ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:18 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Alleged Meridian Ponzi Scheme: Victims and Supporters Page
PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:02 pm 

Madoff spent some time getting his ducks in a row before turning himself in. He had a few shredding parties at the same time his cronies were socking away some serious cash. Even though he was "working alone", :wink: his cronies had a bit more time to break those incriminating ties with him, or try to.

With the noose tightening around his scrawny little neck, Berg didn't plan as far ahead as Madoff did. He was probably too arrogant to believe he'd be caught so soon, (or caught at all) which is fairly predictable, given his Narcissitic Personality Disorder. Which left Berg's cronies less time to get to their own shredding parties underway. Bad timing, incriminating documents and angry investors are an explosive recipe when it comes to obfuscating evidence. To cover all their bases, Berg's agents and his other minions began to silence dissenters with threats.

Look for similarities between Madoff's alter-ego Ms. Kohn, who "was paid $62m in kickbacks from a special fund at Mr Madoff’s New York brokerage for recruiting investors." and Berg's own agents and legions of financial advisors. They didn't work for nothing and they aren't the types to easily walk away from kickbacks.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:41 pm 

Speaking of Madoff...

http://www.cnn.com/2010/US/12/11/new.yo ... tml?hpt=T1

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:55 pm 

I'm wondering how Bernie Madoff is feeling right now, with his oldest son a suicide because of the old man. These people--Madoff, Berg, et al.--are absolutely despicable! Look at the misery and ruination they bring to people! I don't know if there's anyone close enough to Darren Berg who's been hurt personally by all this, but I wish there were--then DB might get a taste of that pain. That's what he needs, that's what he deserves. I feel sorry for Madoff's late son, but I hope Madoff is suicidal himself now.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 4:41 pm 

posted image

Last edited by Bus Bear on Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:22 pm 

The following website is virtually identical in design to most of DB's websites' splash pages, except instead of a broken link to a "we are proudly carbon neutral" site, you instead get a link to Alex the Instant Quote Monkey."

http://www.redphonefunding.com/

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:51 am 

Bus Bear, we know Berg was buying up pre-existing mortgages from individual sellers, like Red Phone. I heard from several sources that was he also buying up mortgages from smaller or micro mortgage companies, say mortgages offered by small time-share companies for purchase into their clubs?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:26 pm 

then what is he in jail for?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:55 am 

OMG BB too funny.....That video belongs in the MTRWestern video gallery....apologies to Eartha Kitt as well

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:51 pm 

More information on the mortgage he bought from smaller companies would be helpful. Can you disclose or will DB's handlers come crawling out of the woodwork?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:37 pm 

HocusPocus:

Your guess is as good as mine.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:08 pm 

Now the bus companies are going on the auction block. Wright apparently offered $4.3 million, then $5.2 million and is now at $5.5 million. Maybe they'll recoup more than they thought. I didn't like that no-bid deal they started with anyway. Sounded too much like the OTHER Washington.

http://www.bizjournals.com/seattle/blog/2010/12/auction-set-for-berg-bus-companies.html

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:27 am 

bus bear, wasn't ocw already auctioned off? you said [i]companie[/i](s) as if there would or could be a break up of the mtr divisions, i had not heard yet what's on line. could you clarify what did you mean regarding the reference made here to companie-s?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:31 am 

silly me, in my morning sleepy eyed sans 1st cup-o-joe, i missed the link, bus bear you provided. disregard my earlier post.... zzzz.. zzzz

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:44 am 

2centavos: I was just quoting the article. The article referred to companies. I don't know what companies it referred to. The way things have shaken out, I doubt that ANYONE knows what they are bidding on.

I have wondered about the accuracy of the valuation since (I think) the trustee was quoted as saying that M T R Western buses didn't operate in snow or rain or ice. I mean come on! Get real! Sunny days in the Pacific Northwest? That would limit operation to two days in July. My thinking was that DB probably TOLD the accountants that to perhaps explain away books that might have showed lower-than-average revenues or less-than-optimal asset utilization or higher-than-average expenses.

But what would I know?

PS: Glad to see you back. We were worried they might have "gotten to you."

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:55 pm 

His second bail hearing starts in 10 minutes. Am expecting a tweet with the decision.

More inconsistencies: From the July 31st TST article:

Quote:
"In light of a million complicated issues that stand to affect 500 people's lives, I frankly can't believe you're focusing on a $300 check I wrote in 1987. I would expect more from the business page of The Seattle Times," he said.

and from a former manager's resume who lists MTR as his employer into THIS year:

Quote:
Managed the growth and needs of an organization from 8 people to over 200 spread across several companies

Hmmmm.... which is it? It's not like it's a SMALL discrepancy is it? I trust the latter guy.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next