ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:05 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Did i do something wrong????
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 5:44 pm 

Hi. I was on msn.com (my home page) last night. There was this ad on there that said find out how old you really are. I clicked on it, and answered some of the information. They wanted my name, weight, height, age, where I lived, and if I had any thing wrong with me. I went to turn the page, and my screen went blank. I am not sure what happened. Now I am getting weird emailes. one from: goodjob@sccc.co.th, and another from: nadeau@webdeseyen.com both said suprise! the joke's on you, and all fools day Does anyone know what this might be, am I screwed, or how do I get rid of it?? Thanks..

Post subject: Re: Did i do something wrong????
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:41 am 

Sounds like you may have downloaded a virus or trojan from that site you visited.... If you have an antivirus run it to see what comes up.... sometimes restoring to an earlier point "may" help although that doesn't always work.... or if you cannot get rid of it at all you'll need to do a reformat of your computer which will "totally" erase everything on your hard drive and reinstall your OS to the factory settings.... you'll lose everything so back up what you want to keep first.... this should be the last thing you do but it "will" get rid of the problem(s).