ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:30 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 12:42 pm 

According to an e-mail I received on September 7 from the US Dept. of Justice, "The sentencing hearing for defendant(s), LARRY EISENBERG, has been set for September 21, 2007, 10:30 AM at CTRM 11B before Judge DENISE L. COTE."

I hope this date holds. It's been delayed twice now. :?

Post subject: new hearing
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 12:48 pm 

Thank you for this info! I'm hoping that one reason for the delays is that Eisenberg has been cooperating and implicating others. But I don't want him to get off the hook...

Post subject: It's over...
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 10:29 am 

Well... he went to jail but we got NOTHING (unless I'm reading this wrong). Anyone know of anywhere that we could sell these relatively useless "gemstones" and get at least a couple dollars back for the thousands we spent?

Internal Case Number: 2005R02536
Court Docket Number: 06 CR 0781

Defendant, LARRY EISENBERG, was sentenced by the Court on September 25, 2007. The Court ordered defendant, LARRY EISENBERG, to serve the following term of imprisonment:

33 month(s)

Upon release from confinement, the defendant shall be on supervised release for the following term:

36 month(s)

Please note that certain documents (i.e. indictment, judgment, etc.) may become available periodically on the internet at http://WWW.Notify.USDOJ.GOV under the field "downloads/links." You will need to log in using your VIN number and password to access any existing documents.

Post subject: restitution
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 5:04 pm 

I am thrilled to tell everybody that my relative received a restitutiion check today from this case. The check was for several thousand dollars. It did not cover his losses, but paperwork accompanying the check leads us to believe there may be additional compensation coming later. I hope everybody in the days ahead has similar great news to report. I am so thankful to everybody here for sharing their stories and info, and especially thankful to emdee for providing the contact information that enabled my relative to make a claim. You did a great thing for my family, and I will always be grateful. And, of course, immense thanks to Mr. Cinnamo and all the people who investigated and prosecuted this case. Hopefully, additional arrests will follow.

Post subject: additional info
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 5:12 pm 

Just wanted to add that the check is dated Oct. 3 and was postmarked Oct. 4 from the court in New York. We are on the East Coast. People in the Midwest and West should hopefully get something in a few days. Fingers crossed for everybody!

Post subject: LVZ
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 2:07 pm 

I received a check on Saturday Oct 6th. The accompanying paperwork does indicate that there will be more payments coming to me. This is awesome news. I certainly hope that this investigation will lead to the prosecution of the LVZ personnel that swindled so much money from all of us.

Post subject: I received a check too....
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 3:56 pm 

I received a check today. I'm so thankful if it is for real - this whole thing has made me into a very skeptical person, however!! Please reassure me that it's a good check.

I never actually expected to receive any type of retribution but was hoping that we could, at the very least, keep others from being taken in. Thanks to all of you for your input!! Maybe our nightmare is over.

:D

emdee

Post subject: Good things do happen!
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 4:58 pm 

I also received about 65% of what I had invested in a Federal check. I also received a form to update my info for future payment. I'm not sure how much more money I will receive, if any. I plan on filling out and sending it back in. I am very happy to get this back! I thought that I would be stuck with worthless gems. I want to thank everybody that posted information to help get this done. Without this site, I wouldn't have known what to do. I also want to thank all of the people in New York who worked on this case. I know it's your job, but it feels real good to have someone in my corner that will make a differance. Thank You!

Post subject: Unbelievable!!!!
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:41 pm 

I too just received a check today for about 65% of my investment with these people. I had totally given up on seeing anything out of this whole fiasco but low and behold, there still is some justice in this world.

I'm still in a state of disbelief, but the check is certainly real!!

Now I'm just wondering if I have to pay taxes on this as income. Anyone know?

Thanks to all (especially Mr. Cinnamo)!! Scam Vistims United, YOU are the greatest!!

Sizzle!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 5:42 am 

I also received a check. Many thanks to Mr. Cinnamo and everyone else involved with this case. I certainly wasnt expecting to get back as much as I did and I'm very grateful.
As far as this money being taxable, I would think that it would essentially be classified as a partial refund of money you spent (and were already taxed on). But don't take my word for it.

Post subject: Check?
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 7:58 am 

Did everyone on here receive a check? I haven't seen anything come in the mail yet and I'm not far away on the East Coast. I submitted my paperwork to Mr. Cinnamo and the victim impact statement to the DOJ... not sure if I missed something? Or maybe I didn't get hosed as bad as others and so I fell below some threshold?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 12:31 pm 

The check that I received certainly gives me a warm fuzzy feeling regarding our justice system. I'd like to thank all who have posted, Mr. Cinnamo for his correspondence with all of us, and emdee for your original post. I'm glad that you had your suspicions because I certainly did very early on.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 2:36 pm 

scottiegee - the check I received just came in Tues, 10/9/06, so don't give up hope yet. Also, you can email Mr. Cinnamo and make sure that your paperwork made it into the system. I certainly hope that no one was left out!! Please keep us informed.

I sent a thank you email to Mr. Cinnamo - without his efforts, I doubt we would have seen this outcome.

emdee

Post subject: Oops! Nevermind...
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 7:29 am 

Oops! Nevermind... I figured out my own problem. I moved in July and so the address the DOJ had on file was my old address. I updated that address and then picked up my old mail yesterday from the guy I know who lives in my old place and (voila!) check was there! Thank you so much to everyone on here for all of your help. I do agree that the paperwork indicates we may be getting further restitution, no doubt as all of Mr. Eisenberg's worldly assets are liquidated. Now I'm off to mail in the form that came with the check to make sure they have the correct address from now on.

Post subject: Good!
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 12:05 pm 

Good deal, scottiegee!!
emdee

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next