ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:56 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Please help!
PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:13 pm 

Catchy little title in the subject line of the email I just received! Below is a copy of the message

Hello, could you please do me a favor?

I just had my bag, phone, wallet, and other values stolen. This may sound odd, but it happened very fast. I need to pay off my bills, but I've no cash or credit card that i could use.
I'm in Birmingham, United Kingdom for Annual Research Conference. Please I need you to help me with some quick funds that I can give back as soon as I return. The embassy is willing to help by letting me fly without my passport, but I need to pay for my return ticket, hotel bills and other things. The total amount I need is $1,750. Kindly let me know if you can have the money sent to me today. You can reach me on City Inn's desk phone: +447024078910

My apologies for having to ask for this favor and for any inconvenience it may bring.

Thank you in advance for your help in this matter.

Anthony

Here's a link to another one of these "phoney" emails... notice how similiar the story is and the phone number matches exactly! Be careful out there!!!http://lists.ncc.edu/scripts/wa.exe?A3=ind1011&L=WOM-PO&E=quoted-printable&P=325473&B=--0-1875215136-1288805932%3D%3A62407&T=text%2Fhtml;%20charset=iso-8859-1&XSS=3&header=1