ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:27 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 282 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 19  Next
 Post subject: Re: Agape World, Inc. -- Nicholas Cosmo
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:12 pm 

Fascinating. One contract a year means that investors are participating in a "blind pool" and won't know where there money is going. Even less transparency than before, assuming those previous loans were even real. On top of that, for what is obviously a considerable increase in risk, given the recent delays in repayments, investors have their yields more than halved. This in an environment where credit markets are still tight, suggesting that borrowers should be paying more for loans. Moreover, should you need or want access to your money in the first 90 days, you'll give up all of your supposed yield and then some, equivalent to four months of "interest". If you need any more "red flags", this is it.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:19 pm 

Investors are going to be able to access information regarding the contracts and accounts they are involved in.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:23 pm 

You will still be able to see what contracts are going on and for what project they are for, like i said i am pulling my funds out and thats a wrap. I just wanted to see your guys opinions on the whole situation.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:52 pm 

invested wrote:
Investors are going to be able to access information regarding the contracts and accounts they are involved in.

But if you are in for a year and can't access your funds without significant penalty then you'll have no say in whether to invest in a contract or not beforehand assuming they still run 60-75 days, so it is a "blind pool" for one year, since Agape can lend your money any way it wants for one year without your say so.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:54 pm 

NO, you can pull out the interest all you want. You just cannot pull out of the initial investment till 90 days thats all.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:49 pm 

A friend of mine has been trying to get me to invest in Agage World, but it sounded too good to be true. He told me he has close to alot of money invested, after the madoff scandal I told him to take his money out. He has been trying but I don't think he successful, he seems worried like something is wrong, when I asked him if he got his money he said he is still trying.
Doesn't Sound Good.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:12 pm 

I havent heard any problems. I am closing out my account after my last contract which ends around Christmas time. They said i should receive my funds right around the 15th of January.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:49 pm 

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081219/ap_ ... 2lJawDW7oF

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 12:09 pm 

meatcurtains wrote:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081219/ap_on_re_us/madoff_ponzi_schemers;_ylt=AmZIJ_fh2ly_I6d6dQ2lJawDW7oF

That article says it all, especially the part about a Ponzi being "WILDLY LUCRATIVE" for the early investors and recruiters.

This question goes out to all the early investors: Have you received wildly lucrative returns on your investments in Agape? If so, why do you think that is?; because you're a super-genius who is smarter than the average bear? Probably not, boo-boo. Y'all are probably the same people who pat yourself on the back when you buy something that "fell off the truck" for 20% of the actual price. It's called straddling the line between being an idiot and a criminal..........and I'm sure most of your aren't so dumb.

Finally, this question goes out to ALL Agape investors: Have you seen a marked improvement in the lifestyle of the recruiter who brought you into this "opportunity?" Does his/her car cost more than a modest house? Has he/she bought an expensive home recently? Do he/she travel frequently? If the answers to these questions are yes, then you should probably worry because it sounds like your recruiter's experience with Agape has been "wildly lucrative."

And by the way, what was your recruiter doing 5-10 years ago? If he/she was just an average-Joe, or an average-inmate, it's really time to start worrying.

Good luck.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 9:44 pm 

Ponzi investors, you will know if you're in a ponzi if it start to offer unbelieveable contracts like a 30 day contract paying 15-40 percent, don't do it. When the ship is going down these businesses offer these kinds of contracts to get as much money as they can before vanishing. They will also tell you if you take your money out they won't let you reinvest again. Think about that if they are willing to take anyone's money why would they not want yours again, hmmm. Lastly they will give you appreciation gifts such as vacations, gift cards, airline tickets, to be used in 2009 or some time in the distant future to try and calm you down, when the distant future comes, guess what your vacation or gift won't be valid. Some are quite good they do give you actual gifts to build your confidence but think about it if they got your money (20 or 30 or 60 thousand) why wouldn't they spend 2,000 to keep your money.

My friend has been with a certain company for five years and he has gotten paid, he invested 100,000 and has pulled out about 200,000. You might say that's great but what you don't know is that my friend has recruited his entire family and close friends including people that he works with. He has said that he recuited about 100 people total and about $1,000,000 so 200,000 isn't that much when everyone else looses their money cause they still have it in the company, lets do the math 1,000,000-200,00=800,000, Wow. I should get into that business.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 9:57 pm 

Any updates on the checks that went out a couple days ago for the loan I believe was called Enso Steel?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 10:31 pm 

Checks for Enso Steel went out Friday before 4pm.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 7:17 am 

I've been following this thread from fatwallet and now this forum and I have one simple question that I don't believe has been asked.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 7:51 am 

By all accounts, millions of dollars have been paid out to investors, so tens of millions of dollars have been lent out. We've heard about all the "tetimonials" from investors that always get paid and how great Agape is (because they always get paid).

Where are the testimonials from the actual clients, the supposed companies that are actually borrowing the money?

Simply put, somebody put down ONE multi-million dollar loan that has closed and paid out. That means the Company name and address of the project. From there, anybody can validate.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 6:40 pm 

I keep seeing people stating "checks went out friday before 4pm" What does that mean? I suppose you are taking the word of your rep??? Has anyone actually recieved a check???

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 282 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 19  Next