ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:14 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 231 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 16  Next
 Post subject: Re: Agape World inc
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:34 am 

If you knew me - you would know that I do not, nor will not say something that I believe is false. So, when I say to you that I can only judge AGAPE on my dealings with them I mean it sincerely. They have done everything they ever promised they would. So, in that regard, I am confident that given time, AGAPE will vindicate themselves as lenders, funders, equity partners etc.

As for what they have taken in from investors, and or have paid out to investors, I have no first hand knowledge so can't make a comment on less than facts. I have been called by many investors over the last couple of days. Some very angry - confused, and even bitter. Some callers were from the other side of that angst. They we understanding and supportive of trying to reach a resolution to all of this. Some claimed to have been hurt. Others claimed to have made a lot of money but were still interested in the reality of the project up here. They were pleased to find out it is a real project.

If you want to know a simple answer as to if I trust AGAPE and Nick - I can say until I have been harmed, and until I see for my own self that investors have been hurt - I have to say I am going to trust AGAPE - if they fail - I will also have to weigh what caused them to fail and I will render a decision then.

I would recommend caution from all, and due diligence in your research. Give the issue a few days to calm down and assess the situation anew.

You may not like my answer but, it is my honest answer.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:42 am 

anticrime
(note from admin: I deleted anticrime's post that mainecmi is talking about here.)
I am not out of my mind. I did not ask for people to invest more money to AGAPE for this project. I stated the base facts. This project is underway, it exists, it will need to continue toward completion, and to do so it will continue to seek funding. Whether it is from AGAPE or not is another matter.

You may be correct in that home sales are down and home values are in decline. You are not correct in your assumption that they are down in Maine. Banks are lending in Maine, not all of them but some are. Homes are selling because they meet a special need. They are not $1M homes, they are affordable homes. Under $200K. That market has not been significantly damaged. Further, the demand for homes is astounding in Belfast, ME as several major companies have relocated their businesses here. So demand for houses is up. Lending to buyers is still in effect. The home prices are affordable. You do the math. Your assumptions are wrong.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:44 am 

Update for this morning: Brokers are calling investors and telling them that they are very sorry but the Company is shutdown and the money is gone. I'm sharing information. Please call your brokers and verify. Thanks.....

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:49 am 

It's just crazy that after everything the FBI and Suffolk Da are involved now. At that point when federal agencies are involved the outlokk is grim. Hopefully like you said, Nick doesnt want to go back to prison and will do whatever it takes to get everyones principals back. If it d that doesn't work out, I hope all these guys with there million dollar homes and half a million dollar cars sell all of it and try to pay people back. The whole violence thing is pretty crazy though, I know there a list of people that really dont care about anything other than beating the S@#t out of these guys. and no it wont get thier money back, but in some way they will feel at ease.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:16 am 

Our money isn't all gone. we'll get it back. we just have to wait til the Movie comes out. What a nightmare.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:17 am 

Maine,
This post is meant to help, not attack you. That being said I don't think you realize what is happening. Agape is a SCAM. Nick is a crook and going to jail (again). He lied to investors, he lied to you. No more money is coming. Nothing is going to be worked out. You have more headaches coming then getting the project complete. If the FBI hasn't contacted you yet they will. You will be going through a nightmare. Not because you did anything wrong but because you are a victim. You didn't do proper due diligence before getting involved with Nick. The sooner you realize that the sooner you can start dealing with the problem. I wish you luck.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:24 am 

Mainecmi- Thank you for your detailed response to my question. It makes absolute sense to me.

You and your company have been in this business for many years. I would imagine you have developed long standing relationships with lenders that have funded your many projects over the years that you have delivered on successfully.

As you pointed out, you are just as dependent on the lender as they on you.

With that, I have a few simple questions-

1. Why did you choose Agape as the funding company for this project and not a company you had a long standing relationship with in successfully completing projects?

2. What other contractors did you contact as a reference to find out what type of partner Agape was on their projects?

3. Since Nick Cosmo is the only "Executive" at Agape, what expertise did HE have in commercial lending that made you choose him as your lending partner and what projects specifically did he partner on that made you comfortable he could handle your project?

Thanks for your time. I really do hope your project continues and the people up there do not lose employment over this. But I think asking people down here to sit tight as they get no clear answers is asking a too much at this point in time.

Basically, in a couple of days in this forum, you have been able to explain the construction end to many that you don't even know.
Cosmo has had months to explain to people that have invested thousands, and has told nothing but half truths and outright lies. You can't ask people with their life savings in this to not seek the truth, which unfortunately at this point involves the Feds and laywers.

Last edited by 014450 on Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:53 am 

To Mainecmi:

I believe you that your dealings with Agape in the $1M Carriage construction are in order. However, Agape/Nick has taken millions of $ from investors (someone mentioned up to $83M) and supposedly put it in the "Carriage project". We did not know that this "Carriage Homes project" is only 8 homes. Now, the investors want their money back and since he has already embezzled the funds, he's saying that the Carriage loan has defaulted. So he's lying to his investors and using you as the scapegoat. It's unfortunate that your little project has been affected because of this, but all this trouble was caused by Agape saying that Carriage defaulted, which we now know is not true and we now know that it's only a fraction of the invested funds.

As i've told other investors, I believe the most of the loans are legit. It's just that he's used a lot more of the invested money to run his ponzi scheme and give out 11%-14% returns every 3 months than actually lending it out.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:03 pm 

actually Maine has been pretty informative, and it would appear a victim as well.

Can any one else confirm that their broker has called and said the company is closed/closing...and the money is gone??

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:28 pm 

I've posted a prior message suggesting methods to harrass Nick in an attempt to get our money back. So to speak ,to extract a pound of flesh from him. Upon futher thought I think that was entirely the wrong approach, if we hope to recover any portion of our investments. I saw Nick yesterday and he said that we will be getting letters from his attornry stating that all in the Carriage contract will be getting their principle back ,no interest ,which I would be happy with. Her also said that the contract due on Feb 6 is ok so far, and he expects to pay on that day. Who knows if any of this is true. But I think that the worst thing that could happen now is investigations and or charges. That would assure him closing down and Agape going under. I believe the best approach at this time is to give him some room in hopes that his statements are true. We don't have any other choice. Once the authories come in all is lost but by giving him some rope there is a glimmer of hope and that is our best shot at this time. I think a key is the Feb 6 date if he does pay off things will look a litte better. I'M sure I'm the minority opinion rigth now but lets quiet down and see what develops, in lets say the next 30 days. To put other pressures on him I don't think is beneficial to us at this time. He also said that hey, banks are going down, the stock market is terrible and these are things he can't controll. Think about it, he's right ,as far as thats concerened.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:33 pm 

cover2 wrote:
I've posted a prior message suggesting methods to harrass Nick in an attempt to get our money back. So to speak ,to extract a pound of flesh from him. Upon futher thought I think that was entirely the wrong approach, if we hope to recover any portion of our investments. I saw Nick yesterday and he said that we will be getting letters from his attornry stating that all in the Carriage contract will be getting their principle back ,no interest ,which I would be happy with. Her also said that the contract due on Feb 6 is ok so far, and he expects to pay on that day. Who knows if any of this is true. But I think that the worst thing that could happen now is investigations and or charges. That would assure him closing down and Agape going under. I believe the best approach at this time is to give him some room in hopes that his statements are true. We don't have any other choice. Once the authories come in all is lost but by giving him some rope there is a glimmer of hope and that is our best shot at this time. I think a key is the Feb 6 date if he does pay off things will look a litte better. I'M sure I'm the minority opinion rigth now but lets quiet down and see what develops, in lets say the next 30 days. To put other pressures on him I don't think is beneficial to us at this time. He also said that hey, banks are going down, the stock market is terrible and these are things he can't controll. Think about it, he's right ,as far as thats concerened.

Wake up---Your money is gone---The cards crumbled---the horse is out of the barn! WAKE UP

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:37 pm 

30 more days???are ya kinding?? In November it was wait 30 more, then decemer the same thing, now in January 30 more??? when is enough enough??

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:51 pm 

A Team wrote:
cover2 wrote:

Wake up---Your money is gone---The cards crumbled---the horse is out of the barn! WAKE UP

The denial is amazing. It is in full effect.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 1:19 pm 

Mainecmi, What, if any due diligence did you perform before doing business with Nick, did you realize that he did two years in federal prision for swindles and fraud.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 1:28 pm 

reality2009- u are friends with the brokers.. what are they saying to you?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 231 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 16  Next