ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:58 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 282 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 19  Next
 Post subject: Re: Agape World, Inc. -- Nicholas Cosmo
PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 7:34 pm 

Investor07 wrote:
I keep seeing people stating "checks went out friday before 4pm" What does that mean? I suppose you are taking the word of your rep??? Has anyone actually recieved a check???

Agree, I want to hear of someone actually receiving a check.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:05 pm 

If someones rep. told them that the checks were sent out on Friday, why are you losers checking to see if anyone has received the checks yet? It's only Sunday...

If you guys/gals are invested with AW/AM and you question their ability to pay, request your funds and get on with your life.
If you guys/gals are not invested with AW/AM get a life.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:38 am 

There are plenty of other bridge loan companies and merchant advance companies that exist. Why all the scrutiny on Agape World. What makes them different from the other bridge and merchant companies out there? Can anyone answer this? I would like to know?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:45 am 

Also, by the way. i recieved my interest check for Enso deal on Saturday 12/20/08. So far, everything Mr. Cosmo says is going to happen, happens. Happy Holidays.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:48 am 

Myscents, glad you recieved your interest. However, some of us are wondering if anyone has recieved all of their funds that they have tried to pull. Recieving your interest verifies little to me.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:53 am 

Everything Madoff said was going to happen, happened, right up until 2 weeks ago.....

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:58 am 

Yes a friend of mine did. He received it in two payments as he was told he would.

My brother also received his check Saturday - Interest plus part of the principle he requested.

He is requesting the rest of his principle and was told it would take 30 days.

I understand this is a risky investment, but perhaps some of us are assuming the worst.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:21 am 

I am too requesting all my initial investment and was told i would receive the check around the 20th of January as well. No worries here, i have received all interest payments on time with no problems. I agree, why can they not just be a legit bridge loan company??

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:23 am 

great news, I think we are all glad to hear people are getting their funds!!!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:48 am 

http://www.mortgagefraudblog.com/index. ... heme_case/

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:55 am 

myscents wrote:
There are plenty of other bridge loan companies and merchant advance companies that exist. Why all the scrutiny on Agape World. What makes them different from the other bridge and merchant companies out there? Can anyone answer this? I would like to know?

Hi myscents - the short answer(s) to your question is (a) other bridge loan companies provided detailed account information of where your money is going, a complete audit of the loan itself down to the penny. Agape gives investors about 3 bullet (talking) points of info and no transparency to the financials; (B) you would have a hard time finding another bridge loan company that was founded by, and run by a convicted felon of financial fraud. (c) Other bridge loan companies don't make you wait 30 days to withdraw money that is not tied up in a loan. If it's not currently in a loan, it should be sitting there in the account for easy withdrawal.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 2:53 pm 

http://www.investigation.com/press70.htm

This is a follow up to a previous post.....THIS IS AGAPE

Please do not give these people anymore of your money!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 3:08 pm 

Investor07 wrote:
http://www.investigation.com/press70.htm

This is a follow up to a previous post.....THIS IS AGAPE

Please do not give these people anymore of your money!!!!

that is alarming

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 3:16 pm 

Investor Alert
Another New York Ponzi Scheme appears about to Collapse

New York, New York, December 19, 2008—

The recent headlines focusing on Bernard Madoff have captured nationwide attention. The chairman of Madoff Investment Securities was arrested for apparently running a long-term, fraud-based Ponzi scheme, duping many big name investors over the years for an approximate total of $50 billion.

The news story has caused many individuals to apply more scrutiny to their own investments, focusing on several factors that are obvious red flags indicating they may have invested their own money in a similar Ponzi scheme, albeit on a smaller scale than that of Bernard Madoff.

In the late summer of 2008, Kessler International, the world’s premier forensic accounting, computer forensics and corporate investigation strategies firm, completed an investigation into fraudulent investment operations. The findings were published in an earlier press release, and the results were subsequently turned over to local, state and federal authorities who to date have not acted upon the information, allowing the operators to take advantage of additional investors. At that time Kessler found that almost 98 percent of the investment operations paying exorbitant rates of return are Ponzi schemes.

"In these economic times, people are looking for ways to make their money work for them, and there are individuals that prey on that," said President and CEO Michael G. Kessler. "Through our investigations, we've found that many of these so-called opportunities are frauds and scams, and any potential investor is susceptible, from the novice to savvy financiers."

Recently, Kessler’s Long Island office has again received numerous reports from worried individuals, concerned that they have invested large sums of money into what appears to be a Ponzi scheme run by a local company. As Long Island is known as the capital of brokerage firm scams, as depicted in the February 2000 movie “Boiler Room”, it is no surprise that other fraud schemes have taken up residence there as well.

What Kessler finds very troubling is the apparent lack of concern and the wait-and-see attitude shown by regulators when possible Ponzi schemes are reported by investors. While many of the individuals who run these Ponzi schemes do eventually end up serving jail time, it is often too late for the investors, who then find themselves unable to recuperate any of their lost investment. Based upon conversations with the Long Island investors concerned about their investments, the action they are taking is too late, as the information they have told us raises the red flags that the Ponzi scheme may be on the verge of collapse.

Additionally, many of these same investors, even after seeing the red flags and potential warnings both before and during the investment, choose to do nothing. This can be attributed to greed or the simple hope that they may still get their money back so long as they don’t cause any trouble for those running the investment operation.

The Ponzi scheme attracts a steady tide of initial investors for a variety of reasons, most notably a high return-on-investment after a relatively short period of time. During this economic crisis, in which fear, greed and desperation have forced aside common sense, and even banks are no longer a secure option for many, more individuals are choosing to invest in what appears to be a questionable investment.

However, as the state of the economy has only continued to worsen, what was once a lucrative swell of investors is already beginning to recede, causing many Ponzi and pyramid schemes to fall long before they were meant to. This is evidenced by reports of recent announcements by the Long Island investment entity to investors that payment due dates are being postponed, possibly indicative of a forthcoming collapse.

For more information about Ponzi and pyramid schemes, see Kessler’s previous press release at http://www.investigation.com/press66.htm

For years, Kessler International has been using its expertise in accounting, computer forensics and corporate fraud to investigate financial and cyber fraud. Established in 1988, Kessler International's satisfied clients are comprised of an extensive and distinguished list of Fortune 500 companies and prestigious law firms worldwide. Its diverse staff includes former prosecutors, former law enforcement agents, attorneys, certified forensic accountants, CPAs, certified internal controls auditors, licensed investigators and researchers.

For more information on forensic accounting, computer forensics, and investment fraud, visit Kessler International’s website at http://www.investigation.com or call (212) 286-9100.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 6:52 pm 

merchant check for month ending november mailed out on dec 11,

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 282 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 19  Next