ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:22 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:50 pm 

Today I as well was called by Mr. Cinnamo who asked me to fax the invoices to him so he can built a restitution case for the July sentencing. I'm also going to include the evaluation sheet used by Steven, my jeweler, and my own Excel sheet where I was calculating "gain" over time for each piece. This goes for anyone else who is a victim as well. If you are reading this and are a victim, call Mr. Richard Cinnamo at the phone number in an earlier post in this thread and tell him your details, then get him the information he needs.

When I heard that word "restitution" that was music to my ears. Although there is not absolute certainty in it, I must acknowledge.

Prospector, I'm very sorry to hear about your situation. It sounds like your monetary contribution was far greater than mine. I am not bankrupt, but as I said, the initial amount I contributed (and the supposed gains from it) were nearly my entire nest egg, which was/is going to be a huge down payment on a house. But the fact that there has been one arrest so far, that there is a case, that the arrested pleaded guilty, and that a case for restitution is being built, shows that there is very concrete hope. As well as the fact that there could be more arrests in the case since Eisenberg could be a lead. Maybe his arrest really did scare the crap out of the Lucas-Van Zenten people, and they left the company not as part of their M.O., but because they feared arrest. Ha ha!

As for being made a fool of--just shrug it off. Seeming a fool is only as big of a deal as a person thinks it is. So shrink it down to a grain of salt, then toss it away. What matters is getting the money back and getting justice served, isn't it?

The bottom line is this: There is a case that is proceeding strongly in the victims' favor. This is exactly what we want to happen. As far as we know, this case could escalate and get all of the people who got us. Would that be sweet or what? :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 10:24 am 

Yet another victim of LVZ and Mr. Eisenberg here. I have suffered a considerable loss as well. I spoke with Mr. Cinnamo yesterday, and am putting together my documents, emails, fax's, certificates, etc.

Thanks to those on this website for opening my eyes (however a little late). Hoping we can at least stop these crooks cold in their tracks, and not allow them to continue under other names.

Gene Savitch, Kelly Benson, and Kristine Lavalee were my contacts there. Nice people, and not sure if they knew all what was going down. Kelly Benson was certainly the most pushy of the group and touted magnificent returns, constantly updating me on positions and auctions that were all just around the corner. Never got there though. Bought a bunch, sold nothing....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 2:58 pm 

Sorry to hear that, sizzle5u. It's hard to know who to trust anymore, especially when a company is backed by BBB Online (Better Business Bureau). I guess they are more about protecting companies that pay dues to them than exposing them.
On another note, I tried calling the toll free number today(just curious) and found it was disconnected - probably the website will be gone shortly also.

Post subject: BBB
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 9:30 pm 

I am also disappointed in the BBB. I notified them as early as Sept '06 and yet they are still listing them as a-ok. I have contacted them repeatedly for updates but they always say they'll have to contact LVZ one more time and that gives them another 10 days to reply. Then, I hear nothing until I ask again and get the same answer.

What good are they?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 12:52 pm 

I have been watching the correspondence here at this site, as I too, lost some money to these people over the past several months. I plan to contact Mr. Cinnamo to provide him with anything he may want from me.

Post subject: Thanks for posting....
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 1:01 pm 

Thanks for posting here - if you need any more information, just ask.

We may only be able to stop them from hurting others but that would, at least, be an accomplishment.

emdee

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 4:46 pm 

[quote="prospector"]Sorry to hear that, sizzle5u. It's hard to know who to trust anymore, especially when a company is backed by BBB Online (Better Business Bureau). I guess they are more about protecting companies that pay dues to them than exposing them.

The BBB's backing of LVZ is what I kept falling back to as things went very slow on liquidating. I couldn't understand how Montreal's bureau could be positive about a company that might just be looting its citizens. {perhaps it's ok to loot US citizens?}

It still doesn't make sense, especially that now that the phones are dead (site seems to hang in there, again with promises of a statement, just around the corner), emails get no returns, and they are still listed and backed by the BBB of Montreal.

Bonjour, ahhhhhh, and Merci!! EH?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 7:30 pm 

If you click on the BBB logo on the LVZ site there is a new message:

This company's BBBOnLine Reliability participation has lapsed for one of the following reasons:

* Non-payment of the annual BBBOnLine license fee or BBB membership dues;

* Failure by the company to maintain its BBB membership, or abide by the program standards or dispute resolution requirements of the BBBOnLine program

I'll bet it lapsed for the first reason.
Anyway, too little, too late!

Post subject: Notification
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 10:15 pm 

I personally notified the BBB in Quebec in Sept of '06. They have continually told me that they were "trying again" to notify the company and with each try LVZ was given "another 10 days" to answer. Since Sept of '06.

I'll bet that the new company they've probably set up by now also has the BBB seal of approval --- is there any way to find out if they have setup under a new name? Boy, would I like to know!!!

emdee

Post subject: Question
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 10:17 pm 

Is there anyone here who has dealt with LVZ that has NOT notified someone of their losses? If so, please use all of the addresses in this topic so that, at the very least, others might be helped.
emdee

Post subject: Message from BBB
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 4:46 pm 

I received a message from BBB Quebec as follows:
Quote:
Dear Madam,

The BBB Québec has decided to cancel Lucas Van-Zenten’s membership because it is impossible to reach them among other reasons.

I would strongly suggest you contact the Phone Busters and file a complaint online. We are redirecting every unsatisfied client to the Office de la protection du consommateur and to the phone busters if you suspect a fraud.

If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to contact us.

Have a nice day,

Marina Villarroël

514-282-8758

Now the LVZ BBB link takes you to a page that says their membership has lapsed. I haven't even heard of "Phone Busters" but am getting sick of notifying more and more people who do nothing. ~sigh~

emdee

Post subject: $16,000 Taken
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 3:32 pm 

The same people took me for over $16K. What recourse do we have to recover our financial loss? Provide any suggestions. :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 3:43 pm 

Anyone provide Mr. Richard Cinnamo contact information!

Post subject: Contact Info
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 7:24 pm 

Mr. Richard Cinnamo at RJCinnamo@uspis.gov
US Postal Inspection Service
PO Box 160
185 W. John Street
Hicksville, NY 11802-0160
516-932-4580, ext 18

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 9:55 pm 

FINALLY a web site that gives me the information I need. I've been suspicious of LVZ and Kristine Lavallee (now "no longer with the firm" according to Starkman) for about a year now. The BBB site really threw me off and previous internet searches didn't give me any specifics on LVZ's scams even though the general info I found completely pointed that way. They ended up getting me for over $8K. I just sent an email off to Mr. Cinnamo who hopefully can help put these jackoffs behind bars even if he can't get any money out of them.

Keep putting updates up here as you get them if you can - thanks!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next