ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:37 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: U.S.Equities registry
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 2:19 pm 

I saw a post about this beforeand have recently got contacted by a company called Premiere Asset Management who told me shares that i bought where being taken over by another company for a price much higher than i origanally paid.I would like to know if anyone has ever heard of this kind of agreement before , and also has anyone heard of Collins Capital Management ?

web link is collinscapitalmgmt.com

They have sent all the legal documents including ones from the U.S.Equities registry

Post subject: US equities
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 3:14 am 

Last week we were contacted by Collins Capital Management who informed us that a US company we have shares in is being liquidated. We sent off the forms and they've come back to us wanting an upfront payment of $10,800 paid to their bank in Equador! We didn't pay, suspect scam.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 9:27 am 
Gold Member

Dang that is a huge upfront payment. Your supiscions are probably correct about this being a scam. No bank is going to ask for upfront money to get you your money.

Post subject: Collins Cptl Mgmt
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 3:05 pm 

Hi
I have not heard from Collins for about a week and was starting to get withdrawal symtoms, when guess what ? they tried to contact me again today.I ignored them as usual
On the positive side i got in touch with the transfere agent for "Australian Forest Industries" in US who informed me that they had no knowledge of AUFI going into liquidation,therefore this just adds to the ammunition that Collins are scammers.
If there is anyone out there who can prove otherwise i would be more than interested in their view.
Merry Christmas To All

Post subject: de-restricting us shares
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 5:29 pm 

i also have been contacted by collins capital last month on the same lines of upfront money to lift the restriction of US shares prior to an overinflated return for the purchase of my shares.Today i have been contacted on a similar format by a Japanese company, Sashiko int,in Tokyo. Personal info gained by both parties may have arisen from the initial purchase of shares through Pricestone. Would be interested in hearing of anyone elses experiences with these companies.

Post subject: recertification registration
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 2:33 pm 

I have been contacted by a company called Livingston Mergers and Acquisitions. Livingstonma.com. Has anyone had experience of this one. It all sounds very plausible but I suspect it is probably a scam although they have yet to actually say that the recertification fee would have to be paid upfront and even said that there were agents in the UK who could carry out the task.

Post subject: Re: U.S.Equities registry
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:40 am 

Has anybody had any feedback from Livingston Mergers & Aquisitions as I have received numerous phone calls and documentation from them but have not acted upon this.
It would be good to get some feedback from other members.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:48 pm 

OK I've taken a look at this Livingston M & A.

First I did a Google on the company name..... nothing comes up.

Then I did a Google on the phone number in California..... again nothing comes up.

Next I did a search on the domain and got the following:

Domain Name: LIVINGSTONMA.COM
Registrar: ENOM, INC.
Whois Server: whois.enom.com
Referral URL: http://www.enom.com
Name Server: NS1.LIVINGSTONMA.COM
Name Server: NS2.LIVINGSTONMA.COM
Updated Date: 10-jan-2008
Creation Date: 11-dec-2007
Expiration Date: 11-dec-2008

Here's a quote from the site:

"Over the past decade, we have successfully completed hundreds of business sales and mergers in a variety of industries and locations."

Now as you can see this company claims to have been in business a "decade" yet the domain is only three months old. The copyright at the bottom also says 2007 leading me to believe that the site is also new. Also is the fact that a company that has been around a "decade" should have some sort of history therefore some kind of results should have showed up on the two above Google searches.

With all this in mind..... it doesn't look like a business I would deal with.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 10:01 am 

I have also been contacted today by Livingston Mergers and Acquisitions with a very aggressive offering to purchase my shares for an upfront payment. The matter is very urgernt and if anyone has any experience of dealing with this company I would really appreciate knowing something about them good or bad, as I am very worried by what they have said to me. Many thanks.

Post subject: Re: recertification registration
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:22 pm 

Hi have you had any luck with Livingston?
I would be interested to find out
gw wrote:
I have been contacted by a company called Livingston Mergers and Acquisitions. Livingstonma.com. Has anyone had experience of this one. It all sounds very plausible but I suspect it is probably a scam although they have yet to actually say that the recertification fee would have to be paid upfront and even said that there were agents in the UK who could carry out the task.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 12:55 am 

Sorry, In Sri Lanka at present. I have done quite a bit of investigation into Livingstone and also an organisation which they referred me to called Central Equities Administrators (CEA). My investigations have ranged from the US Embassy in London, The FSA in London (who gave me a telephone number for the SEC in USA) and The Bank of England. None (I stress NONE) of these organisations could give me any confirmation that Livingstone or CEA existed or were in any way authorised. The fellow at CEA who spoke to me said that I should contact the Dept For Homeland Security who he said set up their organisation. They have yet to respond to my query.(My impression of Dept of homeland security was that it was anti terrorist!, not to do with financial regulation) As you can tell this has become a bit of a crusade with me to try and get absolute proof one way or another who is what. Livingstone claimed that my name was on the share register for the company whose shares they were trying to buy from me, but as my shares were bought in nominee account I think that extremely unlikely. They also had my home telephone number and mobile number, again very unlikely to be on a share register. They said they were giving me the opportunity to have my shares purchased at this inflated price but also said they were not crucial to the projected buyout and subsequent liquidation of the company in which case why would they want to pay over the odds for my shares? I suspect that they got my information from the broking company (pacific continental securities)which went into liquidation last year. They have always said that they have already bought a large number of shares for their client, but a look at reports to the SEC for the company in question does not show any significant build up of shareholding by any single investor. Hope this all helps, I would love it to be above board but all the evidence points in the other direction

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 3:02 am 

gw

Thanks for that. Absolutely a similar story for me. That the company I have shares in would be bought up by the end of the day anyway and that it would be put into liquidation and asset stripped within a week and that I if I didn't sell to them I would lose all my stock/money. They sent through documents within an hour demanding up front payments (for the US government) at the same time offering a ludicrous amount of money for my shares. I have no idea how they got my phone number - that is a great worry. I rang the FSA in the Uk and SEC in the states. S E C said the gov't payment they talked about does not exist. I gather the Uk FSA are going to investigate. The S E C weren't really interested - which was a surprise as they are using the name of the US Gov't to defraud people.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:40 am 

just been contacted by;

Livingston Mergers & Acquisitions
110 West "C" Street, Suite 1150,
San Diego, CA 92101
Phone: 1 (619) 819-0721
Fax: 1 (619) 923-3342
contact.us@livingstonma.com

sounds like the same story here, have been approached looking to purchase some restricted stock for an inflated price, i can't find them on any google search etc - does anyone have any news on them. they were looking for a Recertification Registration Charge - supposedly not payable to them, then when the stock was bought they would take the commission before the remainder was paid to the shareholder.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:09 am 

Livingston Mergers & Acquisitions.
Have been contacted by them recently proposing to buy my shares in a company called WORLD AQUATECH
Their website domain is registered in Germany IO believe. I have asked a number of times for them to confirm their
San Diego address, which appears to be located in the middle of the Chamber Building in San Diego. (Ironically their
listed Suite No 1150 is where a public defenders office is also located. The PD Office has never heard of Livingston and
they themselves have the whole floor 11!!
Hope this helps

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:24 am 

thanks for that, it sounded dodgy from the start and this is only confirming my suspicions, thanks