ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:41 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Emil Scheringer
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:16 am 

Thanks for the update on Del. Did anyone see the letter? It is not on Pacer. How does he get to have direct contact with the Judge? Did he fire his latest attorney?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:13 pm 

I have not seen the letter either, but based on what was said in court it is clear to me that Gowing wrote the letter without his attorney's involvement. Gowing has not fired his court-appointed attorney, but he did circumvent the attorney by communicating directly with the judge.

I'll report back in October when this sad saga will hopefully be wrapped up for Gowing. As for Scheringer, his day of reckoning is coming in November.

As always, DO NOT SEND ANY MONEY TO ANYONE AT THE BEHEST OF GOWING, SCHERINGER OR ANY OF THEIR COHORTS. The Black Hole into which Gowing and Scheringer have caused victims to pour tens of millions of dollars is bottomless and is always ready to swallow up another deposit.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:38 am 

hardknocks419: I'm waiting with bated breath on Del's sentencing. Hope you are there.

Post subject: Gowing Was Sentenced Today
PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:06 pm 

After numerous delays that have been reported on this site, Delmer Gowing was finally sentenced today to 22 years in federal prison for his participation in this case. I've attached the Press Release that was issued by the U.S. Attorney's Office earlier today to report the news.

Attachment:
Gowing, Delmar Sentencing PR.pdf [224.27 KiB]
Downloaded 1659 times

To all of those who continue to believe the nonsense that Gowing, Scheringer, and their associates spew about them getting released from prison and collecting untold riches upon their release, this sentence should be a clue that those things aren't happening.

To Emil Scheringer, whose day of reckoning is scheduled for November 9, 2010, what do you think the under/over is on your sentence? I wouldn't make dinner reservations for the next few decades................unless it's at the prison mess hall.

In court today, Judge Daniels called this a "diabolical" scheme and referred to Gowing as selfish and callous. He also seemed to take particular notice of Gowing's lack of remorse, failure to accept responsibility, and lack of sympathy for the victims in this case.

As always, I say to anyone who is asked to send money in the future to any third party at the behest of Gowing, Scheringer, or any of their family members, friends, or associates... DON'T DO IT!!! My suspicion is that these two felons will never stop trying to separate people from their money, but I will never stop trying to prevent that from happening.

To all those who have continued to help Gowing and Scheringer waste hundreds of thousands of dollars over the past year, despite repeated warnings not to do so on this site.....and you all know who you are........I strongly suggest that you find a new hobby. Supporting a loved one does not mean that you should commit felonious acts simply because they ask you to. If you continue to assist these felons in wasting more money please know that you are facilitating a crime that, based on the sentence imposed today, is considered quite serious.

HK419

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:44 pm 

Thanks, once again, hardknocks. It means a lot to get this information

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:45 pm 

Jeffrey Leland Griggs (Jeff Griggs) worked with Emil Scheringer on this scam for many years. In June of this year, Griggs pled guilty in federal court in Des Moines, Iowa to felony charges related to long-term non-payment of child support. On September 24th he was sentenced to 5 years probation and ordered to pay in excess of $26,000. As far as I know, Griggs has not been charged for his part in Scheringer's wire fraud crimes. If anyone has more information about this, a posting here would be appreciated. Thanks. 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:10 am 

I have learned that Emil Scheringer was not sentenced yesterday, as scheduled, but WILL be sentenced by Judge Daniels on February 15, 2011, at 10:00 am.

I believe that Scheringer's attorney may have asked for the delay so that he can continue to look into mitigating factors, including Scheringer's mental health. I'm told that Judge Daniels reminded both sides that issues involving Scheringer's mental capacity were litigated before and during trial and were rejected by the jury.

It seems to me that the judge is willing to entertain these delays because Scheringer is already behind bars serving the beginning of what will probably be a very long sentence when it is handed down.

Again, if you are being asked to send/receive money to/from any third party because you've been told that it will help Scheringer or Gowing get out of jail, STOP WHAT YOU ARE DOING and call the U.S. Attorney's Office at 212-637-2723 OR 212-637-2546.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:35 am 

I heard it through the grapevine that the upcoming sentencing of Emil Scheringer may be postponed again for several weeks. I'll post again when I have more information.

In the meantime, as we eagerly wait to learn Scheringer's well-deserved sentence, I'm posting some old videos that appeared on ABC's 20/20 about 4 years ago for the edification of anyone who has ever believed a word uttered by Scheringer or Delmer Gowing about their so-called foreign business deals.

While hundreds of thousands of viewers have seen these videos, I'm afraid that there are still some out there who believe that the West African scams are real........THEY ARE NOT!!!

In my view, Scheringer and Gowing are far worse criminals than the idiots who can be seen in these videos because Scheringer and Gowing had NO NEED to defraud their victims. Scheringer and Gowing, who were born and raised in this country, did not grow up in abject poverty and had every opportunity to live good lives. And the worst part about our home-grown fraudsters is that they are still telling others that their scams are real. These two are truly dangerous.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PVK0R01tRw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puYEUs18MFI

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:57 pm 

Attachment:
Scheringer, Emil Sentencing PR.pdf [82.36 KiB]
Downloaded 1672 times

Here is the Press Release issued by the U.S. Attorney's Office in New York today after the sentencing of Emil Scheringer.

As Mr. Bharara aptly stated, "Today's stiff sentence is a just result for a man who so flagrantly flouted the law."

And to everyone else out there who continue to flagrantly flout the law by helping Scheringer and Gowing continue to raise money/transfer money from prison for this nonsense, your day is coming. You may want to turn yourself in now because waiting for "the knock" can be extremely nerve-wracking. Justice may be slow, but it's a female-dog when it's served.

Talk to you soon.

HK419

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:55 pm 
Site Admin/Co-Founder

There was a news article on this topic, and Scam Victims United was mentioned in it

http://www.courthousenews.com/2011/02/18/34289.htm

Share your story with the media and educate others about scams! Details here http://scamvictimsunited.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=6319
Sign our petition http://www.change.org/actions/view/crea ... s_programs
Follow our blog http://scamvictimsunited.wordpress.com/
Find us on Twitter, Facebook and more http://www.retaggr.com/page/ShawnMosch

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:32 pm 

Thank you so much for letting us know about Scheringer's sentencing, HK419. I am hoping that should any of the paid recruiters ever be arrested and taken through the justice system, you will be in the know and keep the rest of us informed on this website as diligently as you have with Gowing and Scheringer. Thanks again.

Thank you to you, too, Shawn, for this website.

gjg

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:39 am 

As we await the outcome of the Appeals filed by both Gowing and Scheringer in this case, please read the article below that was recently published on-line.

http://blogs.forbes.com/billsinger/2011 ... -oil-scam/

And in case you were wondering, yes, Gowing and Scheringer have FREE attorneys working on their behalf in the Appeal process. If it were up to me, I'd send their families a bill for any legal fees incurred from here on out. Of course if their families had any self-respect, they'd be volunteering to pay for the Appeals.......that is, of course, if they truly believed that their loved one is innocent :!: Hmmm :!:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:43 pm 

do you know if Jan Sagat's name came up in the trial? I am trying to track down information on him -he has been scamming a man with dementia for quite some time - i have a hearing coming up and would love to have as much info as possible - issue at hearing is not jan sagat - rather, the incapacitated person's insight and judgment - he has been scammed out of tens of thousands that we have been able to trace - his wife suspects it is at least $ 185,000.00. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:37 pm 

As I posted on this site in 2007, BEWARE of Jan Sagat. He is a slippery snake who has managed to escape prosecution in at least two different cases in which his buddies all went to the pokie. How many times can a guy raise money for ridiculous schemes before he is held accountable for his actions?

If what you are saying is true, Sagat is probably hooked up with another fraudster at whom he will inevitably point his finger when the feds come calling. Don't let him fool you...........he's a professional "agent of fraud" who needs to be kept away from other humans. Please be careful with him.

If anyone is interested in the details, send me a private message and I'll provide you with the case captions for the above-mentioned cases.

Post subject: They're Baaaack!!!!
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:38 pm 

Just when you thought this nightmare was over, I heard it from some friends that Scheringer and Gowing are STILL trying to raise money for this scam. I nearly passed when I heard the news because I know that they're essentially in prison for life for running this hustle. Given their already impressive body of crime, Scheringer and Gowing are probably going to be remembered as the Babe Ruth and Lou Gehrig of Fraud when they are finally retired from this world. I'm guessing that they will never volutarily hang up their cleats............or their phones :lol:

May be they need to bring Old Sparky out of retirement for these two!!!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next