ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:54 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: I just found out I am a scam victim . . . what do I do now?
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:41 pm 
Site Admin/Co-Founder

Please check out the information on this page.
http://www.scamvictimsunited.com/resour ... _check.htm

And from this post
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=585

Share your story with the media and educate others about scams! Details here http://scamvictimsunited.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=6319
Sign our petition http://www.change.org/actions/view/crea ... s_programs
Follow our blog http://scamvictimsunited.wordpress.com/
Find us on Twitter, Facebook and more http://www.retaggr.com/page/ShawnMosch

Post subject: Re: I just found out I am a scam victim . . . what do I do now?
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:32 am 

Just a question - if i have not sent/lost any money. Is there anything i can do besides working to expose this scammer(s)?

Post subject: Re: I just found out I am a scam victim . . . what do I do now?
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:37 am 
Site Admin/Co-Founder

Great question!

Yes . . . education is the key! Tell everyone that you know about this scam and what could have happened to you. If you have a blog, Facebook, MySpace or other site like that, post information about this scam on there . . . the people who read that will not be better educated.

Write to law makers and ask for better consumer protection laws.

Ask your bank to post a sign warning others about this scam. The FBI has one, and we are in the process of creating one with our site's info on it that can be distrubuted to banks. (I will post a link to the pdf file of that flyer once we have it done.)

Share your story with the media and educate others about scams! Details here http://scamvictimsunited.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=6319
Sign our petition http://www.change.org/actions/view/crea ... s_programs
Follow our blog http://scamvictimsunited.wordpress.com/
Find us on Twitter, Facebook and more http://www.retaggr.com/page/ShawnMosch

Post subject: Re: I just found out I am a scam victim . . . what do I do n
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:52 am 

Hi,
I have been scammed on a fake ebay sale. The seller sent, what looked like a genuine ebay communication, asking me to deposit £3100 in a secured bank account in Greece. I have done this, but have now found out it is a scam.

Can I get my money back from this bank account ...? Any advice would be very welcome..

Lazkez

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:46 pm 

Hi Thanks for your insight the I want to rent your room scam has hit Craigslist in Vancouver. Here is the scam. I did send them my banking info first, copy of a cheque. but it was an old account with .67 in it. I'm waiting for the phone call about paying something upfront soon. I feel like a idiot here is the scam e-mail I was sent:
First one: Thanks for getting back to me... I think i should briefly tell you about who i am to start with, it is necessary to know something about me which is more important in any room share (knowing something about someone you want to share a place with is very much important). My name is Christen Elizabeth I'm 25 year old female,... I love music and movies a lot but not around much since school work is pretty heavy. I enjoy having a couple friends over once in a while but not a party person. I am honest, adventurous, friendly,I do keep a clean house and respect to others,i don't smoke,don't do drug and drama free. I love pets but i don't have any at the moment but if you won't like it then ill keep off from it... I finished my degree in UK, I am single and have no children now... I do bible study sometimes we do karaoke night with my roommates then! I go to church every Sunday and I do respectful of any person's belief...All this is just a little about me and i think we have know more about each other by the time we been together if possible. Please I need to secure this place for myself before my arrival to your place as I'll be moving in with my luggage. Please i need someone who is open minded for real to stay with,i make people smile always and i want in return. I will be in the place by 5th of January for the next one year for my masters degree.
As regards the rental application,i want you to send it to me for my review,i will eventually have it filled and signed on my arrival in your place as i am of the opinion that such documents are best filled and signed physically.It can be prepare in my name "Christen Elizabeth Frances"
My back ground; I was born in England (UK), my dad from USA but my mom is from UK,both of them lives together in UK... I attended University of Buckingham, England i speak both French and English,am presently on research work at Santa Rita Guam USA,i am almost done with that because its part of my prequisite for my masters in Microbiology. I would have loved to call you but this is a remote area calls is hard to go through from here. I really have interested in renting from you but I won't be able to see the place before my moving in because of the distance between us,but with pictures I will be glad to see it.Please let me know if you have a garage or parking space because I will have my own car come over,I want to know the total payment of the place and more over I will send your email to my dad for him to email you later because he is the one that will be handling the rent fees on my behalf but nevertheless,I will like you to send me your full name and the physical address,your phone number as well,so that my Dad can issue out the payment to you as soon as possible,Dad also let me know it will be very easier for him to transfer the rental fees and security deposit to you within a day if you are banking with Royal Bank of Canada (RBC)... with that you can hold on the place for me till my arrival. I will be looking forward to your email soonest. You can contact my Dad at his cell phone number (+44-7011-136-269).
Kindly get back asap,Thus,Further proceedings can take place and look forward to meet you.
My Regards
Christen

The second one: How are you doing? I am very much happy to read your email and everything sound very good to me.., I did also forward your email to my Dad and he really love me to stay with good people which i think you are from my perspective,I will be signing for six month for now and later renew my tenacy after six month... I am attaching a picture of myself for you to see,i don't have a photo id because all my credentials is currently with my travel agent,so i will be attaching a photo id of my Dad. Please let me have your physical contact address and phone numbers for my Dad as well.
The rent and security deposit will be transferred to you by my Dad as a proof of my commitment to rent the room from you as soon as you get back to me with the following details for the bank to authorized the payment transfer to your bank account. he told me that the payment will instantly transfer to your RBC account if your account is already activated for online banking access.

Account holder's name- first name and Surname:
Account number:
Transit number:
Bank code and Bank address:
Bank phone no.

I will have it forward to my Dad to proceed with the payment so as you can hold the place till my arrival to your place. I do hope that we get a long great on my arrival to your place. Hope to meet you soon.
Stay Bless!
Christen

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 4:22 am 

It is a shame that people who are this creative do not understand the fact that the creativity they use in conning others can be used ( legally ) to make a good living from the Internet. Some of these scammers are very good copy writers yet they do not know it.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 5:51 am 

yommytec wrote:
Some of these scammers are very good copy writers yet they do not know it.

Good copiers, not writers.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:21 pm 

I also got one from "christen elizabeth frances.
Luckily I googled them and found this forum. Their spelling is terrible for someone who knows French and English and working on their masters. She pulled at my heartstrings as I myself had to rent in another country. I was so close to falling for it.

Thanks for getting back to me... I think i should briefly tell you about who i am to start with, it is necessary to know something about me which is more important in any room share (knowing something about someone you want to share a place with is very much important).Ok, My name is Christen Elizabeth I'm 25 years old female... I love music and movies a lot but not around much since school work is pretty heavy. I enjoy having a couple friends over once in a while but not a party person. I am honest, adventurous, friendly,I do keep a clean house and respect to others,I don't smoke,don't do drug and drama free. I love pets but i don't have any at the moment but if you won't like it then ill keep off from it in the building... I finished my degree in UK, I am single... I do bible study sometimes we do karaoke night with my roommates then! I go to church every Sunday and I do respect of any person's belief...All this is just a little about me and i think we will get to know more about each other by the time we been together if possible. Please I need to secure this place for myself before my arrival to your place as I'll be moving in with my luggage's. Please i need someone who is open minded for real to stay with,i make people smile always and i want in return. I will be moving in by 20th of February for the next one year for my masters degree.

As regards the rental application,i want you to send it to me for my review,i will eventually have it filled and signed on my arrival in your place as i am of the opinion that such documents are best filled and signed physically.It can be prepare in my name "Christen Elizabeth Frances"

My back ground; I was born in England UK, my Dad from USA but my mom is from UK,both of them lives together in the UK... I attended University of Buckingham, England i speak both French and English,am presently on research work at Santa Rita Guam USA,I am almost done with that because its part of my perquisite for my masters in Microbiology. I would have loved to call you but this is a remote area calls is hard to go through from here. I really have interested in renting from you but I won't be able to see the place before my moving in because of the distance between us and some other reasons,but with pictures I will be glad with you if you can forward it to me over the e-mail. Please let me know if you have a garage or parking space because I will have my own car come over before my arrival,however my Dad will discuss more better with you about my car,I want to know the total payment of the place and more over I will send your email to my Dad for him to email you later because he is the one that will be handling the rent and security deposit fees on my behalf but nevertheless,I will like you to send me your full name and the physical contact address,your phone number as well,so that my Dad can issue out the payment to you as soon as possible,Dad also let me know it will be very easier and saver for him to transfer the rental fees and security deposit to you within a day if you have either visa or master card,pls. let me know if you do... with that you can hold on the place for me till my arrival. I will be looking forward to your email soonest. You can contact my Dad at his cell phone number (+44-7011-136-269).

Kindly get back asap,thus,further proceedings can take place and look forward to meet you.

My Regards

Christen

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:45 pm 

OMG!!!!! curiosity most certainly did not kill the cat..
heres the email i got from our dear friend christen
i cant believe i spent half hour replying to this stupid person .. luckily it hadnt gotten to the stage of bank details..

Quote:
Thanks for getting back to me... I think i should briefly tell you about who i am to start with, it is necessary to know something about me which is more important in any room share (knowing something about someone you want to share a place with is very much important).Ok, My name is Christen Elizabeth I'm 25 years old female... I love music and movies a lot but not around much since school work is pretty heavy. I enjoy having a couple friends over once in a while but not a party person. I am honest, adventurous, friendly,I do keep a clean house and respect to others,I don't smoke,don't do drug and drama free. I love pets but i don't have any at the moment but if you won't like it then ill keep off from it in the building... I finished my degree in UK, I am single... I do bible study sometimes we do karaoke night with my roommates then! I go to church every Sunday and I do respect of any person's belief...All this is just a little about me and i think we will get to know more about each other by the time we been together if possible. Please I need to secure this place for myself before my arrival to your place as I'll be moving in with my luggage's. Please i need someone who is open minded for real to stay with,i make people smile always and i want in return. I will be moving in on 20th of February for the next one year for my masters degree.

My back ground; I was born in England UK, my Dad from USA but my mom is from UK,both of them lives together in the UK... I attended University of Buckingham, England i speak both French and English,am presently on research work at Santa Rita Guam USA,I am almost done with that because its part of my perquisite for my masters in Microbiology. I would have loved to call you but this is a remote area calls is hard to go through from here. I really have interested in renting from you but I won't be able to see the place before my moving in because of the distance between us and some other reasons,but with pictures I will be glad with you if you can forward it to me over the e-mail. Please let me know if you have a garage or parking space because I will have my own car come over before my arrival,however my Dad will discuss more better with you about my car,I want to know the total payment of the place and more over I will send your email to my Dad for him to email you later because he is the one that will be handling the rent and security deposit fees on my behalf but nevertheless,I will like you to send me your full name and the physical contact address,your phone number as well,so that my Dad can issue out the payment to you as soon as possible,Dad also let me know it will be very easier and saver for him to transfer the rental fees and security deposit to you within a day if you have either visa or master card,pls. let me know if you do... with that you can hold on the place for me till my arrival. I will be looking forward to your email soonest. You can contact my Dad at his cell phone number (+44-7011-136-269).

Kindly get back asap,thus,further proceedings can take place and look forward to meet you.

My Regards