ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:28 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 231 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 16  Next
 Post subject: Re: Agape World inc
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 1:30 pm 

checkmate wrote:
Mainecmi, What, if any due diligence did you perform before doing business with Nick, did you realize that he did two years in federal prision for swindles and fraud.
I think we're interrogating the wrong guy and you'll never get anything about the Agape side of things from this contractor...because he doesn't know. If someone is lending someone else $1M, who should be doing most of the due diligence? And if CMI was looking for an investor (or maybe Agape found him), it is good to be aware if the investment company is legit but the most important thing is that CMI gets the money from Agape.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 1:52 pm 

Exactly, that why DD goes both ways

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 3:42 pm 

Check this out!

http://libn.com/blog/2009/01/23/li-inve ... stigation/

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 3:57 pm 

Where is the Jackson Heights office of Agape. Why don't someone start collecting the names of the brokers. Post them on here so law enforcement can get them.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 4:21 pm 

isn't there also some connections down in Flordia?? Can anyone confirm??

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 4:53 pm 

checkmate

I was contacted by the FEC yesterday afternoon. I was asked what due diligence I did on AGAPE before accepting their offer to fund. The answer to them is as straight forward as mine will be to you. Not enough - to none. Why did I not do more? In the situation that many developers, contractors and the like find themselves in - not just for today but, also for the last 18 months; many lenders and or lender brokers contact us to ask if we need funding. Banks and traditional lenders had begun to dry up 18 months ago - but people like me, my clients, fellow developers and associates were all holding onto to projects with no source of funding in sight. Brokers gegan to surface from everywhere. AGAPE's name came up several times as being a nontraditional lender. Their representative had been in contact with several people trying to get their jobs funded. Many developers know each other and we talk. AGAPE had provided LOIs to developers with promises to fund. Later it became known that they actually did fund a project or two that we could check on. One of my partners went to visit AGAPE in their offices in NY and reported back to me that AGAPE was most likely going to fund one of their projects. So, I asked if they would be interested in Carriage Homes. At that time, I had a partner, Mike Buono, in the deal. He was to provide the financing for Carriage Homes - but was later stopped from being able to perform because he had other projects not doing well. Buono suggested I ask AGAPE to take over their position in the project. I sent all of the documents to AGAPE and they decided to become an equity partner by investing the funds to the project. So, in the light of this - with a project already going forward, and a partner dropping out, and having a willing equity partner to step in to fund the project: why would i object to moving forward, and or why would I kick a gift horse in the mouth? I have been to many banks for funding. And, never, once did I ever decide to research the bank or the bank manager. What would ever make me do anything more in this case. Next, once the funding began, and it never stopped, who would ever think to question the source. My job is to get the project going, get it funded, keep the funding going, complete the project - then sell the thing. I was not investing in AGAPE - no reason to do research. You invested in AGAPE - you needed to do your research.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:03 pm 

mainecmi wrote:
checkmate

I was contacted by the FEC yesterday afternoon. I was asked what due diligence I did on AGAPE before accepting their offer to fund. The answer to them is as straight forward as mine will be to you. Not enough - to none. Why did I not do more? In the situation that many developers, contractors and the like find themselves in - not just for today but, also for the last 18 months; many lenders and or lender brokers contact us to ask if we need funding. Banks and traditional lenders had begun to dry up 18 months ago - but people like me, my clients, fellow developers and associates were all holding onto to projects with no source of funding in sight. Brokers gegan to surface from everywhere. AGAPE's name came up several times as being a nontraditional lender. Their representative had been in contact with several people trying to get their jobs funded. Many developers know each other and we talk. AGAPE had provided LOIs to developers with promises to fund. Later it became known that they actually did fund a project or two that we could check on. One of my partners went to visit AGAPE in their offices in NY and reported back to me that AGAPE was most likely going to fund one of their projects. So, I asked if they would be interested in Carriage Homes. At that time, I had a partner, Mike Buono, in the deal. He was to provide the financing for Carriage Homes - but was later stopped from being able to perform because he had other projects not doing well. Buono suggested I ask AGAPE to take over their position in the project. I sent all of the documents to AGAPE and they decided to become an equity partner by investing the funds to the project. So, in the light of this - with a project already going forward, and a partner dropping out, and having a willing equity partner to step in to fund the project: why would i object to moving forward, and or why would I kick a gift horse in the mouth? I have been to many banks for funding. And, never, once did I ever decide to research the bank or the bank manager. What would ever make me do anything more in this case. Next, once the funding began, and it never stopped, who would ever think to question the source. My job is to get the project going, get it funded, keep the funding going, complete the project - then sell the thing. I was not investing in AGAPE - no reason to do research. You invested in AGAPE - you needed to do your research.

Was that the SEC you were referencing?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:15 pm 

i have been an ivestor @ agape world for about 6 years. everything seemed on the up and up until a week ago i have known some of the brokers since jhs i still do not want to believe i have lost all my money or my families for that matter, yet it looks like the gravy train has come 2 a screeeechin halt. it seems that nick c has already been assaulted by an investor and the feds are comeing to investigate. good luck to all my fellow investors.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:29 pm 

If you know anything about securities laws or bridge loans it was an obvious scam. Red flags all over the place. Since you knew the brokers from jhs did you really think they were smart enough to legitimately conduct these type of transactions?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:49 pm 

A Team

SEC yes my error

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:55 pm 

i know that they were makin money and i wanted to make money 2.i have never had a problem until 24 nov 08.and to anyone out there i know second hand info that seems right nick got kod and most of agape world brokers are now on the ddl.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:11 pm 

yes,i know like 5 family here in swfl

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:20 pm 

pardon my ignorance but what is ddl? and swfl??

Last edited by question on Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:24 pm 

south west florida swfl

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:29 pm 

family of nick's?? or other broker's in florida??

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 231 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 16  Next