ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:31 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Rockwell Securities Are a Fraud
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:24 am 

Rockwell Securities claim to be a well-respected brokerage house in New York City. Here are the facts:

1. They get their clients via cold-calling (that's how they got me, yeah, I'm an idiot)
No actual brokerage house gets new clients via cold calling. Even the worst scammers ever like Bernie Madoff didn't do cold-calling.
You came to him, he didn't call you first. That's because he was actually registered with the government to trade. Rockwell Securities is not.

2. They are not located at the address indicated in their telephone conversations, or emails that I received. I know, I went to the physical address. It's not like I just got the suite wrong or didn't know how to spell the name. It's not like there was a Rockwell Security or a Rockwell Securities LLC or a guy even a broker for EF Hutton named Rock Wellman working in the building. You know how I couldn't have made a mistake about the lavish building in which they claimed to occupy 3 of the top 5 floors? There was no building. None, on that lot. Nor was there construction rubble as though something had recently been torn down. Just a largish industrial park that had clearly been there for decades....and the warehouse style buildings were all 2 stories high at best.

Yeah, I'm an idiot. And trust me at this point I know it. I'm not comfortable saying just how much I lost. But I will admit that it can be measured in tens of thousands. Yup. Rockwell Securities scammed me that bad. Don't make the same mistakes I did. NO licensed brokerage-house, whether well-respected or considered to be the most terrible brokerage house on the planet, does cold-calling. And even Bernie Madoff refunded money to "investors" when asked, until his scam got too big to be covered up anymore. These guys don't return a single penny. I've come to the conclusion that the stocks I bought don't even exist outside of my mind. Do yourself a favor and avoid Rockwell Securities at all costs. If you get a phone call from them, I'd say that pulling the chord from the wall would be your best move. Thanks for listening, had to get that off of my chest.

Post subject: Re: Rockwell Securities Are a Fraud
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:38 pm 

I am so sorry to read you were scammed. Thank you for sharing your information. You may very well have saved someone else from this scam.

Media Reporter for ScamVictimsUnited.com

Google is your best online friend. Google everything.
http://www.google.com/

For Romance Love scams
http://romancelovescams.mysubdn.com/forum/index.php

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:41 am 

Thanks for sharing the information. I am sorry you got scammed, but your post saved me. I googled them while they were on the phone with me. I am naturally suspect of anyone who cold calls me, but after seeing your post, I just hung up on the guy.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:14 am 

Sportspeople, as least some of them, seem to be ready to trade in their super star for evil, as number has been caught operating investment scams. One of the newest is a recent University Hall of Fame coach, Jim Donnan, who is being sued for supposedly operating a Ponzi scheme. The Jim Donnan Ponzi scheme is just the latest instance, as there are many. Getting caught in a scheme will cost you a ton of short term loans. Before you decide to open up your own business or at least invest your money with a business partner, make sure first that it is not a scam. There have been a lot of victims when it comes to investing their money with the wrong person.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:12 am 

:) I have been dealing with Rockwell for a number of years. I am a British citizen living in England. They have carried out many trades on my behalf (havent made me any money!) and everything seemed above board. If I asked them to sell shares they did and the money came back to my account. If they bought shares I received what appeared to be proper documentation. I returned from a months holiday yesterday and logged into Rockwell to find their website no longer existed and there were other sites such as this indicating they were fraudsters. Does this mean they have sold my shares and run off with the money? If this is the case what Agency in America is tracking then down and bringing the force of law upon them?