ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:15 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Hyperhardwaresl
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 5:56 am 

Thanks guys for the info on http://www.hyperhardwaresl.com.I am now 100 percent sure that they are a scam.Would also mind doing some checks on http://www.chinavasion.com for me.

Thank you

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 6:26 am 
Gold Member

Possibly not a scam:

"Please do not send cash.
Please do not send cheques or money orders.
Please do not email us details of bank accounts or credit cards.
We cannot accept Western Union money transfers.
There is no use asking us about other online payment systems such as Moneybookers or Nochex, because we are really inflexible and no fun at all."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 6:36 am 

regarding hyperhardware sl:

do you guys think paypal will be able to reverse the payment i made to them? according to them, the recipient is a verified member. who do i have to speak to about that?

i've logged a case but now i have to wait for the seller's reply, but i don't think that's gonna happen any time soon...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 9:14 am 

i have just received my refund from them guys. Do you guys think hyperhardwaresl are scammers?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 9:43 am 

Hi - I ordered off these guys also

After reading here I filed a dispute with paypal and was refunded within 30 mins - I don't know if they are scammers but my product definitely hadn't beed dispatched

Cheers
JB

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 9:46 am 

Think its too good to be true. Their prices were like 30 - 40% cheaper than usual. Somebody from spain should try going to their office to in malaga to make sure. LoL :D

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 12:56 am 

I have just brought an 60 gb video ipod yesterday paying by paypal but after reading these posts Im concered i my have been scammed :cry: . I went to have another look at their website this morning entering the website name in goggle and hit enter, this is what came up. Apache/1.3.36 Server at http://www.hyperhardwaresl.com Port 80. Now... im not sure what this means but I noticed that the webpage had been updated today the 01 06. Could anyone tell me what this means, is it an explorer error or has the site has been removed . I would appreciate a prompt responce as I may need to take immediate action to stop the payment if its a scam.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 1:01 am 

Seems like either their site got suspended or they closed down the site. IMO open a dispute with paypal and try and get your money back for the time being and see how it goes, its still not too late.
See if the site goes back up or not within the next few days.

Post subject: hyperhardware
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 1:09 am 

It seems like everyone who complians does get their money beck, so dont stress too hard. But if by some chance you DO get your ipod:P You let us know! Cos then Im buying up hard!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 1:15 am 

One thing that i found pretty suspicious was that their website was created on 19-may-2006 (correct me if i am wrong) and on their website they stated that they provide free shipping during their promotional period which was between 1st Jan 2006 - 1 July 2006 (probably to give potential buyers the picture that the site has been around for some time). The dates just doesnt make sense as the start date of the promotion is 5 months earlier than the registeration of the site. :shock:

Just my opinion. Cheers

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 3:01 am 

Just checked my paypal acc and the payment is not cleared untill the 11th. so I informed paypal of my concerns and requested they do a background check, also informed them to cancel the transfer and I have done the same with my bank. It's so dishearting when this happens, it would put anyone off buying from the net. I think 3rd partys like paypal should run checks on the companys that use their services, after all it's good pr for them and would save them costs in the long run when it comes to fraudulant companys and customers applying for refunds.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 2:54 am 

I need more opinions on http://www.chinavasion.com.Has anyone ever ordered and received goods from them.Please help I need to supply an order

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 11:45 pm 

I too have been scammed by hyperlinksl.com. I brought a phone and never received it. I opened up a dispute claim from paypal. I am waiting to see if I get my money back.

Post subject: hyperhardwaresl.com
PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 5:07 pm 

:( hi folks i have also been scammed by hyperhardware, i ordered a 60 gig ipod back in late june but realised after they had taken the payment through paypal that it was a scam , i never received the goods and then there web site vanished never to be found again.
i have lodged a complaint through paypal and they have found in my favour but because there paypal account has no funds in it i will never get my money back , so much for paypals protection this is the first and hopefully the last time i get scammed its not nice.

Post subject: long time doing business with chinavasion...
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 9:04 am 

hi, I'm Davide from the cold Piedmont, italy by now :(, anyway I'm a really satisfied customer of chinavasion wholesale.

I've bought many object for personal use and I've made many orders for my customers via dropshipment... all worked fine... always.

So I can CONFIRM that those guys are serious and good persons to start business with.

Even if customs in Eu are really strict right now for products coming from Orient and in particular from China, tax/duties + shipment make products no so business-able, my margin is really really strict... about 10%, not really high, anyway service is good, at least until today.
Never had to refund or use warranty for their products, they also give you resource for firmware upgrades (not always) and other small tricks.