Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:17 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 2 scams came to us in Oregon
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 8:09 pm 

[b]
Hi everyone. The most recent one is Imperial Lottery Management, Inc
that is located in Canada. I have seen other posts on this. They promise $2,900 something, which is to cover "international taxes" and that the balance will be sent to you as soon as the check clears and that you call back, "with further instructions" from them. Just like other people, I called (yep, I was curious) and got a recorded message that the mailbox was full. I tried a day or two later and got some dreary male, who was borderline defensive. When I told him my thoughts, including that Imperial Lotto was a scam and were they related to them, he said "You are the very first person who has said this, and I am not going to get into an arguement..." As a counselor myself, I simply told this sluggish voiced scamcreep that I was only pointing out my investigation. He jumped into saying "Did you deposit the check into your account?"...and before I could answer he said "Good that you deposited it, it should clear by Tuesday." Obviously, that was incorrect. My bank and I exchanged amused looks and we went ahead and deposited it, and we filled out the proper filing paperwork in the holding of the funds, and I stated that I would be doing some investigating and reporting of this Imperial Lotto Management, Inc organization that is stationed out of Canada. I did get a letter from my bank, and a charge from my bank for $5 dollars for returning the check. I also called by phone, and contact by email, to the bank that the check was written against...and it seems the bank is valid. Even the person at the bank that check was drawn on seemed cranky. They wanted me to make additional calls, some of which were long distance, just like the one to Canada to this fake lottery place, to report my suspicions. I told the US bank that I do not have the time, and told them "So what you are saying, it seems to me, is that you are unwilling to proceed with proper reporting." I eventually heard the woman say that she might try to contact her colleagues. I think she was worthless.

THE OTHER SCAM IS:
S&M Auto-Mobile
They are out of Manchester, England.
Soug Mischa (last name spelling is possibly incorrect)
Avon Walker
and some man or woman named Laurel (or Lauren).
They were responding to an ad I placed in Craig's List for jewelry.
They emails were full of deplorable spelling and sentence structure, and I even got a sob story that one of their collegue's wife was in a car wreck and that is why they hadn't been in contact with me to purchase three rings. The (supposed) wife eventually died, so they said.
Their correspondence with me went on for a couple of months.
Then they said in order for them to process the check for full purchase of the three rings (that they were so very interested in) that I would have to submit to them a check in the amount of $150 US dollars. They gave me an option of $130 US dollars but that would take a longer time to process. And the money would have to be wired via Western Union.

PLEASE BE AWARE OF THESE TWO SCAMS:

IMPERIAL LOTTERY MANAGEMENT, INC (IN CANADA)

and

S & M AUTO-MOBILE.

Sincerely,
Ms.C

[/b]