ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:25 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 231 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 16  Next
 Post subject: Re: Agape World inc
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:12 am 

To the folks on the side of law and order and who have common sense:

You can bring a horse to water but you can't make him drink

Not until the felons are in handcuffs will some people believe. I have found that some people like to live in Disneyland and refuse to face reality!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:45 pm 

I was offered a business card for an Agape broker. I decided to research the company... and here I am. This seems to be a pyramid that has begun to crumble. If you're in and have made your money, maybe it's time to exit with a smile. I wouldn't be comfortable, investing here.. but if the truth be known, I'm known overly cautious. I'm wondering how we know that this business has been set up and paying out since 1999? I see that they have registered with the better business bureau in 2008. There haven't been any complaints lodged thus far... but could this perhaps be new and only professes to be around for 8 plus years. I'm curious to know how long people have been investing? 99% safe is a scary number.... 1% ...could that be a disclaimer? It just doesn't sit right with me. That said, I do admit I'm only starting to check into this. However.. may I assume that everyone, without exception.. did their homework before jumping in? We seem to sweat the small stuff... we check for a double charge on our grocery bills and we reconcile our checkbooks and we count our change at the gas station. I don't see any real information here, based on investor research. I only began searching for information yesterday and here I am already... it wasn't tough to Google it and hit the multiple entries for Agape World. If you have money here, I sure hope you make a killing. I'm afraid I'll never get rich this way.. but I have a tendency to stay awake nights and fret over my 20 shares of this and that.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:17 am 

Does anyone know if the long awaited checks to the investors were sent?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:13 am 

New to this forum. can someone answer me a question.I have been researching AGAPE for awhile now. Came across this PDF file about another bridge loan operation,...and well it sounds pretty similar. Can't really discern how they are different. Any clarification would be appreciated.

http://www.sec.gov/litigation/complaint ... p20772.pdf

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:33 pm 

wow, i can't believe i even wasted this much time doing this, I am young and nieve when it comes to investing. over the past few months i've been following the 2 blogs, or websites (whatever you want to call them) that have been Agape bashing. And yet, time and time again there has not been 1 piece of proof, evidence etc.. that anything is wrong. Any person with any type of education can understand this. I am a history teacher and a big political junkie, any "theory" throughout time, has to be PROVED, and i am thankful to the person who posted the thing about the west coast asian guy, cause i clearly remember when that story came out, as he was a big political donor, according to your document, he was trading buying/selling under the assumption of the SEC, where as AGAPE is a PRIVATE company and does not have to do all of that! why can't you just accept the fact that the economy is bad, banks ARE NOT lending, and private companies such as agape can do great in this environment!!! i just got my check in the mail today! (again, and will again, and again!) i have to say that you guys have some serious time on your hands, cause after a little RESEARCH it is obvious when you look under all the other "categories" on this site, that it is the same handful of people, that bash every topic, of everything that is on here , I URGE THE PEOPLE RUNNING THIS SITE TO SHUT THIS DOWN!!!! NOBODY HAS PROFF OF ANYTHING WRONG!!! this is just making investors like me paroniod for no reason, perhaps you guys are from competitive lending companies or something? or just have nothing better to do, so please grow up, get a life, and just stop being jeolous.,

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:26 pm 

reality,

Please read the document I posted this was a private company doing excatly what agape is doing, different reason for the bridge loan but the same none the less. Nothing was wrong then or will be wrong now until payements stopped going out. which may be the case here with agape. Still doen't make it right.

Jealous?, no worried for friends and family is more like it. smells like a duck, quacks like a duck, its a duck. I don't need a life, thanks anyway. Just trying to protect some people that just may NEED the money they are investing and can't really afford to loose it that's all. Which is the whole point of many posts, Cosmo is not just getting fat cats to invest, but the small investor, who in many cases have no clue in what they are doing, they need their investments which is why there are regs about all of this. Which seem to be ignored.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:23 pm 

Reality...What loan have you been paid out on? Has anyone else been paid out?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:28 pm 

Reality has absolutely no understanding of securities laws or is deliberately trying to mislead people. Private companies are definitely subject to securities laws.

Read them for yourself.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Securities_Act_of_1933

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Securities ... ct_of_1934

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regulation_D

Please explain how private companies are exempt from these regulations.

Also anyone can read the SEC litigation posted above and make their own determination.

Trying to close the thread is useless. The wheels of justice are in motion.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:01 pm 

So i guess they are now claiming some other problem with the loans that were "extended" 30 days. The ones that were all coming due this week. Anyone else hear about this? Any info?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:26 pm 

There was suppose to be 2 loans due this week..One on the 20th and one on the 27th...Anyone have anyupdates if they are going to get paid out...Does anyone have money in the Agape Merchant program i heard that has been paying out any info?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:04 pm 

seems that I may have hit a raw nerve with "reality"....truth may be a but hard to see in hard copy,.. why else the harsh reaction to the posting about the other bridge loan operation??.

Regarding payouts,..i heard that the contracts due out this week are now further delayed and may indeed go into "default". So how does that 99% garuntee work?? Sounds like people may need to read that fine print. There might be a meeting happening to discuss events and what will happen next.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:47 am 

nobody hit a "raw nerve" with me, it's actually made me realize how unreliable everyone on here is. I just happen to be a history teacher and a big political junkie, so i am familiar with the fraud case from the west coast a few years ago. It's easy to tell that many of you are not investors, and perhaps wish you were by asking about payout dates etc.. you are obviously just fishing for information, or again are just a compettitive company, bashing for no reason, all of you have no FACTS, again this is just GOSSIP, sorry i have to watch the VIEW in the morning, to get my GOSSIP! ha ha, nothing but false acusations! i've always gotten my checks from merchant, and have always been informed regarding any brdige loan i was ever involved with! was there some set backs, probably, but who has'nt gone through this economic crisis untouched anyway? name one person, or one industry, that has'nt cut back in these times? half of wall street is laid off, go down there for happy hour any friday and see nothing but half empty bars! now that is real physical evidence!!! ha ha
I AM A HAPPY AGAPE INVESTOR! HA HA! HA HA! HA HA!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:48 am 

again, thanks for showing me how fake you people are! i am an investor, who has made a ligitamate investment!!! now you are acusing me, of being a criminal? for what? defending my investment on this thing? all you have done, again, and again, is made false acusations, please keep making false staments, i love it! you are taking all of my fears and anxieties away, whith every rumor you make:) thanks again!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:30 am 

Its not a rumor that the loans due to "pay out" this week and next are being delayed. Wait, now Agape claims they might be defaulting on the borrower. If you are an investor, I'm very sorry but there is a good possibility your money is gone

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:16 pm 

Reality you are in denial. The only person you are trying to convince with your posts is yourself. Read the threads here and on fatwallet and look at the discussion with an open mind. Read the Hsu SEC litigation carefully and determine what the real differences between agape and next components are. You ask for proof but proof isn't going to come until it is too late. However you can objectively look at the known facts and draw probable conclusions. I hope the best for everybody with this investment but being blind to the reality of the situation isn't going to change the outcome.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 231 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 16  Next