ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:02 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 282 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19  Next
 Post subject: Re: Agape World, Inc. -- Nicholas Cosmo
PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 9:23 am 

I saw the same letter, I have a friend that invested over 5 years ago and he has done very very well. I have only been in for a little over a year and have always received my payments on time. If this is a scam then how come no one has any official complaints, I know all about Nick going to jail, it was discovered when the past threads on fat wallet were posted. When I found out about the jail time, I too was going to pull out my $. That is what some people did, but the truth is he did do his time. He answered all of my ?'s and I feel comfortable leaving my $ in there. I only put in $ I didn't need and I have made all of it back in interest payments. They basically payed for about 18 months worth of my luxury leased car and even the insurance and then some. What I want to hear is not that this is a scam, beware or explanations on why it could be a scam, but I want to hear someone say, that they didn't get paid or even that their cousin didn't get paid. I know of someone that also invested in this contract and received this letter. Why didn't it happen to me? Why didn't Nick just send it to everyone, that loan was not as big as the one I was in. Look, many people tell me I am crazy but I am a very smart individual, if I lose what I've invested, it won't really be a loss will it? I've made $ on my initial investment plus even the $ taxes I will be charged by the IRS. I know people who can lose a lot because they have invested a lot, but have also made a lot. I have had this guy and this company investigated to the last hair on his head with every accountant, financial person, friends who are editors of financial magazines etc. Yes there is a risk, but there always will be with interest rates this high. Don't you think that everyone would do it if it was 100%? But I heard that for the upcoming contracts they are now offering insurance on your $ and your interests all insured by a seperate company. For example if you invest 10k and receive 11 to 12% interest back the insurance company will secure your money for about 3 or 4% of it, high but your money is guaranteed. You might not get the $1200 back every time a contract is over but you'll have around $700, a steep amount just to secure it but hey around 7% is still a lot. I am not sure of the $fees charged by the insurance company but I am sure it is around this much. Also if you don't feel comfortable with this then my advice is do not invest or pull your $ out. No one is stopping you. You can always pull out if the contract is over and if it is currently going on then pull out and just lose some of your $. You can be greedy and leave it in there or if you're paranoid then use the insurance or take your $ out. This is like legal loan sharks. I mean think about it if they are lending out at 25%, what's so weird about giving us the little people 10-12% back? They are the ones doing all the work and they're making 12-15% back as well. At the end of the day, the reality is you got to be in it to win, You can buy 10,000 $1 lotto tickets and might not win a single dollar or you might win a little, even big. Not such a great analogy but I am sick of my old 2% at chase. If I would have invested just 10k about 4 years ago I would already have made over 150 thousand. I want to hear facts not what people think might happen, but if you're going to write stories here about why it doesn't seem real or why it can't work then don't, What I need to hear to really listen is Who didn't it work for? Bad experiences with Agape, This company has been around for almost 10 years and no one had 1 complaint??? Even by word of mouth? Not even a lie of someone saying that they didn't get paid. Never heard of a Pyramid being around for 10 years! Guess there is always a first, Whatever, the truth is if I lose my initial investment, lesson learned. I would never play with $ I rely on to live with, nor should anyone. Gamble what you think you could lose, in the long run I will still be okay with it because not only have I made all of my $ back but I went in knowing that nothing is 100% guaranteed in life but I was sick of not taking risks and watching everyone get rich and make $ and just sitting on my $.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:15 pm 

Wow, pretty long post there. Anyway, I think it's unfair to blast Cosmo this badly. Let's give this company a chance until they are proven otherwise. I think it's the wrong approach to jump to conclusions. I'd like to believe there are still a few honest people left on earth.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 6:38 pm 

It has just come to my attention that Agape may be selling insurance now to protect investors' money. Is this for real? Does anyone know for sure? If so, which insurance company is taking the liability? I'd like to check them out before my cousin decides to fork over some more cash to protect the wad that's already hanging in the wind.

Also, he told me that a guy named Jay Kerick got him into this mess. Does anyone know who he is and how I can get in touch with him?

Thanks.

Arc

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:29 pm 

That would be curious if it's true. Why would insurance be needed to protect the investment if the investment has been touted as being 99% risk-free because of the hard assets that secure the loans?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:02 pm 

What kind of a website talks about the owner as "he" and "him"

There is NO transparency.

None of you have an idea what he is doing it, when he is doing it and how he is doing it.

He is running a concealed business and has a website that smells like SHAM.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:08 am 

No investment is 100% safe everyone knows that. Offering insurance on the investment is a positive option. Most investments don t even offer insurance. As for Agape World Inc being a concealed business and not having transparency, that is completely false. This site should be about FACTS and not about personal opinions, allegations, or hearsay. I have stated the facts in my previous posts and Nicholas Cosmos answered all my questions regarding the company and my investment.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:47 pm 

MD1438 wrote:
No investment is 100% safe everyone knows that. Offering insurance on the investment is a positive option. Most investments don t even offer insurance. As for Agape World Inc being a concealed business and not having transparency, that is completely false. This site should be about FACTS and not about personal opinions, allegations, or hearsay. I have stated the facts in my previous posts and Nicholas Cosmos answered all my questions regarding the company and my investment.

explain what ?s did you ask him

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 3:04 pm 

I asked him how the investment was secured. The loans are secured by an asset lien LTV of 65% or less on commercial property. They also attain a personal guarantee from all principals and full ownership in principals business LLC that controls property. Agape World Inc is also now offering insurance on it s investments. Enough said.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 12:12 am 

Everyone should know that no investment is 100% safe, except that Agape claims on its website that its investors are 99% risk-protected because of the hard asset lien. That they claim that is a fact. So Agape is claiming what everyone should know can't be true.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:48 am 

Agape states 99% not 100%. The company explains the risks in their contracts. The individual investor should perform their own research and due diligence to decide if this is a prudent investment.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 7:37 am 

Thanks for all the testimonials but I'm simply looking for information that I can use to perform some due diligence. Does anyone know the name of the insurance company that is underwriting the insurance that Agape is supposedly offering its investors. If the insurance is bogus, then, as they say........Hauppauge, we have a problem!

Also, I received a PM in which I was informed that I misspelled Jay Kerick's name. I'm told his name may be spelled K-E-R-Y-C. If anyone has contact information for a J, Jay, or Jason Keryc, please post it or hit me with a PM. I need to speak to this guy.

Thanks again all.

Arc.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:42 am 

MD1438 wrote:
I asked him how the investment was secured. The loans are secured by an asset lien LTV of 65% or less on commercial property. They also attain a personal guarantee from all principals and full ownership in principals business LLC that controls property. Agape World Inc is also now offering insurance on it s investments. Enough said.

geez - these are all questions and answers that are stated on the individual contracts. How about some tougher questions, like: confirmation on who these loans are going to? Exact amounts lent out and a spread sheet on loan participants (I find it odd that they will take as much money from investors as they want to put in, it is not capped...but yet the loan amount is fixed). Ask him about the credentials of himself and his staff - nobody in that office has any advanced degree in finance, most account managers have only a high school diploma....if you are blind enough that you can't see what is going on here....I am sorry, but "a fool and his money...."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:33 pm 

MD1438 wrote:

no, this is not enough said. Who is the insurance underwriter? did you ask that? Did you ever think that this was just an elaborate ploy to get even more money out of you?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:34 pm 

If your looking for Jason why don't you just call Agape Wolrd inc. and ask for him.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:34 pm 

just found out the insurance is offered by Agape themselves??????

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 282 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19  Next