There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:26 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: NT Financial Services - ntfinancialservices.net
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:47 pm 
Gold Member

Whilst this would fall under the umbrella of a telephone scam, there is a website attatched to this, which needs to be avoided.

Below is the text of our report, which a suitable obfuscation for reasons of privacy, and highlights added of important parts of the report.

Quote:
I got phoned tonight by some American woman in New York by the name of Jessie Lee of http://ntfinancialservices.net/

There was no number shown on the phone (first alarm).

My 2,500 shares in {removed for privacy} current price about 99.25p are of interest to a client of hers who is organising a takeover and is offering £6 a share. (Second alarm - too good to be true).

She chatted for 15 mins, it was her phone call. Just before the end she said there was a small matter of an insurance bond but the client would pay most of that and I'd only have to pay a small amount. (No sum mentioned). that was the 3rd alarm and I finally figured out that she was apre-payment scammers.

Anyway she is emailing a NDA cos its really secret on Monday that I must fax back from work as i don't have a fax at home.

I checked the website, looks a bit too bland. (4th alarm).

So i figure its a prepayment scam. the domain was only registered in June 2010 (no name either - suspicious)

So the hook is I think I'm going to get about £15,000 for shares worth just about £2,500 and will happily pay out oh I'd guess £300 or £400.

The originator of the report of course has already realised this is a scam, one which at first glance may sound plausible. However, the key is the fact that you are being offered a great deal more for your shares than their real worth, and added is the fact that you would have to pay a fee too.

In all this is an Advance Fee Scam, and to be avoided at all costs.

Website WHOIS [link] (Hidden by WhoisGuard).
Quote:
Domain name: ntfinancialservices.net

Registrant Contact:
WhoisGuard
WhoisGuard Protected ()

Fax:
8939 S. Sepulveda Blvd. #110 - 732
Westchester, CA 90045
US

Name Servers:
NS1.WEBHOSTINGPAD.COM
NS2.WEBHOSTINGPAD.COM

Creation date: 25 Jun 2010 12:18:00
Expiration date: 25 Jun 2011 07:18:00

From the website 'Company' page [link]
=> Founded in 1990

From the website 'Contact' page [link]
=> NT Financial Services
=> http://www.ntfinancialservices.net
=> 808 Broadway, #11,
=> New York, NY 10003
=> Telephone: +1-212-2471798
=> Fax: +1 212 9373669
=> Email: info@ntfinancialservices.net

From their website 'About' page [link]
=> NT Financial Services, LLC is a full-service investor relations firm

I have just done a search on the New York Department of State website [link] and I get this:-
=> No business entities were found for NT Financial Services.

No surprise there really. :roll:

Warnings have been issued at [ProVen VCTs] | [The Motley Fool] | [Beringea.COM] | [ISPharma.PLC.UK]

The name and domain name of NT Financial Services is now on the list of "Unauthorised overseas firms" list at the UK Financial Services website. here.

Website itself contains a small number of known disfunctioning siblings. The website ntfs.co.cc (Created 16 Jun 2010) is a copy of the bogus NTFinancialServices.NET and makes a reference to a non-resolving NTFinancialServices.COM (Created 31 Jan 2009) which is hosted over at HostGator. The .co.cc website brings up Server Errors when attemnpting to navigate the site links.

ntfinancialservices.net has been removed by the first host at WebHostingPad who were informed by myself. The site is currently hosted within the WebHostingBuzz IP space and they too have been informed.

Please do not get taken in by any contact offering bloated amounts of money for your shares, they will ask for some sort of fee, and you loose that money and gain nothing by return.

Thank you for reading, and be careful out there.

Information is being compiled for brevity and to increase the catchment area for warnings about this fraud. Original thread is at CCO [here].

| CyberCrimeOps.COM (Connect via Facebook) | Internet-Love-Scams.ORG |