ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 4:03 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Scammed by Travelors Checks
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 12:56 pm 

I was scammed into cashing 4 $500.00 travelors checks by someone in Uganda. This was the first part of the "loan" for a clearance certificate for money that I was to inheirit from the UK. I am in the US. I cashed the checks at my bank and I received the cash. I then went over to Western Union to send most of the money. I sent $1500.00 and it cost $92.00 for the fee. The money went to Hungary.

When I received the travelors checks I also received the purchasers record. I was told the make it look like I had purchased them. I did what I was told. Thinking that as long as I have the purchasers record I would not be held liable. HOW WRONG I WAS. Since I sent the money I have not heard a word from the "investor" or the guy in the UK that set all of this up. And 2 days after Christmas I check my account and find out that the bank is now holding me responsible for the $2000.00 for the bad checks. I went to the bank and there is nothing they can do to help me other than to put me on a payment plan to pay back the $1700.00 that my account is now overdrawn. I am on unemployment at the moment and I do not make much with that. A bit less than $200.00 a week. I am devasted by what has taken place in the last couple days. I can't believe that there are those kind of people in the world.

Please if you know of anyone that is getting ready to cash American Express travelors checks from someone that they don't know and they were asked to Western Union money anywhere please tell them about me and hopefully they won't get in the boat with me.

Thanks for your time.