ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:39 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 231 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 16  Next
 Post subject: Re: Agape World inc
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:00 pm 

This is my first post on here concerning Agape World.
A little over a year ago my ex and I invested money in the company. At the end of each contract we always received the payout. The week of our December payout we received an email stating payout would be in January and we could call the company with any questions. After several calls, Nick Cosmo called me at the beginning of January and told me the payout would be January 20. At 3:30 today I sent an email to my agent to see when the checks would be in and low and behold, not even a hour later, I received an email from my agent saying the payout would not be happening and there was no date for payout.
I have put in a phone call to Agape World in New York, we will see if I ever hear from him again...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:27 pm 

so did your agent tell you point blank: "all your money is gone and the company went under" and to have a nice day? or perhaps payment would be delayed etc.. and thing will be worked out?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:33 pm 

Reality, your anger towards posters is unbelievable. To think that if you call agape their gonna tell you the money is all gone is ridiculous!!. The bottom line is that payments as promised are not being made, with no clear end date insite.

Lossing money in the stock market is a risk that is known. Investing in "99%" guaranteed...well that is a scam.There is no guarantee. But that is not what they advertised and "sold" to investors.

In may take awhile to get to the bottom of all of this. But it sure sounds criminal to me.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:36 am 
Site Admin/Co-Founder

floridagal,
Did you save any of those emails?

Share your story with the media and educate others about scams! Details here http://scamvictimsunited.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=6319
Sign our petition http://www.change.org/actions/view/crea ... s_programs
Follow our blog http://scamvictimsunited.wordpress.com/
Find us on Twitter, Facebook and more http://www.retaggr.com/page/ShawnMosch

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:09 pm 

I have been an invester for about 1 year, I had the Carriage Homes loan that was supposed to mature on 9/27/08. I was told that was extended to 12/29/08. Then was told I could retrive the funds on 1/27/09 now Im told there is an undetermend delay. Also had a contract due on 12/30/08. Then told the begining of Feb. At present time not sure were it stands. I think all members on this board should stay in touch. In numbers there is strenght. If it continues I believe as a group we have several alternatives. Call TV stations comsummer affairs, call newspapers, notify district attorney, even picket his home in large numbers day and night etc. Can do all at the same time. Any other suggestions?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:30 pm 

I have been invested in Agape for over 2 years and have keeped all my emails from the agent. I also have a list of about 25 other peoples emails that are clients under the agent. We all seem to be getting the same standoff answers. Although I am hoping for the best I fear the worst is soon to come. When asked point blank if this is a Ponzi Scam, the reply was "I have no idea", and "I was just doing my job". Nick apparently is also keeping the agent in the dark. I am also in the Merchant side of it and always received my check by the 14th of the month, but have not received one for Jan. Has anyone else experienced the same?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:05 pm 

Guys check out fatwallet, there's alot of people in the same boat.
http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/finance ... ?start=460

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:15 pm 

I do have all the copies of all the emails from the agent. I am trying to get a hold of someone at the NY Agape office and the number has been busy during business hours. I left a message last night for them. I did talk to my agent's sister and told her I am gathering my things together for my attorney. I will be contacting the NY Attorney General on Monday concerning all of this.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:15 pm 

Shawn,

I too am invested in Agape and have monies that were not paid and are overdue...

I have some communication (in email) that was sent by Nick and simply forwarded by a broker. Other communication I have came from my broker and was a sumarry of meeting statements made by Nick. Doesn't Agape have a responsibility to own up to the expectations set by the brokers who represent Agape. Not everyone deals with Nick directly.

Not sure where these loans that Nick said had "closed" really are or if they were ever really "loaned" out. I hope it's not a case of pure market panic and that it is a ponizi scheme and that there is not enough monies to pay back to everyone who wants to close their accounts with Agape now. (I would think almost everyone at this point).

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:20 pm 

COSMO is in his office right now and will meet with anyone that shows up. Get there fast!!!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 6:16 pm 

Regarding Agape Enso, Wakeag, and Carraige Homes contracts have been advised they have all DEFAULTED as of today even though Cosmo claimed they were completely funded and would be payed out on their January dates. Now that these loan contracts have been DEFAULTED upon I was informed that our principal was protected and would be paid out in 2 or 3 or 6 or 8 months! At this point I do not believe these funds will ever be returned and would like to know from other investors if they have been advised the same regarding these contracts.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 6:37 pm 

switch over to the Fat Wallet thread - it's very informative:

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/finance ... est=1#last

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:09 pm 

Reality and also Reality2009 from FW ....So have to be a Agape employee, come clean

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:16 pm 

yes, it is me on the other forum as well. far from an employee, just an investor who is wondering what all the bashing is about, when clearly no one has been told they will never see any of there money again etc..

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:52 pm 

Hey guys, I'm starting a legit bridge loan company. Reality, I want you as my top guy. Please get in touch with me

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 231 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 16  Next