ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:57 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Strategic Capital Partners
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 2:40 am 

Hi! Has anyone of you heard about a company Strategic Capital Partners located in Zurich/Switzerland? They approached me to do business with them, but since I have had very bad experiences in the past (Goldmill Wagner Associates) I am very reticent even if they seem to be serious enough... Any comments? Warnings? Thumbs up?

Thank you very much in advance!

Manou

Post subject: Re: Strategic Capital Partners
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 11:23 am 

Manou wrote:
Hi! Has anyone of you heard about a company Strategic Capital Partners located in Zurich/Switzerland? They approached me to do business with them, but since I have had very bad experiences in the past (Goldmill Wagner Associates) I am very reticent even if they seem to be serious enough... Any comments? Warnings? Thumbs up?

Thank you very much in advance!

Manou

I have been approached by this company too, trying to convince me to buy stocks in a US firm developing new biotech products. They post me some leaflets, but real information is basicly nil. I'm waiting for the next steps.
Are there any particular prevention methods to check if the intentions of these people are trustable?

Regards.
dlsantos

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 3:07 am 

If they are "cold callers", meaning they all of a sudden called you, I would be very, very careful. If it's not an advance fee scam it's probably "pump and dump" by boiler room 'traders'. This method was very popular at the end of the 1990th.

Post subject: Pump & Dump
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 3:57 am 

This is what the SEC has to say: http://ftp.sec.gov/answers/pumpdump.htm

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 4:51 pm 

well, they did convince me and I bought into the 'US firm developing new biotech products'. based on what I've found, Yale university indeed has got a share in the company and the people behind the company are real.

still, before I send the money, I checked the swiss company register, googled the swiss pages what they're saying about them and even called the bank (LLB) to find out more about nature of their relationship.

so far, it seems as a serious company, not a scam. pump and dump here doesn't work as you're subscribing to a company that is not traded yet (on even OTC).

I haven't invested a lot, though. I am want to see what's going to happen w/ the 'US firm developing biotech products' before I spare some additional money...

Post subject: Strategic Capital Partners
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 4:43 am 

I was contacted by this group earlier this summer with the opportunity to invest in Great Basin Scientific. I've seen the web site (dull) but i've also now seen a presentation DVD which, although it wont win any oscars, does have all the relevent people endorsing the company, speaking of its close ties with Yale University and has a number of experts talking up the technolgy - it looks good. Also, cant find anything truely negative about Strategic, the group offering the stock. Lots of questions on the net, but they're registered and legal, also, Ive noticed that any investment money is sent straight to Great basin. I'll let you know how it goes but this looks good, i'm going to invest. :roll: Wish me luck!!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 3:41 am 

Hi
I too am looking to invest through them. I find their answers knowledgeable. Just afraid they do not want to put anything in writing.
Is there something I am missing. I find their exploration gold company, Mayangold in Honduras attractive.
Please advise if I am being stupid or missing something.
Tx
David

Their website? http://www.mayangold.net/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 12:21 pm 
Gold Member

The domain has been registered for 5 years, unusual for many scammer sites. I ran a search on the phone numbers I found on the contact us page and here's what I got.

Quote:
Information on phone number range +504 221XXXX
Number billable as geographic number
Country or destination Honduras
City or exchange location Almendros 2
Original network provider* Hondutel

Quote:
702-949-0959
Note: This telephone number is most likely a Kazakhstan number. Specific information on this number range is not available. This might mean that this particular telephone number does not exist. Should this be incorrect, be sure to notify us.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 12:43 pm 

I've looked up on internet their mines and found this one:
http://www.goldandsilvermines.com/crico.htm

apparently they've bought the mine recently.

Post subject: Great detective work!
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 3:51 am 

Well it really looks like you've sniffed out the bad guys! :lol:
But then again, as a US operation, do you not think that the 702 code might possibly have a 1 in front of it? This would make it a Las Vegas area code, which is where they have their US office :shock:

I managed to speak to Mark Zolbrist and he says they bought the Clavo Rico mine back in 2001. The web page looks like it expires next month so it may well be old....

Good luck to all for 2007.

Ever heard of BCST? I was advised to buy it by SCP through my normal bank at $1.20

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 4:38 am 

what's BCST?

Post subject: BCST
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 5:23 am 

BCST is Broadcast International ... SCP arent selling it, I think it was just a recomendation from my contact there. I'm looking into it. Apparently it has been falling and now it's expected to start climbing. Revenues have gone from $5M to $15M in the last twelve months which has grabbed my interest.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:04 am 

I've just received a call from my contact at SCP inviting me to buy BCST. he was talking about solid 'pipeline' of contracts/works over the next couple of months.

having looked BCST last 10Q (only quarter ending june 2006 is available) - the company has got negative shareholder equity, among other things on their unhealthy balance sheet.

I was just wondering if a company w/ negative shareholder equity can trade at 'standard' AMEX/NASDAQ markets - in most europan countries the company should declare bankrupcy.

Post subject: Broadcast International
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 10:55 am 

back to Broadcast international - they've done this press release yesterday - can someone make sense of it?

http://www.alphatrade.com/news/stories/ ... 07639.html

I see two options but don't know which one is closer to the truth...
(a.) broadcast wants to be independent because something bigger is coming up or
(b.) the other two parties are scaling down their investment in broadcast.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:06 am 

Hi,

Has anybody here heard about First Swiss Management AG?. I've seen in previous posts some information on Mayangold. However, I am still interested if anybody poseses an updated information on Mayangold and on the situation what excactly is going on in Honduras. Summing up, should I assume a loss on this investment or mayby there are any chances to be given back at least a money invested.

thanks for any information