ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:08 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Another runaway employee
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 9:59 am 

scottiegee - you've added a new name to the "contacts" who have abandoned LVZ. I'm sure that Starkman told you that he didn't have Kristine Lavallee's passwords for her computer - that's what he told me about Linda Stocker and her sudden departure from the company.

I notified the BBB Quebec as early as Sept '06 and only now have they changed their website to unfavorable. How many people could have been saved these problems during that time period?

I'm glad you found this website - go to page one of this whole thread because there are many more contacts that you can make that may help. Mr. Cinnamo, however, has been the only one to actually make progress from my point of view.

I'm sure that Starckman and his women or woman with many names has already set up business under a different name that probably also has the BBB seal of approval. I wish we could find a new website and could track it down to this set of thieves.

Please keep us informed on any info you obtain. And, I'm sorry to say -- welcome to our club.

emdee :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 10:34 pm 

Ok, got all of my invoices, emails, and other documents off to Mr. Cinnamo. I think I was first suspicious when I got an email from kristinelavallee2004@yahoo.com... why not from lucasvz.com? But I was already in by that point.

Let me start a discussion that needs to be had on this forum and has not been posed yet... where did they get our phone numbers (or other contact information) from? I'm guessing it's off of free trade magazine subscription lists. Then they know they're getting busy working professionals looking to invest and not schmucks with no money. Anyone else have an idea what the "common thread" is between that we got singled out to be victims of this scam?

Post subject: That's a good question...
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 9:21 am 

they actually made first contact by calling my husband at work. I wondered how in the world they got that number. Our home phone is on the do-not-call list but once they made the initial contact, they could legally call here.

At the time, we had many distractions going on. My dad had just been diagnosed with lung cancer and we should not have been making big decisions at that time anyway but live and learn. And, try to help others from going through the same thing.

That's another issue: get on the Do-Not-Call List. It might help some.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 12:56 pm 

Their initial contact with me was at my work number as well. I gave Kristine Lavallee my home phone number and cell phone number when I was trying to get ahold of her and she wasn't responding but no matter what she only ever called my work number. I'm guessing that's a standard policy of theirs since I can easily hook up a recorder to my cell phone or home phone but not so much on my work phone.

Post subject: They called our home...
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 2:19 pm 

after the initial contact at my husband's work, the calls always came to the home. "Linda Stocker" called with her "unbelievable" deals. She had an English accent. I'd be willing to bet that she was more than one of these personalities that we each know under a different name. She claimed to have children - let's hope that was a lie as well; I'd hate to know that a thief and liar like that reproduced!! I say that hoping that she, herself, has found this site and is reading it.

In the end, when I finally told Starkman that I didn't trust him and our dealings were over - in fact, I sent a fax to him informing him that I was going to contact authorities with the information. After he received the fax, he called my home and I did not answer. He called at least twice and I ignored the call. By that time, I figured that a thief and a liar could also be even worse and I wanted no more dealings with him. After seeing that I refused to answer the phone anymore, he called my husband at work. Wasn't that odd since he had claimed to know nothing about me because when "Linda" left, she didn't let them know her computer passwords. Yeah, right - he came up with that work phone number a little too quickly for me to believe that. He tried calling the home a few more times and I never answered a call from them again. He was simply stalling for time before being reported.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 11:57 am 

I stayed with the company as long as I possibly could without placing myself in bankruptcy....I thought of seeking restitution from Larry Eisenburg myself for ruining my career but to what avail....I wish you all well and success....A man like that will get what he deserves...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 7:55 pm 

I was also first contacted at work. That sounds like a good theory about them getting a list from free trade publications. I was subscibed to several engineering type mags. The first person from LVZ to contact me was Peter Fuzes. My "account" was taken over by Kristine Lavalee when Peter passed away.

Post subject: Scammed too.
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 10:06 pm 

:cry: I was first contacted at work also by a Bill Powell. I asked where he’d got my name and he told me via an executive/professional list. I knew it was probably mailing list for engineering magazines or the like of which I received 2 or 3 a day. I knew better but after checking them out with the BBB of Canada and doing extensive searches for any fraud possibilities, I bought in. Bill sent me the stone and I sent Bill my money. He would call pretty regular with these awesome deals I should be taking advantage of but I wouldn’t send another cent until I got my return in that promised 8 -12 months. After about 13 months had passed, I called for old Bill, he’d retired or something. Kristine Lavalee took over for Bill and let me know that my stone was soon to be up for auction and expected good things! Something told me I had lost when I talked to her. I felt like a fool and never called back. Recently I pulled out the old files from back in January of 2005 and thought I’d look up Lucas - Van Zenten. I see that indeed, I’ve been scammed along with others. I have one Columbian Emerald @ .72 Ct if anyone is interested? I could sure use the money right about now. More than that however, I can’t seem to slip this shame and ‘raped’ feeling. I’m ashamed to have fallen for something like this… I hope Bill and Kristine are at least, as ashamed. :cry:

Post subject: My sad story
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 12:04 pm 

Hello my name is Dave and I'm a scammed person. I feel the pain of all of you. I have 2 gems that I am stuck with. The person that I talked to was Gloria Prosterman. She was a very pushy person. I may have found another scam that she is involved with. She seemed to use her real name for this. Here is a link to a charity site for cancer that she wants people to send money. http://mo07.uncoverthecure.org/site/TR? ... cale=en_US I am not totaly sure this is her, but it is worth checking into. The name is the same and the city that LVZ was in. If anybody checks this site out and finds anything, please let me know. Also keep in mind this site may be ligit, so please be careful. Some of the things on her website really reminded me of LVH. Really fishy. Like her money goal was almost met. Stuff like that.

Post subject: Poor Mr. Starkman
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 12:49 pm 

Poor, poor Mr. Starkman - so many employees "retiring" or "running off" so suddenly. Of course, I'm being sarcastic. I'd love to know if they've setup a new website under a new name.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 10:45 am 

If anybody checked out the web address that I posted you will see that Gloria Prosterman was on this site. It didn't take long for her photo and name to get taken off of the site. I am almost positive that it was her. A salesperson for LVZ.

Post subject: I went to the site...
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 1:01 pm 

Notasrichguy, I went to the site the day you first posted it and saw her photo. If they've removed her now, that's probably a sure sign that she is the person you're talking about and that the "good cause" they are collecting money for is a hoax as well as LVZ.

I hope that everyone has cancelled their credit card numbers they used with these creeps - if not, do so today!

emdee

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 10:04 am 

Mailed all of my documentation and victim impact statement form to the US Attorney's Office in New York yesterday. Hopefully it will help them nail these guys and maybe help some of us too. Looks like the next court date is July 13th.

Post subject: Impact Statement
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 2:11 pm 

Could some of you post examples of what your impact statements say?
Thanks,
emdee

Post subject: sending info
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 8:05 pm 

I sent a copy of all the information to Mr. Richard Cinnamo's office. My information included everything that I had received from LVZ. Did anyone else talk to Gloria Prosterman? Just wondering. If so, I know where to find her now. She may be helpful to ratt out her friends in crime.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next