ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:41 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 282 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 19  Next
 Post subject: Re: Agape World, Inc. -- Nicholas Cosmo
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:34 pm 

Jumbo, why are you lying by stating that Agapeworld Inc. is not paying it s investors?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:44 pm 

Really, what contracts are you talking about? When you contract ended?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:52 pm 

MD 1438, tell me the name and date of the last contract that you had been paid??????

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:00 am 

i hear that they aren't paying as well...looks like the house of cards is starting to crumble?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:32 am 

duke42 wrote:
Meat Curtains - how do you explain this going on for 9 years???? That is a hell of a run for a ponzi scheme. Why also would this guy draw so much attention to himself with Entrepenuer Magazine, etc? Why would he make himself available to investors and potential investors to ask whatever questions you want to ask of him. Why does agape come up clean in every search of BBB, D&B, etc? Why do they issue 1099's? Why, why, why if this is a ponzi??? Hopefully you are the idiot for not investing. Maybe in the end you will turn out right (i sure as hell hope not). All I am saying is the guy has been good by me (and many others), the company has done good by me (and many others). There has been a lot of speculating by you and others on these threads. I am going off actual experience. To each his own, everyone has to make their own decisions. You could've invested in a stock like AIG and lost everything or played it safe and got a few points in a CD, so far Agape has been by far my best investment.

ok duke42 - check your facts. 9 years? Do you know where Nick Cosmo was 9 years ago to this day? He was about 10 months into a 21 month Federal prison sentence for financial fraud and swindeling....so how did he start Agape 9 years ago? he didn't. He was released from prison in Aug 2000.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Federal Bureau of Prisons Record

Inmate Locator - Locate Federal inmates from 1982 to present
Name Register Number Age Race gender Release Date Actual / Projected Location

1. NICHOLAS COSMO 49193-053 37 White M 08-23-2000 RELEASED

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:26 am 

Bim, I have been paid my returns on every contract I had this year.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:32 am 

In case you missed it in the last thread, I contacted an Entrepreneur editor and asked what research they did for that, since he'd been convicted of fraud before and it seemed his new company was a Ponzi. She said that they based their list only off of a form they had the people fill out themselves, and did no additional research.

In other words, they could send me a form, I could tell them my business farming poop made $115 million on revenues of $500 million, and they'd say "Wow, you're a success! Page 1 for you!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:43 am 

MD1438 wrote:
Bim, I have been paid my returns on every contract I had this year.

that's about to change - good luck to you. There is a reason all of these contracts are being delayed, there is a reason Agape reps are pushing hard for money and roll-over, there is a reason that they are offering a one year contract to "preferred investors"....this is EXACTLY what happens when the ponzi is falling apart.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:15 pm 
Site Admin/Co-Founder

Okay everyone . . . this has gone on long enough with the back and forth of who is right and who is wrong. Take it off of the board if you want to argue, but stick to FACTS here or the thread will be closed.

Share your story with the media and educate others about scams! Details here http://scamvictimsunited.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=6319
Sign our petition http://www.change.org/actions/view/crea ... s_programs
Follow our blog http://scamvictimsunited.wordpress.com/
Find us on Twitter, Facebook and more http://www.retaggr.com/page/ShawnMosch

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 7:21 pm 

meatcurtains your right there is a reason why checks are being postponed their is a reason why agape is encouraging roll over and to keep your money invested. But do you know that reason. No your just assuming it's a pyramid coming to an end. But I know the reason and the reason is a smart business decision on Nicks part. I know you believe it's a ponzi or pryamid but so far no one has been screwed. And this has been going on for years and no investor has never been paid. The deals that have closed and that are closing soon have pay out dates. One of them is next week. So Nick has never once said something and hasn't done it the benefit of the doubt is going to him. And if investors do get paid on the dates that are stated then the reason Nick has given for the delay is true. My point is only time will tell and right now no investor has any proof or problems to indicate that they are going to lose their money. So it is safe to say that come Feb of 2009 if everyone gets paid when Nick said they would and if they do will you then stop bashing Agape. Also, explain why people are still getting paid for merchant. I understand the situation that is going on and it does make sense based on the state of the economy today. So I advise to hold off on all the bashing until there is definite proof of default on Nick part.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 3:08 pm 

The moderator is right. Opinions, both positive and negative, are just that. Stick to the facts. I am an investor with Agape. I am not endorsing the company or telling anyone to invest. All that I can do is share my experience. Every time I have requested funds, I have gotten them without fail. In addition, my checks from the merchant program arrive every month. One deal got extended and people are concerned. I can understand that. Based on my experience with the company and their employees, I am not going to jump ship.

Post subject: PAYOUT DELAYED AGAIN???
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 3:35 pm 

PAYOUT DELAYED AGAIN??? Has anyone else heard that the (delayed) loan that was due to pay out in late December has been delayed again? My cousin tells me that he heard that the checks will be in the mail toward the end of January. Any confirmation on this will be appreciated since my cousin gets his information third-hand from a cast of characters whose collective IQ probably doesn't crack triple digits. Please help.

Also, I have something else to share that seems way too far fetched to be true, but may be nonetheless. My cousin told me that one of the prior loans in which he invested was to a company known as "Rose of Thorns LLC." When I Googled this outfit in quotes, I found nothing at all, which concerned me quite a bit. However, when I took the quotes off and added "Long Island" to my search criteria, I found the website of a Long Island based charitable organization known as "Rose Among Thorns Ministries, Inc. Their website can be reached at http://roseamongthorns.com/

This organization is based out of Northport, NY and is run by Pastor Sharon Burke, according to the website. They appear to be a legitimate charitable organization in need of donations. If anyone knows anything about this, please share.

What I would like to know is whether Cosmo loaned Agape money to this charity or to some other organization by the name of Rose Of Thorns LLC. Since nothing can be found in Google under this name, I'm assuming that Cosmo may've loaned money to the charity. If THIS is the case, my next question is, why in the world would a charitable organization borrow money from Agape at such an exhorbitant interest rate?

After all, Agape's investors, like my cousin, received a ridiculously high rate of return on their loans to Rose of Thorns LLC.

I'm just sharing because my patience is wearing thin as my cousin continues to foolishly try to convince me that this whole thing is for real.

Any help would be appreciated.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 4:06 pm 

Here are the facts:

Agape was founded by a convicted felon.

Agape claims to be generating returns far in excess of other firms making similar bridge loan investments.

Investors have never seen an audited income statement and balance sheet for Agape itself or for companies Agape has made loans to.

I know for certain how this will turn out but I will keep that opinion to myself until it is proven to be fact.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:25 pm 

Archiejohn the checks for carriage loan will be going out on january 27th plus 1% for the delay. There are payout dates for all loans that have closed. I suggest that you wait to see if the checks go out and stop stressing on behalf of your cousin. He will be paid and all will be ok. Also, did you know that your cousin and I'm assuming you can go with him or you can go and pretend you are your cousin and schedule a meeting this month with Nick and ask him any questions you like. The meetings are held by appointment only. So you call up give your cousins name and they will give you an appontment to sit down and speak with Nick.. The meetings are held in a group off 100 investors at a time and Nick will answer any questions and deal with any concerns the investors have. It might help you ease your mind.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:02 pm 

myscents wrote:
meatcurtains your right there is a reason why checks are being postponed their is a reason why agape is encouraging roll over and to keep your money invested. But do you know that reason. No your just assuming it's a pyramid coming to an end. But I know the reason and the reason is a smart business decision on Nicks part. I know you believe it's a ponzi or pryamid but so far no one has been screwed. And this has been going on for years and no investor has never been paid. The deals that have closed and that are closing soon have pay out dates. One of them is next week. So Nick has never once said something and hasn't done it the benefit of the doubt is going to him. And if investors do get paid on the dates that are stated then the reason Nick has given for the delay is true. My point is only time will tell and right now no investor has any proof or problems to indicate that they are going to lose their money. So it is safe to say that come Feb of 2009 if everyone gets paid when Nick said they would and if they do will you then stop bashing Agape. Also, explain why people are still getting paid for merchant. I understand the situation that is going on and it does make sense based on the state of the economy today. So I advise to hold off on all the bashing until there is definite proof of default on Nick part.

I would be curious to hear what this smart business decision is? Please fill me in. To answer your question, yes...I would be happy to stop posting if this turns out to be legit...and would even invest - who wouldn't with these returns during a time when all other investments are tanking.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 282 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 19  Next