ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Mon May 20, 2024 11:33 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Used as the middle person for a bank fraud
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 5:24 pm 

This fraud started when I was in need of money. I posted a profile on Babysitter.com A month went by and I recieved an email from a mother. By the name of Sarah Smith. Telling me that she was needing a babysitter for her 3 year old daughter. We emailed each other back and forth. She told me she was off on a cruise and she wanted to pay me, so I would believe her about the babysitting job. She asked me to open a Wells Fargo Account and she would transferr money. Which I believed her and I openned the account. After that she asked me to do her a favor. She was needing to pay off some companies. She was going to transferr money to my account and I had to wire it to another country Western Union. Which once again I did. I believed everything she said. Now Wells Fargo is telling me it was a fraud. Money was taken from another Wells Fargo account and transferred to mine. There was never a Sarah Smith.Now Wells Fargo is telling me that I have to pay the money back. Wells Fargo has the worst customer service. They have been disrespectfull and mean. Nobody seems to be helping me. Not even the police department. And first of all the reason why I got myself involved in this was because my husband is in the military he broke his back and we are short in money. Is there anyone that can help me. I really need advice. Can I do something so I dont have to pay Wells Fargo. If you dont understand my posting please email me. Thanks :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 3:53 am 
Gold Member

How did this scam work? - you say money was transferred into your bank account from another account with the same bank. So the money in the other account must have been 'real', otherwise the transfer would not have been processed by the bank?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 6:24 am 

I'm just guessing here but I think the way this one works is for the scammer to get another persons information and combine the two scams. Like having one person transfer the money into an account according to the scammers instructions for the purpose of paying whatever they say the one owes. I imagine it is like the check scams going on where they say a person from the U.S owes them money and will be sending checks. I could be totally off base here but it could be they are moving into wire transfers as long as they receive their payoff by Western Union. A little different here with the wire transfer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 4:55 pm 

This is pretty much like a counterfeit check scam but the difference is it is being done with money wire instead. Which now also brings it into the Wire Fraud category.

If you owe your bank you have to pay them back its that simple, callng the Work Out department and making a payment arrangement with them is the best way to go about the whole issue.

NEVER every wire money using these services to someone that you do not know well, never trust a relationship concerning the exchange of money from an email, or chat session from a stranger, and screen all replies to ads very carefully. If they are outside the US then chances are it could wind up a scam situation, you are better off working with someone in your own home country and verifying they are who they say theya re.