ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:08 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Timeshare Travels in Boca Raton, FL
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:30 am 

Any news on Timeshare Travels out of Boca Raton, FL ? This company wants $789 upfront to list your timeshare w/ results of sell usually w/i 90 days. If not sold in 90 days they will extend to 180 no charge. If after 180 days and not sold, u get a $1000 shopping spree. Thanks to anyone that can help us.

Post subject: Re: Timeshare Travels in Boca Raton, FL
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:58 am 

>> If after 180 days and not sold, u get a $1000 shopping spree

That is not correct. I have a copy of a Blank agreement from Timeshare Travels. Under the additional terms and conditions, Section 3. "Timeshare Travels has made no representation to an exact timeframe in which my timeshare/campground will be sold. This agreement will renew automatically after 90 (ninety) days at the expense of Timeshare Travels for 9 (nine) additional months or until the job completes. After the one year marketing term has concluded it may be renewed at the request of the customer within 30 days of the contracts completion at no additional charge. I understand the choice to discontinue advertising does not entitle me to a refund. If I have not received any acceptable offers in 180 days Timeshare Travels will send me a FREE PROMOTIONAL GIFT (only for full advertising fee)".

So there is no shopping spree !!!! It almost sounds like it could "expire after 1 year" if you fail to renew it (at no additional cost). Then it would be all over, no sale, no money, no refund, NADA !

I'm sure you all can come up with ideas about the FREE PROMOTIONAL GIFT

Mark

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:31 pm 

Mark, do you work for Timeshare Travels? My husband and I have recently been contacted by these people and they literally called me 10 times in one day trying to get us to sell with them. The first item on the list was the fact that they would be able to sell our timeshare in 90 DAYS! If they did not sell it in 90 DAYS they would be sending us 300 dollar gas cards and 300 dollar grocery cards to use! I was also told that they have European clientel that would buy our Bluegreen shares in a minute! She kept pushing me to give her my chargecard so she could "get my timeshare on the floor tonight!" My husband and I refused asking that she send us the contract and she stated it was on their website. I still refused and stated I would do nothing until they sent the contract and we could look it over. Thanks for letting me know what is on it as we will not be going with this company to sell our timeshare now that I know what is really on it. By the way, they are now asking $1799.00 to sell your timeshare..... Donna

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:02 pm 

BUYERS BE AWARE! TIMESHARE TRAVELS IS A SCAM. THEY WERE JUST FINED BY THE STATE OF FLORIDA THRU THE ATTORNEY GENERALS OFFICE IN THE AMOUNT OF $190,000 AND AN ADDITIONAL $70,000 THAT WAS PAID OUT TO VICTIMS OF THESE DECEITFUL PEOPLE.

DO NOT GET SUCKED IN BY THEIR LIES! THEY WILL ONLY TAKE YOUR MONEY AND RUN!!! IF YOU ALREADY PAID THESE PEOPLE CALL YOUR CREDIT CARD COMPANY TO DISPUTE THEM!!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:34 pm 

Thanks to those who posted on this site about Timeshare Travels located in Boca Raton, Florida. As a result of a Google search I found this site and read about the Attorney General (Florida) penalizing them $260,000. The guy who called me (Steve Solomon) claimed to know about a timeshare I own in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico. He claimed to have buyers willing to pay $1800/week for 5 weeks (which I have available to rent). However after saying Timeshare Travels was the only "authorized reseller" for the Sheraton Buganvilias Resort, he asked for $795 to cover their fees. I informed him about this web site and his response was "anyone can say anything on the Internet". Then he disappeared and was replaced immediately by a supervisor claiming to have worked for 9 years at the company and he was completely unaware of any penalty. When I told him there was no way I would ever pay anyone upfront to rent my timeshare weeks he became abusive, saying I would eventually end up the victim of fraud, etc. So I hung up on him.

Be aware there is a legitimate company called Timeshare Travel based out of Salt Lake City. On their web site is a disclaimer saying the Florida company is abusing their name. There is no connection between the two companies.

I purchased the Mexico timeshare for personal use and as a long term investment. I have used timeshares for 15+ years.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:52 pm 

Anybody know how I can get my money back? I lost $1599 to Timeshare Travles and have yet to be compensated. This happened in 2008 and my visa company denied my dispute! I have been fighting this ever since. Needless to say, I have also been paying on the David Walleys timeshare that I can't use!