ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:27 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: Emil Scheringer
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 9:16 am 

If anyone has had any contact with Emil Scheringer in 2007 regarding his "African contracts," you are encouraged to contact the U.S. Attorney's Office, Southern District of NY, at 212-637-2101, or the U.S. Postal Inspection Service at 212-330-5254.

Mr. Scheringer has been indicted for Conspiracy to Commit Wire Fraud and has been ORDERED by the judge in his case NOT to solicit additional money or to allow others to raise additional money on his behalf. He has also been ORDERED by the judge NOT to speak to potential victims or witnesses in this case. Mr. Scheringer has been accused of violating Federal Law and was arrested in April 2005 for his actions. This is a serious matter about which Mr. Scheringer may fail to tell you if he is trying to get your money.

If you have any knowledge that Mr. Scheringer has violated any of these conditions of his release, please call either of the two above-listed telephone numbers. Mr. Scheringer's trial is scheduled to begin shortly.

Please don't become another victim of this individual, like me.

HK419

Post subject: Jeff Griggs, Jan Sagat and others
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 5:44 pm 

As an add-on to my original posting, anyone who has had dealings with Jeff Griggs, Jan Sagat, or any of the following names, is quite possibly doing business with Emil Scheringer:

Jay Merkle, Eric Merkle, Helen Mayfield, Ernest Schrab, Guillaume Fortin, Don Foster, Del Gowing or Joanne Faber.

If you have invested any money through any of these individuals you should probably contact the U.S. District Attorney at the number listed previously because it is likely that Scheringer caused this person to convince you to give up your money. If so, he should be tossed back in jail while he awaits his criminal trial.

HK419

Last edited by hardknocks419 on Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Scheringer Info
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:17 pm 

I too, unfortunately, know a little bit about this sort of con. I've learned (the hard way) to conduct due diligence on these SOB's.

With regard to Emil Scheringer, although I don't know him, I did a few quick internet searches on his name. Wouldn't you know it, he has at least 4 outstanding tax liens against him in New York State dating back to 1994..........related to Tongor Trading? Tens of thousands of bucks!

He also apparently has an aversion to paying his rent as I learned by searching the West Palm Beach Clerk's website. Some hotshot!

Lastly (and I haven't even really warmed up yet), he has a million dollar judgement against him in Florida dating back to 2003 for his involvement in Annuit Coeptis. What the hey is that, a money-printing business?

All I can say is that with the advent of the internet, there is no reason to let these BS'ers keep you in the dark. If this guy is convincing you to give him money, then I've got a piece of ocean-front property in South Dakota that I'd like to sell you! Just keeping it real.......

This website is awesome!

Post subject: so what?
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:02 pm 

wow! you've impressed me with your ability to surf the internet. big deal! i found that scheringer also has a bunch of eviction judgments against him in broward county florida. (i guess you missed them...lol) again, big deal. they are from 1998 to 2000. as for the tax problems that you so boldly brought to our attention, they date back to the middle 90's......probably before he established himself as the man he is today. and they've probably been paid off by now anyway.

give the guy a chance!!! its only been a few years. my friend made an investment with scheringer in 2006 and it should pay off soon. that's about a year and a half and with the return she's expecting it will make her look smart when she cashes in. its not like she's been waiting 5 years.

Post subject: Scams
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 10:42 am 

It looks like anyone defending this felon has worked with him on other scams. Or maybe TM4EVA fell for one of the scams and is on denial. Face it, once a loser, always a loser.

Post subject: Evidence???
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 4:51 pm 

First of all, calling someone a felon who hasn't been convicted of anything is wrong. Secondly, suggesting that someone who doesn't jump to conclusions is in denial or has been involved in some prior scam is malicious.

If your money isn't at risk, keep your opinions to yourself. If you have EVIDENCE that Scheringer has defrauded my friend, present it so we can intelligently make our next move.

In fact, if anyone has evidence that my friend has been swindled, please speak up. My friend has assured me that she will have her payout before the first of the year which would make her investment period less than 2 years.

Has anyone been waiting longer than 2 years to get paid? If so, please let us know.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 9:35 pm 
Site Admin/Co-Founder

let's try to stick to the facts on the board

Share your story with the media and educate others about scams! Details here http://scamvictimsunited.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=6319
Sign our petition http://www.change.org/actions/view/crea ... s_programs
Follow our blog http://scamvictimsunited.wordpress.com/
Find us on Twitter, Facebook and more http://www.retaggr.com/page/ShawnMosch

Post subject: My experience with "soon" (for tm4eva)
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 3:07 am 

For tm4eva and any others who doubt this is fraudulent and believe the stories: Promises of "very soon" for over 5 years with never-ending stories of "one last thing" needing payment indicate the unreality of the promise.

I wrote off my loan to a friend over 5 years ago, but he has been promising "very soon" but asking for money for "one last thing" ever since.

Emil is no doubt committing criminal fraud. His helpers are either fraudulent, dishonest, deluded, or psychotic - either way, don't trust these guys.

The stories are so fantastic that they seem too extreme to be made up! One characteristic is usually that the payout is very soon, today, or tomorrow or in within the week. But there is always only one last hitch that needs some more of your money. And the promise of 3 times your investment is seductive, urging one to believe against common sense. But sooner or later one must admit that one has been duped. This is one case where optimism will not serve you.

They even try to convince you that the US Postal Inspectors (or the bankers, government agents, or judges) are criminal and are out to get the huge money for themselves. I urge you to contact the US Postal Inspectors and see for yourself. They have been very reasonable, helpful and trustworthy. The scammers would have you believe the authorities are the bad guys. As hard as it may be to admit you've been defrauded, I urge you to discontinue funding these schemers, and contact authorities. Don't waste any more money - if they tell you only one more little investment is needed, if it were for real they'll get the money from somewhere. Contacting US Postal Inspectors will clarify a lot, and you'll find them very helpful and straightforward. But you'll have to face yourself and that may be the hardest part. Avoiding admitting to yourself you've been defrauded may allow you to be preyed upon further.

tm4eva - at least decide how long you are willing to wait. If you won't stop funding them now, decide when or at what amount you will stop funding them, and then stop at that point. They will never stop trying to seduce you into spending more. You must stop yourself.

I hope that sharing my experience helps you to evaluate your own experience as soon as possible.

Post subject: Update on Scheringer Case
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:25 am 

I just learned that 2 new prosecutors are handling the case against Emil Scheringer. One of the prosecutors is Mr. Hickey and he can be reached at 212-637-1039. I will post the other name and number when I obtain it. The case is scheduled to go to trial Feb 20. Anyone with information should call. Let's get to the truth of this matter.

I'm just wondering out loud whether or not TM4EVA's friend ever got paid. An update from TM4EVA would be helpful to all.

HK419

Post subject: Re: Emil Scheringer
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:54 pm 

I just learned that the other prosecutor handling the criminal case against Scheringer and Gowing is MS. RITA GLAVIN. Her number is 212-637-2208.

TM4EVA, where are you???? Please let us all know whether or not your friend has been paid. Any information, from anyone, would be appreciated.

HK419

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 5:43 pm 

So what is the latest on this topic?

i have 250000 invested and want to know when and if im getting it back???

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 12:06 pm 

I too invested $250,000 with Emil through Jeff Griggs.....the last I heard from Griggs was 2 months ago. Conveniently, he doesn't have money for phone service so no way of getting in touch with him, but he's "hiding out" in Kalispell, Montana. His only source of income is preying on new investors. I've listened to his, and Emil's, promises of 3 to 1, 10 to 1 paybacks for 10 years..........nothing has materialized. My advice to everyone: We're not going to be repaid so do not get involved with these guys.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:57 am 

heres a little information you guys are missing out on. first of all, you guys are wanting the FBI to get involved and any other source of goverment to get your money back. however sadly to say, it will never happen. Emil has shown proof of money he has. yes it may be some of your money, but look at the facts of how the goverment works. The market is down, US has no money, they are in the hole. Goverment has full control over Emils funds, the only thing they are missing is his name. Therefore they will not let his funds be givin back to him or any other high dollar funds to anyone else in the US until they can get a piece of it. The FBI will tell you sure, they are helping you get the money back, but why dont you ask them how they are doing it? truth to the matter is if you go back and look in records from past "scans" and see just how many people got their "lost" money back from the fbi, you will find NONE of them actually recieved the amount they had in it. You guys know how to use the interenet, quit being biased about it and look up the facts. The US goverment will shut down anyone who has more money. Look at Bill Gates, goverment shut him down, and the FBI and US goverment even use his technology that he created! If you guys all want your money back, why dont you start checking out the facts of higher up people that actually hold the money and find out why it isnt being released if its proven that its been stolen from you men. and start with the president of the US and FBI. this US goverment is a bunch of BS'ers and stealers. if they wasnt than this country would not be in the hole today.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:38 pm 

Can anyone give me any more information about Jeff Griggs of Whitefish or Kalispell MT? He is telling us he is a partner in one of the world"s largest oil importers, importing from Africa. He is shopping (supposedly) for large tracts of land in Whitefish and Aspen CO to build a "family compound and conference center" His story doesn't quite sound plausible. I can't find any legitimate info about him on the web, and if he was real, I would be able to. Who is he? What can you tell me about him? Thanks!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:47 pm 

Cowboy, I have a cell phone number for Jeff Griggs from Whitefish or Kalispell MT. Please tell me more about the nature of the scam you think he is perpetrating. I have been in contact with him in the last week.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next