ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 5:13 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Capital Collect Inc
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 6:43 am 

Hi, my life is in the total ruin since a few months. Living in France, I lost my job last year in Sept. (IT) and was contacted over Monster.com by a company called Capital Collect. Now I know that it was a scam! The job I was supposed to due for this US (?) firm was to collect funds for their clients on my account and then pass them on to the company. After a few transfers arrived the Director of the Bank here in France and myself noticed something was wrong so the account was blocked and the funds sent back to the clients (I DID NOT TAKE 1 USD in COMMISSIONS). Now I am under investigation by the french Gendarme National ( the french answer to the FBI) and had to appear for rough questioning 3 times up to date! I am beeing charged as the man behind the fraud since the only contact the police have here is me and the funds went to my account. I do not speak the language and I am not permitted to leave the country at the moment so if ANYONE here was in a similar situation with the above mentioned company and undertook some steps and have advise for me, PLEASE foward it on! I do not know what to do anymore and I am scared shitless to be prosecuted for something were I am a victim myself. I thank you all out there for any advice or info and yes I know now how stupid it was of me to take the "job"!

Thanks,

Mark

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 7:08 am 
Gold Member

Mark,

Have you got legal representation in France?
If not, get a French lawyer quick!

You were involved in the fraud, so you can't be surprised that the police are pursuing you, even though it's obvious to us you were the victim of the scam.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 9:22 am 

maninthestreet is absolutely right!!!! DO not agttempt to handle police and courts yoursel,f. Get an attorney to help you asap in this issue.

The problem is that many police departments no matter where they are , are presented with a criminal complaint and do not look outside the box, they do not see the potential for it being a scam and you being the victim of a scam. The way these scams are designed they make YOU the fall guy, they make YOU look guilty of FRAUD, and ultimately it is YOU who takes the fall if a criminal complaint is filed.

There is help in this situation but you have to be willing to do what it takes to cooperate and take the necessary steps in dealing with this. If you are on the run that just makes you look guilty.

PM me and I can lead you to help resources that can intervene and give you guidance.

Post subject: more info ?
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 12:57 am 

anybody have any more info about this ?

http://forum.aa419.org/viewtopic.php?t=5690