ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:29 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 282 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 19  Next
 Post subject: Re: Agape World, Inc. -- Nicholas Cosmo
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 6:54 pm 

did you not read that article? If it was mailed from Long Island on Dec 11, 11 days ago, why has it not reached you?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:15 pm 

Interest checks are irrelevant. Checks in the mail are irrelevant. Has anyone recently requested a redemption of principal and cashed the check? Until that happens I'd still be concerned if I was an investor.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:43 pm 

ok prophet.........I just say facts.........check was mailed put in my bank and cleared>where as you need toilet paper!
getting every investor nervous....people like you who sit on sidelines should be screened until you say something that has some meaning!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:12 pm 

We are all still waiting to hear from Mr. Cosmo on this forum. If this was a boxing match, the ref would be close to stopping the contest, yet Mr. Cosmo chooses to throw no punches.

If any member of Agape's inner circle reads this........if she/he CAN read, please let Mr. Cosmo know that we are all anxiously awaiting his State of the Ponzi........err.......I mean State of the Company Address. And while you have his ear, please ask him whether or not he loaned investor money to a downtrodden charity (Rose Among Thorns Ministries) whose "Pastor" refuses to answer my email.

Ding! Ding! The bell for Round 12 has sounded Mr. Cosmo. Let's see what you've got.

Arc

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:28 pm 

I spoke with Mr. Kessler on the phone and he did say there have been a number of people calling about Agape. However, it is $3,000.00 to investigate. If he has already investigated Agape, which people are implying, why would he want $3,000.00 to reinvestigate? I have a hard time believing Mr. Cuomo's office would dare to ignore claims that are backed up with hard evidence.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:31 pm 

rockstar wrote:
ok prophet.........I just say facts.........check was mailed put in my bank and cleared>where as you need toilet paper!
getting every investor nervous....people like you who sit on sidelines should be screened until you say something that has some meaning!

Are you claiming you recently requested a redemption of principal and the check has already cleared?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:48 pm 

Meatcurtains, the reason for the 30 days is this. When agape lends money to a client through a bridge loan the client, stated in the contract, has on or before 30 days to pay back the bridge loan. So if a deal closes on dec 29th for it's investors we would be getting paid 30 days later. Also, I know a handful of investors who have recieved there principal back, deposited and cleared. Also, the reference to Kessler office someone posted "its agape." Where in that message does it say Agape World. Just curious. And in regard to Nick responding to this website, I doubt he will. He responded on fatwallet and he really did. Then all the people did was question if that was really Nick Cosmo. I don't believe the man has time for this nonsense. Everybody would just doubt it's him.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:50 pm 

Archiejohn6464, I don't understand why you don't call agape world and ask all the questions you want to Nick. You can just pretend you are your cousin and ask away. Why haven't you done that yet?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:05 pm 

myscents wrote:
Meatcurtains, the reason for the 30 days is this. When agape lends money to a client through a bridge loan the client, stated in the contract, has on or before 30 days to pay back the bridge loan. So if a deal closes on dec 29th for it's investors we would be getting paid 30 days later. Also, I know a handful of investors who have recieved there principal back, deposited and cleared. Also, the reference to Kessler office someone posted "its agape." Where in that message does it say Agape World. Just curious. And in regard to Nick responding to this website, I doubt he will. He responded on fatwallet and he really did. Then all the people did was question if that was really Nick Cosmo. I don't believe the man has time for this nonsense. Everybody would just doubt it's him.

But that doesn't make any sense. The website indicates that the loan terms are 60 days to 18 months. There is no indication that loans are made for 30 days. If a loan is for 3 months or 6 months or 9 months, the funds should be available when the loan is repaid not thirty days later, if, indeed, it was actually ever lent in the first place.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:07 pm 

myscents wrote:

myscents - if you read both press releases from Kessler, they are obviously referring to Agape...unless there happens to be another Bridge Loan lender on Long Island who is also a convicted felon.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:12 pm 

tmp70, from my understanding, the closing date of the loan is on or about 30 days. Yes the loan is for a period of 30 - 90 days (or whatever is stated), but like in a house closing the borrower may close on or about 30 days from the actual ending date.. So if hypothetically the contract days for Enso were Sept 14 - Nove 14th. The Nov 14th date is flexible. Enso can close any where before or after Nov. 14 within 30 days. Therefore payment may not go out right away. Also you have to deal with escrow issues.

Not a lawyer just my understanding of the situation.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:22 pm 

Not sure I follow you. A closing date can certainly be flexible, but a loan term is measured from a closing date. When the loan term ends, the loan has to be repaid in good funds on that day, otherwise the loan is in default. There is no 30 day grace period for repayment. If Agape is brokering these loans on an investor's behalf, then the funds aren't lent to the borrower until closing, but, by the same token, when the loan term ends the funds from "your" loan to the borrower should be immediately available to you for repayment.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:27 pm 

myscents wrote:

It would certainly be an incredible coincidence that with all the notoriety Agape has received over the course of the past year, that another Ponzi scheme happened to be operating on Long Island without a single mention on any forum. It's Agape all right.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:44 am 

I am just as skeptical as anyone else, but there are a ton of companies located throughout Long Island. Do you guys realize how big Long Island is???? Also, I do not understand why Agape has gotten so much interest over the past year. My buddy has invested with them for about 5 years, why all of a sudden are they posted all over the internet??? Another thing, do we really expect someone from any company to come in here and tell everyone that they are not doing anything illegal and they are legit??? I seriously doubt that, and even if they did they would just get criticized that they really were not that person. Guys, we just have to sit back and see if it is them or not them. I was told i will have my funds middle of next month. Once i get them, or if i hear something different i will post immediately. Till someone has some concrete evidence, like someone not getting paid or seeing Agape's name on something saying they are illegal and are shutting down lets just leave it alone.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 7:48 am 

One more thing. What is the benfit to Mr.Cosmo by producing such a scam. You say a ponzi scheme is nothing more than fattening the wallet of the person who runs it. So that this person can live the high life. So what your saying is that Nick is taking millions, maybe even billions of our money and not investing it anywhere and just living the high life with our money. Am I correct, is this what you are saying?

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 282 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 19  Next