually i will like to order for 2 each of the counter tops. Due to my calculation the total cost cost summed up to $3,998..28. I don't really know if that correctly match with you calculation. If yes please let me know so that i can provide you with the shipping information.

Regards
Rev Fred Wilson

Sent: Monday, August 18, 2008 1:07 PM
To: 'rev.wilson00@yahoo.com'
Subject: Granite proposal

Hello Rev. Wilson ,

Below is the proposal for the tops you requested.
Please call your sales rep direct if you have any questions.
The person assigned to your project is:

Eduardo Costa
770 527 xxxx

Thank you for your inquiry,
Southern Stone Surfaces
Sales Team
SouthernStoneSurfaces.com

PROPOSAL

Submitted to:
Rev. Fred Wilson
South Africa
rev.wilson00@yahoo.com
Payment Terms: FULL UPON CONTRACT

Big Island

1 - 40" × 80" Granite Absolute Black 3cm

1 - 20 Lin. ft. Edge Profile 1/2 Bullnose

Small Island

1 - 34" × 74" Granite Absolute Black 3cm

1 - 18 Lin. ft. Edge Profile 1/2 Bullnose

Total
$1,999.14

Sent: Monday, August 18, 2008 9:10 AM
Subject: Special Counter Tops Order

Hello Owner,

My name is Rev.Fred Wilson and i want to make an order of Counter top .I
will like you to get back to me as soon as you with the pick up price of
the following models and sizes;

Finish: polished

Thickness :3cm

Absolute Black Island 34 X 74 with 3/4" Half Bull nose
Absolute Black Island 40 X 80 with 3/4" Half Bull nose

Also let me know the types you have in stock now if you do not have the
stated models ok.Let me know how long it will take you to order that for
me if you are ordering them for me.Let me know the types of credit cards
you do accept now as forms of payment.God bless you and let me hear from
you soon.Also i will like you to know that these will be picked up from
your shop and then shipped to an orphanage Home in South Africa.

Regards............
Rev Fred Wilson

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:06 pm 

This is the same exact scam to two different granite fabricators in the US. I hope this guy is stopped in his tracks please use his phone # to find him as he supplied 912-228-5846 and I found it does correspond to a land line in Savannah GA.

1st contact is Rev Brain Moore <rev_brain23@yahoo.com>
2nd contact shipping company: Customer Services Seaway shippers Ltd <seawayshippers001@chemist.com>
3rd contact apparent accountant to wire money to:
First Name: Ayuba.
Last Name: Abdallah.
Address: 464 Kanda Highway Street.
City: Accra
Zip code: 00233.
State: Accra.

Western Union has been notified. But please don't fall for this BS!!!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:38 am 
Site Admin/Co-Founder

I wonder if there would be a good way to get this information out to other granite fabricators?

Share your story with the media and educate others about scams! Details here http://scamvictimsunited.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=6319
Sign our petition http://www.change.org/actions/view/crea ... s_programs
Follow our blog http://scamvictimsunited.wordpress.com/
Find us on Twitter, Facebook and more http://www.retaggr.com/page/ShawnMosch

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:35 pm 

The current incarnation:

Sent: Tue 8/19/2008 12:28 PM
To: XXX
Subject: DELIVERY INFORMATION.

Hello XXX,
Thank you very much for submitting the quote to me I want you to know that is the correct price and informations i needed and i want you to know I am sending this order to an orphans home in South Africa so I want to recommend you to a shipping that will come to your location and pick this up and then send it to the orphans in South Africa I want you to contact this shipping company with your location address and then the total weight of the products along with the orphans home address below.

DELIVERY ADDRESS.

Name of shippers: Seaway Shipping Company Ltd.

E-mail: seawayshippers001@chemist.com

Please kindly email the shippers those informations and ask them how much it will cost for them to come to your location and pick this up and then deliver it to the orphans home and as soon as you hear back from them i want you to add the shipping cost to the cost of the product and email me the final total so that I can make the final payment for you to proceed with this order ok Thank you and I will be waiting to read from you Again.
Regards.
Walter Smith.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 5:07 pm 

The current incarnation:

----- Original Message ----
To: XXXX
Sent: Monday, 22 September, 2008 6:26:50 AM
Subject: Re: Order
Hello ,
Thank you very much for submitting the quote to me I want you to know that is the correct price and information i needed and i want you to know I am sending this order to an orphans home in South Africa so I want to recommend you to a shipping that will come to your location and pick this up and then send it to the orphans in South Africa I want you to contact this shipping company with your location address and then the Size and Quantities of the products along with the orphans home address below.

DELIVERY ADDRESS.

And also below is the contact information for the shipping company.
SHIPPERS CONTACT INFORMATION
Name of shippers: Faith Cargo Shipping Company Ltd.

E-mail: faithcargoshippers@deliveryman.com

I want you to go ahead and send an email to the shipping company with the following information.

3. Size and Quantities of the Product.

Please kindly email the shippers those information and ask them how much it will cost for them to come to your location and pick this up and then deliver it to the orphans home and as soon as you hear back from them i want you to add the shipping cost to the cost of the product and email me the final total so that I can make the final payment for you to proceed with this order ok Thank you and I will be waiting to read from you Again.

Regards.
Mary Sam

Only now they are not only targeting granite fabricators but also other home improvement stores...

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 5:14 pm 

i want to thank your posts, otherwise i would have fallen for the scam. I thought it was a geniune order until the person got to the orphans part, really low. Got me thinking...why would an orphanage order from another country, when it would be so much more expensive then if they purchased it from locally?
Once again thank you!!

Post subject: Please follow this story, (PART 1 of 3)
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 4:25 pm 

Sent: Friday, September 26, 2008 4:32 PM
To: sales@granitecompany.com
Subject: ORDER..
Hello Owner,
My name is Edward Moore and i will need you to fabricate some counter tops for me and as soon as it is done and paid for it will be picked up from your locations okay so i will need you to get back to me with the total quote for the following counter tops without installation but i need the total cost with tax only ok i will handle the installation my self. This is what I need.

Finish: polished Thickness :3cm
Color: Black Galaxy Absolute Black Island 34 X 74 with 3/4" Half Bullnose
Absolute Black Island 40 X 80 with 3/4" Half Bullnose

Okay I will like to order those and i will handle the installation my self okay i will need you to get back to me with the pick up price for the two counter tops okay. Also what types of credit card do you accept? I will be looking forward to your reply ASAP.
Thank You For The Time.
Edward Moore.

Subject: RE: ORDER..
To: "'Edward Moore'" <edward_moore40@yahoo.com>
Date: Friday, September 26, 2008, 6:36 PM
Hello Mr. Moore ,
Thank you for your inquiry.
As per our company policy, we require for the payment to be made in advance for any projects that will be picked up from the warehouse. Please either send us your credit card information and we will proceed.
Thank you,
Granite Company
Sales Team
http://www. xxxxxxxxxxx. com

Sent: Monday, September 29, 2008 12:17 PM
To: Granite Company
Subject: RE: ORDER..

Thank you for the Feedback and i will like to know the total cost so that i can give you my Credit Card Information for the Charges also i will be recommending you with a freight company that will come to your location for the pick up.Awaiting for your feedback.please advise.

Regards.

Edward Moore.

Date: Monday, September 29, 2008, 11:46 AM

Quote Name:
Edward Moore Submited to:
Edward Moore Payment Terms:
FULL UPON CONTRACT Quote Date:
9/29/2008

Bigger Island
1 - 40" × 80" Granite Absolute Black 3cm

1 - 20 Lin. ft. Edge Profile 1/2 Bullnose
Smaller Island
1 - 34" × 74" Granite Absolute Black 3cm

1 - 18 Lin. ft. Edge Profile 1/2 Bullnose
Subtotal $3,822.74

Subtotal $2,252.66
Tax (7%) $157.69
Non-Taxable Subtotal $1,570.08
Total $3,980.43

Sent: Monday, September 29, 2008 8:34 PM
Subject: Deliviry Information.

Dear Mr.Carlos,
Thanks for your patience.The Counter tops I am purchasing is for my orphanage homes in Kumasi Ghana and i will like you to contact a shipping company with the total weight of the Counter tops and your Address and ask them for the shipping cost.The email for the shipping company is:

Freight Company Details.
Freight Company Name::EXPRESS CARGO LTD
Freight Company Email Address::expresscargoltd@gmail.com

Email them and ask them for the shipping cost to the orphanage homes in Accra Ghana.Country code 00233.Ask when they can pickup,what needs to be done before they pick up and their Method of Payment.I was on a flight as at the time I contacted you and as at that moment,I was thinking I could come get that Flyers picked..Unfortunately I will be staying a little longer than expected..Make sure to email them the weight and address to be shipped from to get an accurate freight quote.Email me a total of the freight and I will email my credit card info for payment.Thanks and i am really looking forward to having a successful business with you.
Regards.........
Rev.Edward Moore
Let me know immediately you email them and get a price.Here is the

delivery address.
Osu Orphanage homes
C/O Rev Paul Jewell
66 Slave Street
Kumasi .. Ghana ...00233.

May God bless you abundantly for the wonderful customer service rendered.
Thanks
Rev.Edward Moore

Subject: RE: Deliviry Information.
To: edward_moore40@yahoo.com
Date: Monday, September 29, 2008, 8:15 PM
Mr. Carlos?
Where did you get that name?
We do not have any Carlos working here!!!

Sent: Tuesday, September 30, 2008 1:20 PM

Well am sorry i think that is your name so can you please get back to me with you name and also have you contacted the freight company to get me the shipping charges

NEXT:

E-MAILING SHIPPING COMPANY FOR CHARGES!!!

Post subject: Please follow this story (Part 2 of 3)
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 4:35 pm 

E-MAILING SHIPPING COMPANY FOR CHARGES

Sent: Tuesday, September 30, 2008 2:42 PM
To: 'expresscargoltd@gmail.com'
Subject: FW: Deliviry Information.

Please send me shipping charges for the product listed below.
All addresses are also listed on previous e-mails.
The total weight is 530Kg.

Thank you.

Sent: Tuesday, September 30, 2008 7:29 PM
Subject: Freight Quotes.

Attn::Dear Customer,

Thank you for your interest in using Express Cargo Company Ltd for your shipping needs.We've checked on shipping weight approx.530Kg.... from Main Street, Atlanta, GA 30341, to Delivered to address in Kumasi- Ghana and the shipping cost is $1,650.00 US Dollars.Shipping Charges includes the following charges from your location of pick up:

International Airway Taxes(I.A.T).
Tarrif's and Custom's Clearance Duties

Express Cargo Company Ltd, takes approximately 7 days for delivery from the day of pick-up.And moreover our company policy is to to receive payment from the location of pickup.Payment should be made from where we will be picking up the Units. We accept Western Union Money Transfers Only at the moment for shipment so as to make arrangements and have everything ready on time.However, we will need to have a date that you will like to have this unit picked.The only method of payment we accept is via Western Union Money Transfer to our financial manager in the delivery location.If you wish to proceed with this shipment, at the we would require that you make the Western Union ( http://www.western union.com ) payment to our financial manager in your delivery location to the address below:

FINANCIAL MANAGER
Name : Haruna Ali
Address : 32 Roughmoore Road,
City: : Accra
Zip code : 00233

As soon as funds have been transferred and retrieved by our Headquarters, we will also require that you provide us with the following information below for confirmation on Pick Up and Shipment Confirmation via the Email asap:

PAYMENT INFORMATION:
1. Sender's Name
2. Total Amount Sent
3. MTCN #
4. Test Question
5. Test Question Answer

As soon as payment is confirmed by our financial manager in the delivery location we would then contact you to give us a specific date and time for us to come for the pick-up. You can contact us back anytime you need anything.We look forward to serving you to your fullest satisfaction.

Thank You and Your's Sincerely
Haruna Ali
Freight and Logistics Manager,
Express Cargo Ltd.

Sent: Wednesday, October 01, 2008 9:59 AM

Good Day.
Am still waiting to know if you did contacted the Freight company to get me the shipping Charges and also let me know your name as well okay,get back to me Asap so that we can proceed with the Order.Awaiting for your feedback.

THE E-MAIL LISTED ABOVE FROM THE SHIPPING COMPANY WAS FORWARDED TO MR. MOORE HERE

Sent: Wednesday, October 01, 2008 10:36 AM
Subject: Re: FW: Freight Quotes.

Thank you for the email back and i will like to know if you read and understand what the shipping company said and also i will like to know if you can make the payment to them Because they said they only accept payment from where the Unit will be pick up so let me know and also fine me the Western Union fee for sending them the payment and calculate with the total cost of the Counter tops and get back to me as soon as possible so that i can give you my Credit Card information for the total Charges and also i will still want to know your name Because i call and someone pick up the phone and i can't hear the person so get back to me Asap.Awaiting for your Feedback.please advise.

Regards.

Edward Moore.

Subject: RE: FW: Freight Quotes.
To: edward_moore40@yahoo.com
Date: Wednesday, October 1, 2008, 9:40 AM
We cannot proceed any further without payment. Please provide credit card info.
Money will be wired after card has been charged.
Thank you,
A. Jones

Sent: Thursday, October 02, 2008 9:53 AM
Subject: Credit card Information..

Hello Jones,

Thank you for the email but am sorry for the delay. As at now i will like to provide you with my Credit card information for the total charges.

First Card..
Name On Card.................. Edward Moore
Card Type ....................... Master Card
Acct # ......................... 5491 2372 2191 7316
Expiry Date ..............07/2010
Cvv.....................316

Second Card...
Name On Card.................. Edward Moore
Card Type ....................... Master Card
Acct # ......................... 5491 2372 2191 5427
Expiry Date .............. 07 / 2010
Cvv.....................427

I will like to you to proceeds the charges on this card and get back to me with the Authorization codes so that we can proceed.
Regards
Edward Moore

Sent: Thursday, October 02, 2008 3:05 PM

Am still waiting to know if you did Run my Credit Card Information for the total charges let me know Asap.

Sent: Thursday, October 02, 2008 3:37 PM
To: 'edward_moore40@yahoo.com'

Your card was already charged for the amount of $5.630.43 plus 3% administration fee. Total charge is $5799.34
Material will be ready for pickup on Monday, October 06, 2008 and you can sign the credit card slip upon pick up.

Thank you for choosing our company!

A. Jones
Sent: Thursday, October 02, 2008 3:42 PM

Hello Mr.A. Jones,
Thank you ver much for the Feedback and i will like to know when will you make the payment to the Freight Company and also have you contact them that you will be making the payment to them??Why when i call you and no one was picking up the phone,Well let me know the Approval code and the date that the payment will be made for the to come on Monday, October 06, 2008 for the pick up.Awaiting for your Feedback.Please Advise.

Regards.

Edward Moore.

PART 3, THE FUNNY ONE WILL FOLLOW NEXT!!!

Post subject: Part 3 of 3
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 4:50 pm 

100% CUSTOMER SATISFACTION!!!

Sent: Thursday, October 02, 2008 5:40 PM

I will personally wire the money tomorrow.
For now, you can track your project and also see new future postings online at this link:

http://www.scamvictimsunited.com/phpBB2 ... 86&p=15785

Thank you for chosing our company!

With Love,

A. Jones

Here are the phone numbers used by Edward Moore

Edward Moore
2332 4554 3740
2332 4877 1038
678 365 0050 cell (FROM ATLANTA)
324 877 1038
324 544 3740
edward_moore40@yahoo.com

Thanks for reading!!!

Post subject: And the saga continues...
PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:59 pm 

Sent: Friday, October 03, 2008 6:06 AM

Thank you for the email and i don't understand what is going on can you please let me know what you mean by the link as am confused???

Sent: Friday, October 03, 2008 3:58 PM

Can you tell me something now?

Sent: Friday, October 03, 2008 4:48 PM
Subject: RE: Our last communication

We have no further interest in dealing with you, Mr. Edward Moore, or any of your associates..
The best thing we can offer right now; is a referral to a friend of ours who would love to deal with you.
Please contact them at your earliest convenience.

U.S. Government Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI ATLANTA)
2635 Century Pkwy NE
Atlanta, GA 30345
(404) 679-9000
http://www.fbi.gov

Oh, I almost forgot...
Thanks again for trying to scam our company one more time!

A. Jones
Sales Manager

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:52 pm 
Site Admin/Co-Founder

ehc751vs1,
I LOVE your "referral" comment sending the scammer to the FBI . . . that was great!

Share your story with the media and educate others about scams! Details here http://scamvictimsunited.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=6319
Sign our petition http://www.change.org/actions/view/crea ... s_programs
Follow our blog http://scamvictimsunited.wordpress.com/
Find us on Twitter, Facebook and more http://www.retaggr.com/page/ShawnMosch

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:15 pm 

I just had a gentleman by the name of Mr Kelvin Smith email me regarding a bulk order of printer cartridges. In the initial email he also enquired about sprinklers???? At this point the red flag went up. I gave him a price, via email for the cartridges.
He followed the email up with a phone call. I couldnt understand what he was saying except for the part about shipping to Sth Africa. I told him I did not understand what he wanted me to do. Mr Kelvin Smith then told me he would email me the shipping details.
In this email was the requested delivery address. The address was for 'South African Charity Homes and Orphans'.
Now, I know its a sad world we live in when the red flags come up as soon as orphanages are mentioned, but I googled the shipping address and your website came up with the same address.
I thankyou very very much for sharing all your information. It has stopped me from being duped. I am a fairly generous and trusting person and probably would have gone ahead with the sale.
Once again, thankyou all for sharing
Craig McDonald

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:53 pm 

Here's yet another variation of the scam:

name: Marry Jerry
company: Marry and Sons Company Limited
email: marryjerry95@gmail.com
phone: 512-377-6717

"Hello,
Good day"" My name is Marry Jerry with the Marry and Sons Company Limited and I am sending you an email regarding an order of some Frameless shower door ..I will like you to e-mail me back with the types that you have now and the price range for them each and also what types of credit card do you accept? Let me know asap.

Thank you
Marry Jerry"

"Hello xxxx
Thanks for the feedback,I want to order a Block Size : 36" x 36".Can you please email me with the price for each of that size of the glass.
Thanks
Mary Jay"

"Hello xxxx
Good and as you can see i am Donating this to an Orphanage home so i will like you to mail me with the sizes of the hinges that you do have also mail me with the total price and that will be pick up from your location again what method of payment do you accept....Looking forward to hear from you

Thank you
Marry Jerry"

Once I gave her/him the total charge this B.S. email was sent:

"Hello ,
Thank you very much for submitting the quote to me I want you to know that is the correct price and informations i needed and i want you to know I am sending this order to an orphans home in South Africa so I want to recommend you to a shipping that will come to your location and pick this up and then send it to the orphans in South Africa I want you to contact this shipping company with your location address and then the total Size and Quantity of the products along with the orphans home address below.

DELIVERY ADDRESS.

Name of shippers: Faith Shipping Company Ltd.

E-mail: faithcargoshippers@deliveryman.com

3.Size and Quantity of the Product.

Please kindly email the shippers those informations and ask them how much it will cost for them to come to your location and pick this up and then deliver it to the orphans home and as soon as you hear back from them i want you to add the shipping cost to the cost of the product and email me the final total so that I can make the final payment for you to proceed with this order ok Thank you and I will be waiting to read from you Again.

Regards.
Marry"

I searched on google for the orphanage's address (because "street Ave" doesn't make sense) and thankfully found this forum, scamvictimsunited.com. I then asked Marry to send her phone number and address. Here's the reply:

"Hello xxxx
My contact number is 5123776717 and i will like you to contact the shipper that will come to your location and pick it up and as soon as you contact them let me know the charge so that i can make payment with my master card

Thank you
Marry"

I called the number and an automated message said that the number has been switched off or is outside my coverage area. I've asked Marry again to send her address. I'll update this post if she replies.

My company is located in Canada; does anyone have any suggestions of where I can send this information?

Thank you.