ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:48 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Alleged Meridian Ponzi Scheme: Survivors and Supporters Page
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:16 pm 

Bail denied.

Details to come. . .

Last edited by Bus Bear on Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Alleged Meridian Ponzi Scheme: Victims and Supporters Page
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:47 pm 

Some lingering articles:

DB's latest flying experience not on Lear Jets:

http://www.bizjournals.com/seattle/blog/2010/11/darren-berg-will-travel-on-conair-to.html

How he sold securities despite previous fraud convictions:

http://www.bizjournals.com/seattle/print-edition/2010/11/05/how-darren-berg-sold-funds-widely.html

Initial whistleblowers who tipped off investors:

http://www.bizjournals.com/seattle/print-edition/2010/11/12/berg-case-grows.html

Various legal orders:

http://www.dfi.wa.gov/sd/orders/S-10-250-10-FO01.pdf

http://www.dfi.wa.gov/sd/orders/S-10-250-10-CO03.pdf

http://www.dfi.wa.gov/sd/orders/S-10-250-10-CO01.pdf

Listing for his home, purchased in 2007 for $5.4 million but extensively added on to and remodeled:

http://seattle.blockshopper.com/news/story/700099737-Financial_services_co_CEO_lists_Mercer_Island_5BD_for_8_2M

And finally, an anonymously obtained "spy-cam" video reputed to be shot from a hidden camera allegedly showing DB pleading with prosecutors for his freedom:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jv0uUV2YaI

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:48 pm 

article referring to second bail attempt denied (12/17/10):

http://www.bizjournals.com/seattle/blog/2010/12/darren-berg-will-remain-in-jail.html

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:18 pm 

Dial back the time machine to August:

http://www.bizjournals.com/seattle/stories/2010/08/30/story2.html

Quote:
Berg vehemently denies he misled any investors. In conversations and emails with the Puget Sound Business Journal, Berg said he dealt directly with only four CS Note investors, and they knew it was risky.

“These people have caused a lot of problems and made a lot of wild (and, frankly, untrue) allegations,” Berg wrote in an email. “Nothing, virtually nothing they have alleged has been correct.”

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:26 pm 

Berg makes Seattle Times Top 3 search terms for 2010 -- behind IBM and Boeing 787:

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/reweb/2013729465_seattletimescom_year_in_review_most_popular_search_terms.html?syndication=rss

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:09 pm 

That's too bad--with his sick psyche, he'll take that as a feather in his cap

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 3:16 pm 

What a difference a year makes!

Hope everyone has a Merry Christmas!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 5:36 pm 

LOL

Yes indeed what a difference a year makes.....there must have been 5 decorated trees at the house....5 at the offices...2 on the RentaYacht Cloud 8......and on and on....

Makes you wonder whats on the menu tonight at the lockup....Stuffed Turkey?

Unbelievable...you cant make this up.....

A "Stable Person" or a "Non Marginal Person" does not:

a. Crash a company -
b. Cause ones family and friends such grief and heart ache -
c. Steal from your investors, employees and fraternity brothers...... -

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:24 am 

I am curious about this whole Darren Berg thing. I first knew of this guy in the early nineties. EVERY SINGLE PERSON KNEW HE WAS INVOLVED IN SOME TYPE OF ILLEGAL ACTIVITY. I would periodically see him around sometimes driving a fancy car or hear he had some new boyfriend. If his name every came up it seemed to be common knowledge that he was involved in some type of mortgage fraud. In addition, I always assumed he was also a hustler and or drug dealer. It seems that was talked about too.
In the late nineties someone I knew from elsewhere dated him. This other person quickly figured out he was a fraud and a sociopath.
I think I know people who lost money in this scheme. If I would have known they were investing money with this guy, I would have told them it had to be a scam. I never read the Seattle paper so I did not realize Darren became so prominent.
After I moved to Seattle I learned through experience that the business community and the gay community was full of these types.
The thing that puzzles me is how did he get so far? Everyone that was working with him had to know what was going on for years. I am not that well connected and I knew about this guy. What about all the accountants and lawyers he used? They had to know.
Were some of the investors in on it too?
The whole thing is not that well reported in the papers. All I know this guy has always had a past and many people knew about it. I have always stayed away from this type of slime. So I do not know the details. I am really not going to contact old friends to ask them what they remember or what they knew. But it would be a good story. I have empathy for those who got taken. People in this town are always so afraid to talk that is why there is so much corruption.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:54 pm 

Durwood (thru your enabler)

How nice of you to join us!.....Took you long enough - welcome to the party....You all are such the projectionists......This is how you ended up in the clink, all those enablers / apologists around you.

TMO/USO/IO ;)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:14 pm 

Since the yacht Screaming Cora has been repossessed by Sun Trust Bank its story time:

For whatever reason” Captain” Bungle was particularly agitated that day and wanted to leave Friday Harbor in the San Juan Islands ASAP.
Despite weather adverse weather and pea-soup fog conditions Bungler decides to press on and depart for Seattle. Five minutes out of Friday Harbor, “Captain” Bungler is at the wheel and Screaming Cora slows to almost a crawl. We could hear the incoming Washington State Ferry Kaleetan somewhere in the foggy distance.
With Lester posted at the portside door and Robbie at the starboard door, we crept along in the fog trying to navigate the channel whilst keeping a lookout for the approaching Ferry Kaleetan. We could hear her sounding her horn, and tried to keep, wild eyed, arms flailing, ranting and raving Birg apprised of her location.
The fact that the Kaleetans target was painted on a radar screen directly in front of “Captain” Bungle proves to be no help…. turns out that "Captain" Bungle had been steering a course directly TOWARDS the target
Ever closer the ferry approached, louder and louder the ferries horn sounded, with "Captain" Bungle a screaming and a hollerin until finally dead in the water (there is no one driving as the boat) it is now a ship with out a “Captain”) - Berglar completely loses it when shrouded in mist and fog and with 5 short LOUD blasts of her horn, looming overhead and dead ahead appears the Ferry Kaleetan -
By now Freddie is writhing, flailing, teeth gnashing, pumping his fists and at the top of his lungs he screams: "You ALL are PATHETIC and RIDICULOUS! Why didn't you tell me that the fairy was right in front of us !!!!!
He then turns to the radar display and launches into a tirade how "useless" it is and how dare it NOT have warned him of impending disaster...."
The danger passes and a strange calm settles in - enveloping the helm of Cora and the remainder of that sailing towards Seattle. At the same time I began to have my doubts, here is a guy who can park Cora in a tight slip, yet has no idea how to navigate in open waters, and he claims to have a USCG Boat Captain License??? Just like that phony Commercial Pilots license, and that so called Juris Doctorate….
Shortly after that incident, during a major refit, Screaming Cora's helm was stripped of the old and in with the new in hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of investor funded pilot house high tech flat screen gadgetry...Go figure...blame it on the crew and the navigation equipment - then charge it all on the Investors Chinese Credit Card!

Last edited by That Marginal One on Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:29 pm 

While we are on the topic of Ponzi Schemes / enablers, how is it that a family member serving in the CFO capacity at Meridian just a few years ago is so clueless to the massive Ponzi Scheme going on around her? Incompetence? culpability? Who knows....must run in the family I guess...

Then there is this from October 23,2010. This is what they think of Ponzi Schemes...not the prodigal son but the Government......

We're sinking like Titanic; who should we save?

Our government is running the biggest Ponzi scheme known to man. We just keep borrowing money from other countries, with interest, and doling it out around the world. Each giveaway program they come up with must have a committee or two to oversee it. Each committee takes a good portion of the proceeds to oversee a plan, which, inevitably, has more corruption and misuse of funds than help for whomever they are designed to help. This leaves the taxpayer with little bang for the borrowed buck and an ever increasing government payroll.

The few programs set up to be self-sustaining are being robbed to the point of collapse, and still we think we must find more ways to spend. Robbing Peter to pay Paul.

Someone close to me compared it to the Titanic tragedy. You're in a lifeboat designed to hold 50 people, with 60 already aboard, mostly elderly, women and children, with still more clamoring to get on. Do you beat them off with your oar and save those you can? Or do you extend the oar in help and keep piling them on until you all perish?

Our country has its own disasters, wars, starving children and families, unemployed, homeless and people being thrown out of their lifetime homes. Isn't it time to quit playing Big Brother to the world and instead be a "Father" to our own country?

When the oxygen masks deploy on the airplane, you're instructed to place your oxygen mask before trying to help those less able. We need to get back to our
grassroots and get our own house in order before we extend our hands, and our borrowed dollars, to others. We're running out of oxygen.

Sounds like card carrying GOP Believers....

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:15 pm 

There have been some recent posts both here and back at the Seattle Times that have a familiar ring to them.

According to the SeaTac Federal Detention Center, inmates are allowed to email people from jail. They are NOT allowed to surf the web or create online identities.

So there is a possibility therefore that we are hearing from DB in triangulated fashion, perhaps through family or friends.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:22 pm 

Isn't it strange that whenever someone speaks the truth on these blogs they are immediately identified as DB. Isn't it strange that you vilify him and yet give him this credence?

I have no horse in this race, It is these quiet, unstable ones that end up in the news as in Arizona this week.

I can readily see this blog is turning into a lynching rather than an intelligent discussion so I must decline to further give it any importance in my busy day. Don't say I didn't tell you so.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:54 pm 

just the facts:

The title of this thread is entitled "Survivors and Supporters". that means that you are welcome to speak your mind here. It is no one's job to support or refute anyone's post. That is what the trial is for.

I didn't refute anything on behalf of TMO because those of us who were in the inner circle know that your allegations aren't completely accurate and no one is trying to humiliate anyone. All of us are suffering because of this.

For starters however, TMO was called "Kirby" not "Hoover."

This isn't a trial and no one would want anything more than to believe that this has all been a huge misunderstanding and so we welcome your input. This is a 1st Amendment thread for all people, hence the inclusive title.

Please feel free to continue to post here.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next