ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:17 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 231 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16  Next
 Post subject: Re: Agape World inc
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:10 pm 

Anticrime i thought you had a source that said this was going to crumble..What is your source? Someone should really have them investigated and see what happens...Is that already being done? All i know is that a lot of these brokers have a lot of their own money invested in it...I know one broker has more then most of us will probably see in our lives...Investor07: as far as the people you know getting their principal and interest checks they were promised...That is wrong that they were promised that...What brokers do they deal with? I would call or show up at the office and confront Nick about that.. That is not right if they were promised that...They will get their money Agape is getting paid back slow from the borrowers that they lended too..They collect all the interest and points up front so that is probably why they were able to pay the interest out to all these investors that requested it..Lets see what happens

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:46 pm 

Once again the bankrupt felon Richard Ottimo thinks he can play by his own rules...not this time! After Richard Ottimo attempted to host a New Years Eve party at the still unopened Speranza Food Studio he was shut down by Nassau County Fire Marshall before midnight. The funniest part was how he RAN out the back door leaving his staff to face the police and the Marshall There is a word for that kind of behavior, but to be polite lets call it CRIMINAL. This place is never going to open......and if it does it will close as fast as that fat guy can run.

If Agape World is not run by criminals why are they closing a blind eye and giving Richard Ottimo money? Richard Ottimo is stealing from Agape by having the contractors give elevated invoices and they in turn are refunded the extra to him. That is how he can afford is live style.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:22 am 

Investor07 wrote:
fyi: People i know personally have still not recieved checks that they were told were mailed out Dec19???? (As of today)

Any new info regarding the checks?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:42 am 

Investor Alert
Think You May Be Involved in a Ponzi Scheme?
Look for These Red Flags

New York, New York, January 7, 2009—

Ponzi schemes are currently a hot topic of conversation, most notably the one perpetuated by the now notorious Bernard Madoff. The collapse of the Bernard Madoff Ponzi scheme has cast a glaring light upon other questionable investment deals, revealing numerous red flags that have many investors worried.

The Ponzi scheme investment scam isn’t limited to Wall Street and high-profile investors. It can be found in an ordinary suburbia such as Long Island, where everyday, ordinary individuals are lured by slick promoters to invest in a deal that looks too good to be true.

A large number of concerned investors across Long Island have called Kessler International, an investigative firm specializing in forensic accounting and computer forensics, in response to recent press releases by Kessler regarding an apparent Ponzi scheme on Long Island.

In late summer 2008, Kessler investigated an apparent fraudulent investment operation on Long Island, and reported the findings to the NYS Attorney General, the Suffolk County DA, the Suffolk County Police Department and the FBI. To date, authorities have not acted upon the information provided by Kessler, and the Ponzi scheme appears to be showing signs of a collapse in the near future, meaning many investors will lose their money.

This mirrors events surrounding the Bernard Madoff Ponzi scheme, in which it was revealed that regulators were given information regarding the scheme as much as ten years ago, but chose to do nothing, resulting in the debacle seen in recent headlines. On Long Island, the Ponzi scheme has also been allowed to continue to attract new investors, while regulators seemingly ignore all the obvious red flags.

A typical Ponzi scheme such as the one currently residing on Long Island acts as a ‘bridge loan’ company, which works as follows: John Doe wants to buy a profitable liquor store business, but in order to get the upfront cash required to do so, he has to sell off a dry cleaning business that he owns. He is prepared to offer promissory notes paying 20-50 percent within six to nine months. A loan company provides investors the opportunity to put up the money with the promise of a high return.

However, the reality is that there is no John Doe. The promoter uses the borrowed money for his personal use. The operation is fueled by a growing crop of investors who instead of cashing their promissory notes upon maturity, agree to new ones in order to accumulate additional profits.

Ponzi schemes masquerading as legitimate investment operations often raise several red flags that should make any potential investor extremely wary.

• Potential investors are usually lured into a Ponzi scheme by an appealing high rate of return. If the rate being offered is exceptionally better than what is currently offered in the marketplace, then the legitimacy of the deal should be questioned.

• Before investing, be sure to ask all questions, and always request detailed information in writing. If the promoter appears to have trouble answering questions with specifics, changes his answers, or is reluctant to provide detailed information, it’s another tip-off that this ‘investment opportunity’ may be a Ponzi scheme.

• Are investors encouraged to continually reinvest their profits rather than take a payout? This is a sign that the promoter is using their money to further finance the pyramid scheme.

• Instincts are everything. During the economic crisis blanketing our nation, it is easy for individuals to turn aside common sense in favor of blind desperation or simple greed. But common sense dictates that if a deal looks too good to be true, it probably is.

• Be sure to research the investment company, as well as the promoter’s background. Utilize the internet. It’s a powerful tool, able to provide a wealth of information with just a few clicks of a mouse. A little background research on promoters may reveal shocking details such as criminal records, additional occupations such as record promotion and real estate sales, and an extremely lavish lifestyle, including million dollar homes in places such as Montauk, the Hamptons and Florida, and flashy cars such as Bentleys and Lamborghinis.

· Other flags to watch for include sparse background information on the company website, questionable credentials and licensing of the promoters, generic contact information such as a Yahoo or Gmail email address rather than a professional domain, and additional businesses operating from the same address.

Should you feel that you are already invested in what may be a Ponzi scheme, Kessler advises that you follow your instincts and attempt to pull out your money immediately. The Long Island-based Ponzi scheme has already postponed payout dates, usually indicative of a future collapse as investors are either choosing to no longer reinvest, or new investors are getting harder to find.

For more information regarding the Long Island-based Ponzi scheme and Ponzi schemes in general, see Kessler’s previous press releases at http://www.investigation.com/press66.htm and http://www.investigation.com/press70.htm.

For years, Kessler International has been using its expertise in accounting, computer forensics and corporate fraud to investigate financial and cyber fraud. Established in 1988, Kessler International's satisfied clients are comprised of an extensive and distinguished list of Fortune 500 companies and prestigious law firms worldwide. Its diverse staff includes former prosecutors, former law enforcement agents, attorneys, certified forensic accountants, CPAs, certified internal controls auditors, licensed investigators and researchers.

For more information on forensic accounting, computer forensics, and investment fraud, visit Kessler International’s website at http://www.investigation.com or call (212) 286-9100.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:52 am 

Hey Guys....come on now, pay attention...the restaurant that is still not opened, that you folks loaned already over 2 million dollars to is named Speranza Food Studio, not esperanza and it is still not opened! How are you going to be getting money back from a place that still has yet to pass fire inspections, has no CO and is in the hands of the bankrupt felon Richard Ottimo and he's equally criminal father Anthony Ottimo Sr. The fire marshal closed down his illegal New Years Eve party where he was GIVING AWAY all the drinks and food to a bunch of his criminal friends. Check it out, Richard Ottimo has so pissed off the fire marshal in Nassau County they are going to look at everything and have already hit him with hefty fines that will put him back in court. Checks on January 16th from this "investment" NEVER....

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:59 pm 

As if my frustration level wasn't high enough, I heard something this weekend that, if true, will put me on meds for sure. I'll put it out there in hopes that someone can refute, or confirm, God forbid.

I heard that one of Agape's biggest brokers in Queens used to be a mailman before he starting raking in the dough from Agape. The story goes that despite having no formal business training, he has received millions from Nick Cosmo for bringing people to that table. I even heard that the guy quit the Post Office after more than 10 years there because he was making so much money with Cosmo. I'm told that the guy's name is either Anthony or Sal. I was not given a surname.

If anyone knows someone that fits this description, please post what you know. If Cosmo paid millions to a mailman for "delivering" lambs to slaughter, then I've got a few prescriptions to fill in a hurry.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:01 pm 

Hi guys, I just came across this page and decided to join the debates. I learned about agape from a friend of mine, who has been with agape for about a year. He told me his friend works with agape for several years and made a lot of money with them. To me it looked like a scam, sounded too good to be true, doubling your money in a year is just a sweet looking trap. My friend however convinced me that this company is for real, and I referred some close people to me to invest with them, and was planning to invest myself right after new years. The contracts should have expired by now, but nobody was contacted, although I spoke to someone in the company and he said that some companies had difficulties paying back the loans so they're doing things differently starting in 2009, dispersing money into dozens of different loans, so if some fail to pay back, they will have others who still will, and they'll be able to pay out the interest. Anyway, if it was a scam they would've split by now, right after madoff scandal and all those other scams, all these 'fishy, too-good-to-be-true' investments are now watched through a loop, so I doubt that these guys can just split. Another reason why I don't think it is a scam, is because from what I know they never really advertised, and been recruiting the funds by mouth to mouth of satisfied investors. I also don't think my friend would've vouched for something he wasn't sure of, he's a very careful individual and doesn't ever litter with money, he busted his a$$ for every penny he invested with them. I know I may be just trying to calm myself down with all that talk, but I'll go over there this week and have a talk with the guy who signed me up. I personally would never pay 10% a month to a lender on a collateral backed loan, I can get a better rate from the sharks probably without collateral, only knowing that my head will come off if i defaulted. I'm sure the guys over at agape know that their heads may come off if it's a scam. I'd feel like a real jerk for recommending them to my closest friends if they are really not legit... Anyway, I'll keep you all updated on what happens

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:36 pm 

Scaredofscams, like you my friends have been in this investment for years and some have bought nice houses and cars, they pay for their nice houses and cars with the interest they get from Agape. But after reviewing some of the fact and doing some investigation on the ineternet and visiting fatwallet.com. I am not a rocket scientist but I beliebe 99% there is something not legit about this company. I'm currently trying to get a loan from Agape since they are the only ones lending money in this economy, If I get the loan, you won't hear from me again cause I'm going to dissappear just like agape will in a few months. All Agape investors get your money and don't look back. Don't be greedy that's how people loose money.
Check out the link below

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/finance ... ?start=140

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:42 pm 

Hey Guys...what is wrong with all of you...once again the Dept of Justice called me today regarding the bankrupt felon Richard Ottimo and his father Anthony Ottimo Sr and Speranza Food Studio in Woodbury NY...Agapes investment that will soon pay big bucks...hahaha that's plain old BS...I can't help you people anymore then I already have except for this...CLASS ACTION lawsuit is the only way you stand a chance. 2 million dollars Agape has WASHED with the bankrupt felon RICHARD OTTIMO!!! CALL the dept of justice in Candam Brooklyn and start screaming and bring lawyers or sit here and bitch and watch Nick and Richard Ottimo live on your money...ok!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:40 am 

Archie Johnson...Whats the big deal is someone left a job working for the post office to take a risk and work for a company where they could make a lot more money then delivering mail...I have a friend that had a big time IT job in Corporate America making over six figures a year to start his own internet marketing company where he makes about 400k a month...I am currently an investor in Agape and work in corporate America which I think is a bigger scam then Agape...Lets see how things pan out over the next few months and see if everyone who requested their funds get their checks..Any updates

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:06 am 

archiejohn your grasping at straws so what he was a mailman what were jennifer anniston ,brad pitt, mike jordan etc , before they started making millions. What was madoff before he started scamming people hahahah a big guy on wall street.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:12 pm 

I am still waiting for Meatcurtain s "source" that a local newspaper will run an article that states Agapeworld Inc is a scam and is going to collapse. This is the same guy who has said on several occasions that he will not post anymore replies on this site, but keeps doing so.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:39 pm 

A convicted felon, a DJ, a mailman and various other characters were able to put together an investment model that generates returns far in excess of any SEC registered investment firm. They are able to generate these returns for investors while at the same time paying themselves large commissions that enable them to buy big houses, boats and flashy cars. All this cash is coming from returns on loans to businesses such as construction projects, restaurants and a car wash. Even more impressive is this comes in the middle of a recession that is putting companies such as Lehman, Chrysler and AIG under.

This is America. Anyone can start a new career and be successful.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:09 pm 

Prophet...You are not making sense..Maybe Nick is a convicted Felon that made a mistake in his life 9 years ago or whenever it was...I know a lot of brokers that were doing illegal activity back then then never got caught and became very successful inother ventures.. Half of wall st are felons.So what if one of the brokers is a DJ in a nightclub...Maybe he has been doing it for years long before he started working for Agape and wanted to keep the cash business on the weekends as a DJ...I know a lot of people who are lawyers, Realtors, Doctors and own various other kinds of businesses that are also in the DJ/ Nightclub business...I am in the financial services field and i get approached by people all the time contractors, business owners, or just regular people in need of bridge loans who need short term loans for 2-3 months and are willing to pay 10-20 percent interest...Its not unheard of...Agape is doing this on a much larger scale...When people stop getting there checks that they requested thats when we start to worry...Any updates on these checks that people have been waiting on?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:52 pm 

Ballin08- it is you that makes no sense. You talk about this guy going to jail and trivialize it by saying "I know brokers that were doing illegal stuff that didn't get caught". Be specific...what exactly did these guys do that would put them in JAIL????? You mean to tell me you know people that STOLE $170,000 and got away with it. Did you realize the FELONY that Cosmo went to jail for was not even the reason he was BARRED from the securities industry. He forged a customers signature on a document to move the money into an account he controlled. He didn't go to jail for that because he paid the money back, another $70,000, to the individual. These are separate instances. The reason I know this is that it is part of public record and anyone interested can look it up. Look at the names of the victims listed in his criminal record. I did, and was shocked to see at least two names of people I know. LOCAL people that he conned. And you sit there and say you know people that have done this and didn't get caught and went on to be successful. Are you shitting me?

If you really do have money invested, and this thing collapsed, if you give the answers to the authorities that you are giving in this forum....you can go to JAIL yourself.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 231 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16  Next